• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

3 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Like I said no need to ban anything. If they implement the kinds of requirements to purchase guns they have in Japan, whoever passes them can buy whatever gun they like. 

In Japan they are allowed only shotguns that's the requirement and only few exceptions are allowed to buy those. I never brought up Japan's laws. I wanted to ban assault rifles, no one needs them to hunt. Their only purpose is to kill.

9 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

In Japan they are allowed only shotguns that's the requirement and only few exceptions are allowed to buy those. I never brought up Japan's laws. I wanted to ban assault rifles, no one needs them to hunt. There only purpose is to kill.

Yes I brought up the Japan laws because I thought it was a good model to base the laws off of. You need to compromise though, people like their guns and have the right to have them. Idk why people want the AK15, maybe some like to collect them? who knows but it doesn't matter because it's their constitutional right for now. You aren't changing the amendment so having that the next best thing is to make it really difficult to get a gun when was my point when I brought up what they do in Japan. 

22 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Name one legitimate reason to own an AR-15, any riffle that can be adapted to fire 100 rounds on full automatic or even simulate full automatic with a bump stock. The shooter in Las Vegas had a double 50 round magazine with a bump stock. That should never be allowed to happen.

Pretty sure the authors of the second amendment didn't have these types of weapons in mind, since they only had single shot flintlock muskets.

Japan

See also: Haitōrei Edict

The weapons law of Japan begins by stating "No one shall possess a firearm or firearms or a sword or swords", and very few exceptions are allowed.[59] Citizens are permitted to possess firearms for hunting and sport shooting, but only after submitting to a lengthy licensing procedure.[60] After ten years of shotgun ownership, a licence-holder may apply to obtain a rifle.

I would be OK with that. A lengthy licensing procedure followed by 10 years of owning only a shotgun before being allowed to own a rifle, not an assault weapon AR-15 or fact simile.

AR-15 aren't good for hunting, what they are good at, is killing from a distance. They couldn't even see the shooter in Vegas, because he was firing from concealment.

You would have to assume that the writer's were stupid and didn't think there would ever be technological advances. Their intent of the amendment was not based on the type of weapons used. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

They should be doing that for more than just the gun lobby. First they'd have to define "assault weapon". Would you be OK with special permits to purchase said assault weapons? What if banning these does not stop mass shootings? What then?

I don't agree with everything that's been proposed to curb some of the violence but you're asking the wrong questions. We will probably never "stop" every potential mass shooting from occurring. The bar you set is pretty much impossible to reach in this country. The question should be what can we do to reduce the number with sensible action. Enhanced background checks for every gun purchase is a good first step. Most reasonable gun owners are on board with that.

10 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Yes I brought up the Japan laws because I thought it was a good model to base the laws off of. You need to compromise though, people like their guns and have the right to have them. Idk why people want the AK15, maybe some like to collect them? who knows but it doesn't matter because it's their constitutional right for now. You aren't changing the amendment so having that the next best thing is to make it really difficult to get a gun when was my point when I brought up what they do in Japan. 

I think the issue with this is that there is a line between keeping the wrong people from having them and honestly infringing on those that are safe to have them. I fully support finding a medium that can do both.

1 minute ago, InsideThePark said:

I don't agree with everything that's been proposed to curb some of the violence but you're asking the wrong questions. We will probably never "stop" every potential mass shooting from occurring. The bar you set is pretty much impossible to reach in this country. The question should be what can we do to reduce the number with sensible action. Enhanced background checks for every gun purchase is a good first step. Most reasonable gun owners are on board with that.

As the biggest gun supporter here I am on board with this too. As far as enhanced background, what they are doing now isn't working well, whether it's failure to report things to the NCIS or just plain laziness by those that are supposed to do the checks. Find out why it isn't working and then see how, if anything, can be done for further enhancement. It's obvious that most AR-15 owners will never harm another innocent human with their's as there is an estimated 8-10 million of them in circulation. I didn't mean to word it as stop all mass shootings/murder but rather significantly reduce them.

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

No need to ban anything, just do what they do in Japan

Japan had 11 gun deaths in 2008, we had 12,000.

Sure they don't have full automatic rifles, mostly shotguns for 10 years before they can but a rifle. Not a machine gun. An AR-15 with a bump stock and a 100 round magazine is a machine gun.

33 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

The authors of the Constitution and specifically the second amendment had no idea of the weapons we have today. They said right to bear arms in reference to forming a militia. Is that what there doing when they turn these guns on students. The shooter in Florida wasn't old enough to buy alcohol but had no problem getting an AR-15.

30 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

How do we know until we try. Doing next to nothing has not worked for sure. Enough is enough. Like the student said in the press conference BS to never stopping gun violence. You can't no that if we haven't even tried.

48 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The authors of the Constitution and specifically the second amendment had no idea of the weapons we have today. They said right to bear arms in reference to forming a militia. Is that what there doing when they turn these guns on students. The shooter in Florida wasn't old enough to buy alcohol but had no problem getting an AR-15.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZS.html

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Supreme Court once said Blacks were 3/5 of a man. It depends on which president stuffs the court. I still say the founding fathers never had these types of firearms in mind when they wrote the Bill of Rights. I am OK with the right to bear arms just not military type weapons. Even the Army no longer has the M16 firing full auto, it fires 3 round bursts, for a different reason but still. Hunting rifles fine but not machine guns.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I agree but the only stuff I see on the news puts almost zero accountability on the shooter. Hell, they make the FBI sound more evil than this kid.

i've seen and heard plenty about this guy being a gigantic piece of crap that fell through some very big cracks in the system. i think that message is being overwhelmed by the fact that we've had yet another massive school shooting and relatively nothing is being done to try and change things. people are pissed and want to see things change.

8 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

President Trump Ranks Last in 'Presidential Greatness,' According to Historians

http://time.com/5165686/donald-trump-last-place-presidential-greatness/

Dang. Isn't this a bit premature? At least give him a full term and not just base it on his personality. Granted it will probably be pretty close to accurate after all is said and done.