• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

4 hours ago, tennischmp said:

If you cared to read more into this, you would see that it wasn't just that he didn't bother to apply

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/middleeast/deportee-us-intl/index.html?sr=twCNN020818deportee-us-intl1215PMVODtop

i read the initial article, and it was essentially a bunch of tweets focused on the "oh, poor guy!" reaction from the readers. it provided no other details, though it certainly should have.

i also read your article, which provided much greater detail. sounds like the guy has a case to make, but i still didn't see much of an emphasis on him trying to gain citizenship during his time here. maybe i'm missing something but it looked like most of his efforts were simply to just remain here with one failed attempt at getting a green card.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i read the initial article, and it was essentially a bunch of tweets focused on the "oh, poor guy!" reaction from the readers. it provided no other details, though it certainly should have.

i also read your article, which provided much greater detail. sounds like the guy has a case to make, but i still didn't see much of an emphasis on him trying to gain citizenship during his time here. maybe i'm missing something but it looked like most of his efforts were simply to just remain here with one failed attempt at getting a green card.

The first wife lied about the marriage being a sham.  This caused his green card to be revoked.  She has come forward and admitted that the marriage was legitimate and not fraudulent.  It’s clearly an injustice.  Not that the people in power or their supporters give a fuck. 

This about sums up the case. 

“In a highly irregular rebuke of Congressional authority by ICE, Amer Othman was ripped from his four daughters, his wife, and the country that he has called home for over thirty years,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), who had been fighting his deportation, said in a statement. “Amer was a pillar of the community and brought commerce to a downtown that craved investment. He hired members of our community. He paid taxes. He did everything right. There are violent criminals walking the streets, yet our government wasted our precious resources incarcerating him.”

Othman Adi, who arrived in the U.S. 39 years ago and whose wife and three daughters are all U.S. citizens, had his green card revoked after authorities accused him of marriage fraud. He was never granted a day in court to fight the charge, despite his ex-wife signing an affidavit confirming that the marriage was indeed legitimate and claiming that authorities had pressured her to previously say the marriage had been fake. He and his current wife, Fidaa Musleh, have been fighting the charge for years without success.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Also Obama tried to deport him but Trump is just more efficient at it. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is an egregious case of unwise enforcement Jason.  The guy was a legal resisdent and was unjustly pursued by ICE.  I’m not sure where you came up with the idea that the Obama administration tried to deport him but failed due to “inefficiency”

How was he a legal resident if he had his green card revoked? 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is an egregious case of unwise enforcement Jason.  The guy was a legal resisdent and was unjustly pursued by ICE.  I’m not sure where you came up with the idea that the Obama administration tried to deport him but failed due to “inefficiency”

They tried to deport him in 2009.The inefficiency remark was not supposed to taken literally. I will say that there wasn't a need to deport since he was being productive and living a good life.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

This was a stupid deportation.  Makes no sense.

He had no green card and there was a deportation order issued 8+ years ago. 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

They tried to deport him in 2009.The inefficiency remark was not supposed to taken literally. I will say that there wasn't a need to deport since he was being productive and living a good life.

Unfortunately for Amir, that isn't the criteria for being allowed to ignore a law in this country. 

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He wasn’t ignoring the law.  It must be something to be incapable of processing context. 

Lol right. 

He knew the law and ignored it, even when presented with a deportation order. 

You can't pick which laws you decide you are required to follow and which you can ignore.  

There's your context. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Lol right. 

He knew the law and ignored it, even when presented with a deportation order. 

You can't pick which laws you decide you are required to follow and which you can ignore.  

There's your context. 

Wtf are you even talking about.  Did you even read the story ?  He didn’t ignore anything.  He complied with all of their requests.  He checked in as requested.  He was living here legally with the green card.  The green card was revoked because the first wife made false statements.  She has since admitted that she lied. 

43 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The green card was revoked because the first wife made false statements.  She has since admitted that she lied. 

I read it, did you? 

" In 2007, she signed an affidavit retracting her statement and denying the marriage was fraudulent. Despite the affidavit, he was unable to gain legal status. In 2009, he was issued with a deportation order.  "

(she retracted her statement some 15 yrs later, which meant he was here illegally for that time period)

43 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He checked in as requested.

Since then . . . 

"After conducting a comprehensive review of Adi's case, ICE said in the statement that it has chosen not to grant a stay of removal.

Over the past decade, Adi's immigration case has "undergone exhaustive judicial review at multiple levels of the nation's courts, including before the immigration courts, federal appeals courts and U.S. district court. In each review, the courts have held that Adi does not have a legal basis to remain in the US," ICE said in the statement."

Now, you prove to me that he was here legally. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

I read it, did you? 

" In 2007, she signed an affidavit retracting her statement and denying the marriage was fraudulent. Despite the affidavit, he was unable to gain legal status. In 2009, he was issued with a deportation order.  "

(she retracted her statement some 15 yrs later, which meant he was here illegally for that time period)

Since then . . . 

"After conducting a comprehensive review of Adi's case, ICE said in the statement that it has chosen not to grant a stay of removal.

Over the past decade, Adi's immigration case has "undergone exhaustive judicial review at multiple levels of the nation's courts, including before the immigration courts, federal appeals courts and U.S. district court. In each review, the courts have held that Adi does not have a legal basis to remain in the US," ICE said in the statement."

Now, you prove to me that he was here legally. 

He was here legally before the green card was revoked, apparently unjustly.  He wasn’t hiding from them.  Anyway.  We won’t agree on this. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is old news. I don't think any of them care anymore about it. It's pathetic