• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

10 minutes ago, LHalo said:

You're cute name for a tax cut isn't going to sway anyone when people like me saw a healthy bump in their paycheck. Hopefully there will be a spending cut in the next budget. One can dream. 

I’m glad you saw a nice bump in your paycheck. I did as well. Not nearly as much as Paul Ryan and the Koch brothers did...and theirs were permanent, ours expire. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

more tax revenues in the end.

I think the laffer curve has been pretty much debunked at this point, repeatedly. Check out the results in Kansas for recent proof. Hell, check out the recent announcement additional borrowing was required this year due to reduced tax receipts. 

16 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I wonder if red ever had anything to say about Obama adding $10 trillion to the debt. Did we have a thread about that? I can't remember.

I'll take the projected $1.5 trillion added debt if the tax cuts produce greater economic growth and more tax revenues in the end.

oh my, voo doo ecnomics !

and your first part is wrong.  Trump is on his way to adding more to the debt then Obama.

Edited by UndertheHalo

31 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I wonder if red ever had anything to say about Obama adding $10 trillion to the debt. Did we have a thread about that? I can't remember.

I'll take the projected $1.5 trillion added debt if the tax cuts produce greater economic growth and more tax revenues in the end.

This is a two way road. You now don't care about adding $1.5 trillion to the debt plus all the other money added to the debt? 

I forgot, depending on where you stand, as long as the person has the correct letter next to their name, we are allowed to bury our heads in the sand. 

When have dems ever worried about adding to the deficit?  When have they ever championed a tax cut for anyone?  I hate this as much as anyone but our system works on the basis of compromise.  Without that we get shutdowns.

This wasn't the time for Rand Paul to take up this fight.  He had no problem with the earlier bill.  If he wanted to make a bigger difference he should have performed better in the debates and ran a more spirited campaign.  I like his politics but he has been relatively ineffective.

Edited by mtangelsfan

The 1.5T over the next decade is on top of the previously projected annual deficits.  There was an article talking about how the current fiscal year deficit is expected to come close to 1T while the previous year was something like 600B.  Also we've seen that counting on revenue stemming from tax cuts to make up for overspending doesn't pan out.  R, D, right, left - any way you slice it we're all going to be screwed when there's no other option but to make drastic cuts.  Deficit spending is supposed to be use to stimulate growth during a recession and not as a way of life.  Unfortunately it's been used for almost 4 decades now to buy votes and make citizens more dependent on the government and both sides are guilty of this.  

34 minutes ago, Kevin said:

This is a two way road. You now don't care about adding $1.5 trillion to the debt plus all the other money added to the debt? 

I forgot, depending on where you stand, as long as the person has the correct letter next to their name, we are allowed to bury our heads in the sand. 

That's $1.5 trillion spread out over ten years, an annual amount of $150 billion. If tax revenues increase due to greater economic growth, more jobs, higher wages, etc. then it's probably worth it.

I'm less happy about the $300-500 billion added spending from this current budget deal, but remember, this money is not yet spent, only appropriated. There could be adjustments at some point to lower the projected amount.

19 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

That's $1.5 trillion spread out over ten years, an annual amount of $150 billion. If tax revenues increase due to greater economic growth, more jobs, higher wages, etc. then it's probably worth it.

I'm less happy about the $300-500 billion added spending from this current budget deal, but remember, this money is not yet spent, only appropriated. There could be adjustments at some point to lower the projected amount.

Since when have Republicans and Democrats shown any restraint when it comes to spending? 

And adding $1.5 trillion to the debt over ten years doesn't make made me feel any better. It's still debt PLUS all the other shit we throw on it. 

Is it even possible for a person in either party to get elected and legislate in a manner that is simultaneously beneficial for their level of government and appealing enough for voter to get elected. We lambaste politicians, usually justifiably. However how much of this is our fault as voters?

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Is it even possible for a person in either party to get elected and legislate in a manner that is simultaneously beneficial for their level of government and appealing enough for voter to get elected. We lambaste politicians, usually justifiably. However how much of this is our fault as voters?

We get the government we deserve.  We are all about soundbites, tweets and competing facts.  Things that take less than a minute to think about.  

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Since when have Republicans and Democrats shown any restraint when it comes to spending? 

And adding $1.5 trillion to the debt over ten years doesn't make made me feel any better. It's still debt PLUS all the other shit we throw on it. 

don't sweat it, man. the wars are almost over. we'll be out of this in no time.

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Different situation here.  Most of the debt created under Obama happened in the first few years.  There was less revenue because of the Bush era tax cuts and we were in a recession.  The Iraq war was bleeding us dry.  We had to bail out the banks, the car manufacturers, and pass a stimulus package.

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

Different situation here.  Most of the debt created under Obama happened in the first few years.  There was less revenue because of the Bush era tax cuts and we were in a recession.  The Iraq war was bleeding us dry.  We had to bail out the banks, the car manufacturers, and pass a stimulus package.

There is always an excuse.  Nobody has cared about this for a very long time.