• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

This is nuts. The White House and a compliant right-wing media have successfully brainwashed their base with conspiracy theories.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-poll/most-republicans-believe-fbi-justice-dept-trying-to-delegitimize-trump-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1FP2UH

Trump has called the probe a witch hunt and accused the top leadership of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Justice Department of being biased against him. The dispute has caused an extraordinary breach between the White House and law enforcement and deepened partisan rancor.

Some 73 percent of Republicans agreed that “members of the FBI and Department of Justice are working to delegitimize Trump through politically motivated investigations.”

Nearly 84 percent of Republicans said in a January 2015 Reuters/Ipsos poll that they had a “favorable” view of the FBI.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

20 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

This is nuts. The White House and a compliant right-wing media have successfully brainwashed their base with conspiracy theories.

By the time the opposition has poked holes through the whatever bullshit comes out from the right, the news cycle has already moved on. It'll happen with the memo. They are masterfully manipulating their base (and the opposition). It's downright terrifying. 

6 hours ago, LHalo said:

Becomes mute? The White House issued a statement about it shortly after the market closed last night.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/white-house-says-its-concerned-about-stock-market-drop.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-stock-market-fall-2018-2

But after mentioning stock market gains roughly 200 times since winning the presidential election in late 2016, including 25 times last month alone, Trump has gone silent on stocks as they posted a pair of their worst single-day point performances in history, falling more than 1,800 points.

5 hours ago, LHalo said:

I just showed you that they released a statement. He didn't say anything about today's 567 point DJIA gain btw.

I agree that it is far from a smart move to try and tie your presidency to the market as it could take a massive shit at any second. 

I haven't seen him mention it in person, as far as I know Kelly wrote the statement, and Sarah talked about it. He has had plenty of actual face time in the press and failed to mention it, even when asked about it.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I haven't seen him mention it in person, as far as I know Kelly wrote the statement, and Sarah talked about it. He has had plenty of actual face time in the press and failed to mention it, even when asked about it.

What is it you want him to do? Should he start crying and acting like it's the end of the world. Of course he is going to be more vocal about the things that are going well. I agree that he shouldn't go around patting himself on the back in regards to the markets. Maybe he should just stick to the overall economy

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

What is it you want him to do? Should he start crying and acting like it's the end of the world. Of course he is going to be more vocal about the things that are going well. I agree that he shouldn't go around patting himself on the back in regards to the markets. Maybe he should just stick to the overall economy

I want him to stop lying and taking credit for things he hasn't done or doesn't deserve. Stop criticizing people for something, and then turn around and do the same thing himself. I want him to start being presidential instead of being an egotist. I want him to stop being a narcissistic hypocrite.

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

If he was an egotistical narcissist for seventy years of his life, he's not going to stop being one. That's usually how these types operate. And becoming president has only fueled that. 

Best to put your mental energy to better use. 

Maybe if we got some ghosts on Christmas to visit him?

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

wonder if Trump vetoes this.  

McConnell has put him in a corner with this.

Just saw a report from ABC News that the White House is praising the Senate deal.

Trump didn't get any funding for the wall (as far as I can discern from the initial reports), but Schumer also didn't get anything on DACA.

Compromise. What they used to do back in the day.

Edited by fan_since79

Some highlights:

Provides a $131 billion increase for non-defense programs — $57 billion in new funding over the next two years above the cap established by the 2011 Budget Control Act.

Increase defense spending by about $80 billion over the next two years.

Sets a non-defense funding cap for 2018 that is $117 billion higher than what President Trump requested in his 2018 budget request.

Provide between $80 billion and $90 billion in disaster relief for communities hit by hurricanes and wildfires

A two-year re-authorization for community health centers, with $7 billion in total funding, and $6 billion to fight opioid addiction.

$4 billion to rebuild veterans’ hospitals and clinics, $2 billion for research at the National Institutes of Health and $20 billion for infrastructure programs.

Extends funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) another four years on top of the six-year extension that Congress approved last month.