• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On 2/8/2018 at 5:53 PM, red321 said:

Funny. But the truth is actually worse. He knew and still stuck up for him. He knew why the security clearance was being held up and still included him in high profile activities. And it appears he might have seen photos and still tried to convince the guy not to resign. 

Like Trump, many people refuse to believe domestic violence victims. That has to stop.

Convictions in domestic violence cases are rare for many reasons. One of the best explanations of this phenomenon is a study done by Sherry Hamby, a psychology professor at Sewanee: The University of the South in Tennessee.

She examined 517 cases of domestic violence identified in a survey. Here’s what happened:

●Only 130 of those were called in to police because victims often decide not to call or are pressured not to report.

●Of those cases, police didn’t even show up 27 times.

●The 103 cases that did get investigated resulted in 61 arrests.

●Those arrests resulted in 43 people charged. How many of those 43 charges resulted in jail time?

Ten.

Still think the American legal system, the “due process” Trump was talking about, works for women?

All of those facts are true and it does suck.  However, the bedrock of our legal system is that a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

It looks like this guy did what he has been accused of.  I just don't want us to go down a road where people lose their livelihood based off of accusations alone.

11 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

All of those facts are true and it does suck.  However, the bedrock of our legal system is that a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

It looks like this guy did what he has been accused of.  I just don't want us to go down a road where people lose their livelihood based off of accusations alone.

What’s alarming is that the atomosphere is so toxic and hysterical right now that one does wonder if these kinds of accusations are going to more commonly be weaponized.  You obviously don’t want women to feel like they can’t come forward but it’s also a problem if the line between actual harassment or worse is blurred with behavior that is bad taste or stupidity but in real terms is harmless.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What’s alarming is that the atomosphere is so toxic and hysterical right now that one does wonder if these kinds of accusations are going to more commonly be weaponized.  You obviously don’t want women to feel like they can’t come forward but it’s also a problem if the line between actual harassment or worse is blurred with behavior that is bad taste or stupidity but in real terms is harmless.  

Yeah, that's the trick.  It is a catch 22.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Don Trump Jr. strikes me as stupid enough to order cocaine through the mail. "They'll never think of checking it!"

Next week's meme:
Explaining how the Trumps, Russians and the home shopping network conspired to win the 2016 election using the unused Atari ET cartridges unburied from 1983.

I just don't want us to go down a road where people lose their livelihood based off of accusations alone.

There you have it.  This is the Trump era where every day someone is now being tagged an abuser.  Well you vote in a guy who denies any wrong doing of anything from well money laundering to sexual harassment, when ya I ain't got no tax return to them ho's are liars.  This is not metoo or what not but dumb fucks allowing the biggest dumb fuck to infect our country.This shit never happened before not because of Barry but the virus running our country. Blame the source, not the results. 

Nostrovia Comrades!   

In Rob Porter Case, Trump Sends A Message: We Will Protect Powerful Alleged Abusers

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rob-porter-trump-powerful-alleged-abusers_us_5a821a35e4b01467fcf07650

White House officials were aware of the accusations against Porter for months, according to news reports, though there are still questions about the extent to which Kelly knew. Porter was able, nonetheless, to keep his job as staff secretary until last week, when he resigned after the allegations became public. Right away, Trump and Kelly publicly leapt to Porter’s defense.

That response sends a message not just to Porter’s alleged victims but also to other people who are considering reporting abuse. 

“Anecdotally, I think most victims don’t feel like they can report, because abusers get away with the abuse,” said Gretchen Shaw, associate director of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. “This is an example of how they do so — they are elevated, they are protected by the people that brush this issue under the rug, and put their skill and experience ahead of what sounds like incredible violence.”

Lindsay Walters, a White House spokeswoman, said in an email that the administration “takes the issue of domestic violence very seriously” and that Trump’s budget will be “fully funding the Violence Against Women Act.” (Kelly wrote in an email to White House staff that domestic violence “has no place in our society.”)

But Porter is not an isolated incident. White House speechwriter David Sorensen resigned last week following a Washington Post report about his ex-wife’s claims of abuse, including that he put out a lit cigarette on her hand. Sorensen denied the allegations.

The president has also cozied up with other men who have faced serious domestic abuse claims, including his former labor secretary pick, Andrew Puzder (He “hit me in the head pushed his knee into my chest twisted my arm and dragged me on the floor,” his first wife said). There was also an accusation of domestic violence against former chief strategist Steve Bannon. (Puzder and Bannon have denied the allegations.)

18 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Omarosa says that Mike Pence thinks Jesus is literally talking to him and telling him to do things. 

Hopefully Omarosa is full of shit. 

This is the one thing that I think Omarosa is dead right on.  I don't think the impeach Trump libs realize how far to the right Pence is.  Like so far, that he makes moderate conservatives look like extreme left liberals.