• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

23 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

wonder if Trump vetoes this.  

McConnell has put him in a corner with this.

Border wall was more tied to DACA then the budget. I guess nothing has changed other than the government won't shut down because of it. Probably.

44 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You have a crappy tax guy then man.  I will see probably $1500 more dollars in my annual income thanks to that.

(still think it should have been more though)

Come on guys, you know I was making a reference to the Ryan tweet applauding the school secretary that made an extra $1.50/wk to pay her membership. LOL Geeze

She wants a vote on amnesty right now or the Democrats will oppose a bill to fund the government.

This failed when Schumer tried it. And it will certainly fail now, since the GOP has the majority.

Pelosi is safe for reelection in 2018. She routinely gets 80% of the vote in her district.

Edited by fan_since79

The solution is so simple, a fifth-grader could draw it up. Give a limited amnesty to the dreamers, all of them. Stop the fear of deportation. Work permits first, then later on a green card. After that, get in line with the rest of the permanent residents waiting for citizenship. Get them working and into the system where they're paying into Social Security and Medicare. No more underground cash economy. Help them to become Americans in the fullest sense of the word.

Edited by fan_since79

14 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

She wants a vote on amnesty right now or the Democrats will oppose a bill to fund the government.

This failed when Schumer tried it. And it will certainly fail now, since the GOP has the majority.

Pelosi is safe for reelection in 2018. She routinely gets 80% of the vote in her district.

A clean dreamer bill would pass both houses, probably with pretty clear majorities. House/Senate leadership won't let it be brought up for a vote.

Ryan can't get approval from the crazy wing of his caucus for most/any spending items and requires Democratic votes. Minority has very little leverage, especially in the house. Guess you could argue if this is the stand they should make. I can see why they are choosing to do so, March deadline is quickly approaching for a problem that should have been pretty straightforward as you outlined in another post. Don't know if I would shut down the government over it, Adam has a pretty good point...people are fucking with a lot of lives for something most people already agree on.

I would tend to agree, she should be pissed at Schumer.

Another day, another right-wing conspiracy theory pumped into the mainstream.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/372819-fbi-texts-referred-to-briefing-obama-on-russian-interference-not-clinton

Text messages exchanged between two FBI employees stating that then-President Obama wanted “to know everything” referred to the bureau's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, not a probe into Hillary Clinton’s email server, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) released a report Tuesday that included the exchange between FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page, arguing that the texts raised questions about Obama's involvement in the investigation into Clinton's email use.