• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

23 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The Roman Republic ended in murder, and replaced by an Emperor. There never was a republic that lasted either, The Venice Republic lasted 1100 years until conquered by the Ottomans.

Ace you completely missed out on the point, again. 1,100 years is a damn long  time but it required a greater force to destroy it, the fucking Ottoman empire. It wasn't as though they voluntarily gave up their republic, or it failed to meet its people's needs, it was taken from them by force. 

Edited by Blarg

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

28 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

FCC Head and Wireless Lobby Oppose U.S. Bid to Build a 5G Network

So if we can get back to discussions and not a pissing contest.  What's everyone's thoughts on this?  Trump wants to nationalize and build a 5g network.  Just brainstorming:

Pros:

Probably can build it quickly, since there will be less red tape.  Local government would also be involved but the build would be good for business.

Build it once, instead of building it for each carrier.

Coverage everywhere, instead of coverage where the carriers make the most money.

Might be cheap fast internet for all.

Cons:

Government spying.

If done wrong, it can go horribly wrong and expensive.

At the first sign of civil insurrection the internet and all cell phone service is shut off like in other dictatorships. 

Don't like the administration? I'm sorry but your account was canceled. Had a petition? Nope, that dissappeared as well. Want to openly complain about your government services, sorry you can't access the internet anymore and your phone is tapped. 

Yeah, sign me up for more government controlled communications. 

Edited by Blarg

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Again, Ace you completely missed out on the point, again. 1,100 years is a damn long  time but it required a greater force to destroy it, the fucking Ottoman empire. It wasn't as though they voluntarily gave up their republic, or it failed to meet its people's needs, it was taken from them by force. 

So is the 964 years of the Greek democracy. Monarchs last the longest though. Using this logic the longest lasting empire ever is Japan, which has existed as an empire for over 2600 years if we count legendary emperors, and still 1743 years and counting if we start from the first historical emperor.

Some of the shortest lived forms of governments are Republics. I'm sure you'll figure a cute of spinning it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shortest-lived_sovereign_states

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

So is the 964 years of the Greek democracy. Monarchs last the longest though. Using this logic the longest lasting empire ever is Japan, which has existed as an empire for over 2600 years if we count legendary emperors, and still 1743 years and counting if we start from the first historical emperor.

Some of the shortest lived forms of governments are Republics. I'm sure you'll figure a cute of spinning it.

So you would rather a Monarchy over a Republic? Good talk. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

So you would rather a Monarchy over a Republic? Good talk. 

Did I say that? Republics have failed in 1 day at times. I want a republic where the top representative is voted on with a popular vote.

It was you or your cohorts that bought up the argument that democracy always fail. Just letting you that all forms of governments fail eventually. Still isn't a legitimate reason for the EC. The government would be just fine without it. Thank you very much. I am not going to change your mine and you won't change mine. I am not a strict democrat or Republican. I voted for Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Obama. I just think Trump is a POS.

6 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Did I say that? Republics have failed in 1 day at times. I want a republic where the top representative is voted on with a popular vote.

It was you or your cohorts that bought up the argument that democracy always fail. Just letting you that all forms of governments fail eventually. Still isn't a legitimate reason for the EC. The government would be just fine without it. Thank you very much. I am not going to change your mine and you won't change mine. I am not a strict democrat or Republican. I voted for Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Obama. I just think Trump is a POS.

So your argument is based around being on the losing side of one in five presidential elections. 

giphy.gif

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. 

21 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

But...the president is not a representative. He's the head of the Executive branch of the government. He does sign bills into law, but he doesn't get to vote on them. He is empowered to enforce the laws made by the true representatives, the Congress.

20 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.

Sir Winston Churchill

Spoken by the prime Minister of a constitutional monarchy, not to be confused with an actual democracy. 

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

But...the president is not a representative. He's the head of the Executive branch of the government. He does sign bills into law, but he doesn't get to vote on them. He is empowered to enforce the laws made by the true representatives, the Congress.

In as much as he represents the US he is. Semantics. All elected officials are representing something. I am done playing this game. Next subject.

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

In as much as he represents the US he is. Semantics. All elected officials are representing something. I am done playing this game. Next subject.

I'm just pointing out some basic Civics. This is the government that was created. If you want your president elected by popular vote totals, amend the Constitution to get rid of the Electoral College. That process was done with the senators, who in the beginning were not elected by popular vote. The 17th Amendment changed that.

What you or I "want" is not going to change things. But get enough people (and members of Congress) to feel the way you do, and maybe an amendment can eventually pass. I think the chances are not good here, though. The EC is probably not going away.

58 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Yes I agree.  AW.com should be ruled by the Japanese.  Bow to me you peasants.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm just pointing out some basic Civics. This is the government that was created. If you want your president elected by popular vote totals, amend the Constitution to get rid of the Electoral College. That process was done with the senators, who in the beginning were not elected by popular vote. The 17th Amendment changed that.

What you or I "want" is not going to change things. But get enough people (and members of Congress) to feel the way you do, and maybe an amendment can eventually pass. I think the chances are not good here, though. The EC is probably not going away.

Good to know that time in college wasn't wasted, thanks for stating the obvious. I know all about how the 3 branches of government work.

I expect honesty from my president, and Trump has been caught lying 1,628 times.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-fact-check-false-claims-a-day-number-total-count-latest-president-a8055306.html