• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

7 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The Dems would rather see soldiers work without pay than swallow their pride.

We're you up in arms about Trump's comments on POW's? Yes he mentioned McCain mostly but the exact quote was "I like people who weren't captured." For a group of people that have conniption fits if they feel military personnel are being slighted, a lot of people were strangely silent or easily dismissed the comments as they put on their American flag lapels. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

They make a ton of money so 2 weeks is nothing

In general, military pay dates are easy to remember: you usually get paid on the 1st and 15th of each month. Note: Retired military members get paid once a month. There are exceptions when those dates fall on a weekend or holiday.

Unless the shut down lasts past the first, they won't even notice. Even if it last 2 weeks they will only wait an extra 2 or 3 days. Plus the ones that live on base get free food and housing for the most part.

14 minutes ago, Kevin said:

We're you up in arms about Trump's comments on POW's? Yes he mentioned McCain mostly but the exact quote was "I like people who weren't captured." For a group of people that have conniption fits if they feel military personnel are being slighted, a lot of people were strangely silent or easily dismissed the comments as they put on their American flag lapels. 

As far as I know, those POWs won't be affected by a shutdown. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

As far as I know, those POWs won't be affected by a shutdown. 

I know Lou. I'm just pointing out the military seems to always be the go to for the sob stories with certain people. Better not question anything military related because you could have the appearance of not supporting the troops. 

A lot of  people won't be paid due to the shutdown, not just military personnel. Yet soldiers were the only ones brought up and, in my personal opinion, to tug at the heart strings. And that's why i pointed out the hypocrisy of support the troops when I feel the other side is attacking them but turn a blind eye when my side says something awful about them. 

And each side does it. Red=blue. 

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Holy shit, you're drinking from his grail. Were you one of those guys who constantly bitched about Obama mentioning Bush?

I'm actually shocked you're even arguing this. It's pretty much accepted that the DACA eo by Obama was unconstitutional. Trump giving it an expiration date and telling congress to do it right is actually the lawful path.

But I guess dems have gotten so used to breaking immigration law that they dont even notice anymore.

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm actually shocked you're even arguing this. It's pretty much accepted that the DACA eo by Obama was unconstitutional. Trump giving it an expiration date and telling congress to do it right is actually the lawful path.

But I guess dems have gotten so used to breaking immigration law that they dont even notice anymore.

Are you really shocked, you snowflake?

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I know Lou. I'm just pointing out the military seems to always be the go to for the sob stories with certain people. Better not question anything military related because you could have the appearance of not supporting the troops. 

A lot of  people won't be paid due to the shutdown, not just military personnel. Yet soldiers were the only ones brought up and, in my personal opinion, to tug at the heart strings. And that's why i pointed out the hypocrisy of support the troops when I feel the other side is attacking them but turn a blind eye when my side says something awful about them. 

And each side does it. Red=blue. 

Yeah, I was joking about the POWs. 

I find people who get worked up over politics extremely entertaining . That's why I was pulling for a Trump vs Clinton battle. This has been epic. 

12 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Their next payday isn't until Feb. 1, 2008. So if the shut down ends by then they will be paid on TIME. I'm betting it will be.

Then it won't be during the shutdown.

(especially since they won't ever get paid again under your scenario)