• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

The Republicans control the White House, Senate, and House...and yet it’s the Democrats who are at fault?

Yeah, the Dems are refusing to bend.

Trump is willing to give them DACA if they'll fund the wall, but they don't want to. So they'll lose DACA and embarrass themselves by shutting down the government over illegals.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

7 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Come on that doesn't even make sense. Who talks like that. Trump deniers will say anything to prop up Trump's lies. HAHAHA

I'd = I would, right?

I = I

He said "I'd  have a good relationship with Un".      He didn't say "I have a good relationship with Un".

Has CNN run it in super-slow motion?

2 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

That'll play well with the Keith Olbermann crowd. Meanwhile, the rest of us wonder if a better candidate will emerge in a year or two. Warren, Gillibrand, Booker... so far I'm not overly impressed.

It sucks, because regardless of what side you're on, you know to win you need to appeal to the emotions of the voters, but appealing to emotion is a skill that bad candidates can performe better than the good candidates. 

Just now, yvangelfan said:

I'd = I would, right?

I = I

He said "I'd  have a good relationship with Un".      He didn't say "I have a good relationship with Un".

Has CNN run it in super-slow motion?

Come on I heard the tape. No way did he say I'd. Especially after the the "Fat Rocket man" comments and the back and forth word bombs. He is such a liar and to actually believe anything he says is living in a fantasy world.

57 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yeah, the Dems are refusing to bend.

Trump is willing to give them DACA if they'll fund the wall, but they don't want to. So they'll lose DACA and embarrass themselves by shutting down the government over illegals.

When you say "give them DACA" does that include citizenship?

30 minutes ago, Adam said:

It sucks, because regardless of what side you're on, you know to win you need to appeal to the emotions of the voters, but appealing to emotion is a skill that bad candidates can performe better than the good candidates. 

That's the difference between Dems and Reps ~

Democrats run to win the emotions of their low-information  voters ~ Republicans discuss policies with their voters.

54 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I didn't say it was their fault, I said losing their shit over Trump comments rather than dealing with the real stuff is stupid.

I would agree there is too much focus on the specific words he said, though I think I’ve stated  why those words and sentiments were so alarming. I would also point out the Cotton and Perdue have absolutely embarrassed themselves. Impressive how their memory got better over time, and after so transparently shilling for Trump getting sold out. As if parsing shithole and shithouse somehow makes a difference. 

With that aside. The bigger issue regarding this debate is how totally the administration fucked things up. After the big ‘public negotiating’, asking folks like Durbin and graham to craft a bipartisan solution, and giving positive indications on the phone...only to have folks like Miller round up hardliners like Cotton and Perdue to rush over to the Whitehouse knowing that the last person Trump talks to us usually the position he takes. 

That is what led to the conversation going off the rails. The idea that there was an agreement in place, and having the rug pulled out from under them. 

I guess one could argue it’s all part of the plan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-tense-profane-white-house-meeting-on-immigration/2018/01/15/13e79fa4-fa1e-11e7-8f66-2df0b94bb98a_story.html?utm_term=.0bf918f31fb4

22 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

That's the difference between Dems and Reps ~

Democrats run to win the emotions of their low-information  voters ~ Republicans discuss policies with their voters.

You mean like the Republicans in Alabama that nearly elected a racist pedophile to the Senate. Yea OK, that same candidate that said a Muslim take be elected to office because he won't swear on a bible? You mean those intellects. The ones who would abolish all amendments after the 10th, which includes slavery.

33 minutes ago, red321 said:

I would agree there is too much focus on the specific words he said, though I think I’ve stated  why those words and sentiments were so alarming. I would also point out the Cotton and Perdue have absolutely embarrassed themselves. Impressive how their memory got better over time, and after so transparently shilling for Trump getting sold out. As if parsing shithole and shithouse somehow makes a difference. 

With that aside. The bigger issue regarding this debate is how totally the administration fucked things up. After the big ‘public negotiating’, asking folks like Durbin and graham to craft a bipartisan solution, and giving positive indications on the phone...only to have folks like Miller round up hardliners like Cotton and Perdue to rush over to the Whitehouse knowing that the last person Trump talks to us usually the position he takes. 

That is what led to the conversation going off the rails. The idea that there was an agreement in place, and having the rug pulled out from under them. 

I guess one could argue it’s all part of the plan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-tense-profane-white-house-meeting-on-immigration/2018/01/15/13e79fa4-fa1e-11e7-8f66-2df0b94bb98a_story.html?utm_term=.0bf918f31fb4

The last part I agree with and that is what the dems should be focused on.