• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

13 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

We've reached the point where anything disagreeable with the left is Russian.

I've reached a point where a guy who broke all his businesses and could never get a penny from any credible lender needs his finances investigated to be a POTUS. 

That makes me a Patriot go figure while you turn on state run TV to look away. 

Blarg.  I have an old rock-em-sock-em robot game in the box forever thinking it will be worth millions one day.  I am breaking it out for a our match. 

Just for Blarg here goes a non medicated post. Oh and ITP, you don't like it you know where the button is, but down deep you like it. Lets get back to I surround myself with the best people and only the best.  Yes it's Stephen Miller time again.  I went one year to Santa Monica High, fucking great, the H in 4-H stood for hemp. We took off at lunch and walked the rafters under the Santa Monica Pier above the water to the end and got high and laid. Stephen Miller got picked on for being weird and wanting to start a neo-something club.  Guy doomed himself. 

His grandmother didn't speak English and his parents were libs.  Nothing more dangerous than a loser who never conformed to make a political career out of hating his life. 

Now this antisocial by his own doing is in the ear of the POTUS.  His only credential is subscribing to hung neo-nazis magazing.  Way to hire the best and the brightest there. 

1 minute ago, Kurt Swanson said:

Just for Blarg here goes a non medicated post. Oh and ITP, you don't like it you know where the button is, but down deep you like it. Lets get back to I surround myself with the best people and only the best.  Yes it's Stephen Miller time again.  I went one year to Santa Monica High, fucking great, the H in 4-H stood for hemp. We took off at lunch and walked the rafters under the Santa Monica Pier above the water to the end and got high and laid. Stephen Miller got picked on for being weird and wanting to start a neo-something club.  Guy doomed himself. 

His grandmother didn't speak English and his parents were libs.  Nothing more dangerous than a loser who never conformed to make a political career out of hating his life. 

Now this antisocial by his own doing is in the ear of the POTUS.  His only credential is subscribing to hung neo-nazis magazing.  Way to hire the best and the brightest there. 

Is there really a market for that kind of thing?

Just now, Glen said:

Check in with me and Thomas. 

Well I'm at work today. We're still using last years funds. But it seems the Democrats are about to cave per unanimous prediction here so it's about to be moot. At least for now.

2 minutes ago, Kurt Swanson said:

Good thought.  Did you guys get an e-mail don't show or just went in, etc etc ?

We were advised to come in as normal on Friday and to monitor email and our public website. Usually the labs have a couple weeks of rainy day funding for these recurring shutdowns.

I'm having trouble understanding what Schumer agreed to here, outside of once again confirming the party lacks a spine and the ability to fight for its constituents.

The promise for a vote...after the next deadline...on a nebulous who knows what with no guarantees the house or Miller/Kelly will just blow it up like they did this time.

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm having trouble understanding what Schumer agreed to here, outside of once again confirming the party lacks a spine and the ability to fight for its constituents.

The Republicans gave Schumer a way out that saved face somewhat. That's what he agreed to.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

The promise for a vote...after the next deadline...on a nebulous who knows what with no guarantees the house or Miller/Kelly will just blow it up like they did this time.

I think the Dems were getting a lot of negative feedback from their constituents. Ten Democrat senators are up for reelection in states Trump won in 2016. The message that they were willing to shut down the government for an extended time over illegals was resonating.

It's always politics. If principle is ever involved, it's tangential to self-interest. These mega-millionaires want to keep their jobs and all the perks. That's first and foremost. And that goes for both parties.

We'll see what happens.  The republicans cant use CHIP as leverage any more and they've publicly promised to deal with DACA.  If they don't the democrats will force a shut down again in a few weeks.  I just don't have a lot of faith that the public will hold the republicans accountable if they renege.   Which wouldn't be surprising.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I doubt the Democrats have the balls/gender-neutral equivalent to force another shutdown since this one went so well for them...  I think the Republicans want a deal for DACA but they're going to make it an expensive proposition for the Democrats.