• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On 1/4/2018 at 7:16 AM, RallyMo said:

I'm kind of at a loss.

As our resident Chief of Cynicism (well founded), what's your take?

Simply more distraction and noise?

On 1/4/2018 at 9:14 AM, Thomas said:

My guess? Either related to something we'll find out about today or in the next few days. Or something shiny to distract the opposition. Teased discord in Trump's inner circle has proven to be irresistible bait in the past, as you've shown in your relevant quotes this morning. 

I guess we have our answer.

I think the alarming part re: Bannon is the significant expansion of executive privilege, similar to the tact  they've taken with Jeff Sessions as well, the idea that any conversation that might involve Trump can't be answered because they might exert executive privilege at some point in the future.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

How did you come up this conclusion? 

Trump's Tax Cut Plan Will Fuel Stock Buybacks

...The market is telegraphing how Apple will use its savings. The company with the most to gain from the repatriation tax holiday is Apple (AAPL), which has about $240 billion in cash sitting overseas. The stock market is quite aware of that, which is why, since Trump's election, AAPL stock has been soaring.

Shares are up 33 percent since Nov. 8, outperforming the Standard & Poor's 500 index by 21 percentage points.

While some of that increase can be chalked up to a good holiday quarter, much of the rally was simply due to the anticipated tax windfall coming Apple's way, which analysts openly expect AAPL to spend on boosting its capital return program (i.e. buybacks and dividends) and perhaps making a big acquisition.

Analysts have suggested companies like Netflix (NFLX), Tesla (TSLA), Walt Disney Co. (DIS) and Twitter (TWTR) as potential takeout targets. But like buybacks and dividends, acquisitions only enrich shareholders. In and of themselves they do nothing for jobs or the economy – in fact, they often result in layoffs...

Large Corps stated even before the tax plan had passed, their plan was to buy back stock and give dividends to stock holders.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-tax/apple-plans-new-u-s-campus-to-pay-38-billion-in-foreign-cash-taxes-idUSKBN1F62FJ

According to this Apple will spend 350B in the US over the next 5 years which includes hiring 20K people, opening a new US campus and paying 38B in taxes due to the repatriation of money they previously held overseas due to archaic US tax laws.  As noted in the article "Some investors said the U.S. investments would give the company room to make more stock buybacks or pay dividends without criticism."  Frankly if they're planning to spend anywhere close to that in the US over the next 5 years I'll give them a pass on conducting business like most every other major corporation.  I find it interesting when people criticize corporations for trying to maximize profits and answer to investors.  That's kind of what 99% of for profit businesses do Apple just does it on a larger scale and their investors are all over the world vs. a local private company that may cut costs when needed to run lean, the local mom and pop shop that is just trying to maximize their own profit and the list goes on.  

Edit - I see that I Craig'd Tank as he posted a similar article from yahoo in the general board.

8 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Trump's Tax Cut Plan Will Fuel Stock Buybacks

...The market is telegraphing how Apple will use its savings. The company with the most to gain from the repatriation tax holiday is Apple (AAPL), which has about $240 billion in cash sitting overseas. The stock market is quite aware of that, which is why, since Trump's election, AAPL stock has been soaring.

Shares are up 33 percent since Nov. 8, outperforming the Standard & Poor's 500 index by 21 percentage points.

While some of that increase can be chalked up to a good holiday quarter, much of the rally was simply due to the anticipated tax windfall coming Apple's way, which analysts openly expect AAPL to spend on boosting its capital return program (i.e. buybacks and dividends) and perhaps making a big acquisition.

Analysts have suggested companies like Netflix (NFLX), Tesla (TSLA), Walt Disney Co. (DIS) and Twitter (TWTR) as potential takeout targets. But like buybacks and dividends, acquisitions only enrich shareholders. In and of themselves they do nothing for jobs or the economy – in fact, they often result in layoffs...

Large Corps stated even before the tax plan had passed, their plan was to buy back stock and give dividends to stock holders.

I find it strange that you chastise corps for rewarding their shareholders. 

59 minutes ago, LHalo said:

I find it strange that you chastise corps for rewarding their shareholders. 

i'm not chastising anyone just saying it's not going into creating more jobs and innovations which is what Trump said it would do. The tax deal was meant for the rich under the transparent disguise of being for the middle class.

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Come on, you know fat shaming isn't cool.

Funny. It seems my entire social media feed is fat shaming. It's weird since usually it's memes about how fat shaming is wrong. Unsure the catalyst of this change.