• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

38 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

We'll see what happens.  The republicans cant use CHIP as leverage any more and they've publicly promised to deal with DACA.  If they don't the democrats will force a shut down again in a few weeks.  I just don't have a lot of faith that the public will hold the republicans accountable if they renege.   Which wouldn't be surprising.

I didn't realize CHIP was part of this. That certainly is a positive. A lot of Democrats are going to be watching closely to see what happens next.

35 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Mulvaney said over the weekend that when Schumer supposedly offered Trump wall funding in their deal, Schumer was only going to give about 5% of the needed funds.

Just as I thought.

And if the Dems win seats in November  that 5% would go away.

41 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Mulvaney said over the weekend that when Schumer supposedly offered Trump wall funding in their deal, Schumer was only going to give about 5% of the needed funds.

Just as I thought.

I'm not Schumer is allowed to authorize how Mexico spends their money, or Mulvaney for that matter

We'll see.  Neither side really gave up anything.  Basically Dems are counting on putting more blame on Republicans if there is a second shut down.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-democrats-shutdown-daca_us_5a661365e4b0e56300720e59

“It would be my intention to take up legislation here in the Senate that would address DACA, border security, and related issues as well as disaster relief, defense funding, health care, and other important matters,” McConnell said. “It would be my strong preference for the Senate to consider a proposal that can actually be signed into law, a bipartisan, bicameral group is already negotiating, and I look forward to completion of its work.” 

59 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

The Dems minds are so full of hate as a population, they're never happy and seemed determined to go down in flames over DACA.

They took a position they couldn't defend ~ this was a spending bill, not a legislative discussion.

Since the Republicans are intent at cutting off all actual discussion, they were left little choice if this issue was to be addressed. Also, I am patiently waiting for an explanation as to how the Republicans can have a majority in both houses and hold the White House and still be unable to get a budget passed.

Just now, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Since the Republicans are intent at cutting off all actual discussion, they were left little choice if this issue was to be addressed. Also, I am patiently waiting for an explanation as to how the Republicans can have a majority in both houses and hold the White House and still be unable to get a budget passed.

51 < 60?

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Obviously all reps don't goose step along with the party or they would.

4 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

and there it is, the shiny distraction for the week.

not that he should have done this, but it'll get talked about ad nauseum while important things are glossed over or ignored.

41 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's been an actual budget passed in years. Just a long series of "Continuing Resolutions", which are basically stop-gap measures to keep the federal government running for a time.

The whole process has become politicized, and there seems to be zero willingness to compromise.

59 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You need 60 votes  in the Senate to pass a budget. Republicans have 51 + Pence. They need some Dems to vote "Yes" on the budget, too.

Hopefully Repubs will gain enough seats in November to avoid future #Schumershutdowns

50 minutes ago, Tank said:

and there it is, the shiny distraction for the week.

not that he should have done this, but it'll get talked about ad nauseum while important things are glossed over or ignored.

So you're saying it doesn't even matter anymore?

59 minutes ago, Tank said:

/sniff

It's those rare moments like this when you feel like you aren't a waste of carbon and have made a positive difference in the world.

25 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Critical?

All this stuff is so stupid.  We deserve this government.  It sucks because the voters suck.

Obama's FBI, DOJ, and CIA , Samantha Power (300 FISA requests in 1 year by her)  Susan Rice and surely Ben Rhodes ALL broke the law to surveille the Trump campaign before and AFTER the election. Mike Rogers, the director of NSA at the time went to Trump Tower to talk to Trump after the election and shortly after Trump and his staff moved to New Jersey.

Meanwhile, Loretta Lynch and Comey were doing everything they could to let Hillary slide.