• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What has that got to do with a Republican led Congress? That's Trump bleating out another conspiracy tweet.

BTW 12 Republican congressman voted against the tax bill. Looks like they are not in lock step like the Democrats who all voted against it.

Took a lot of courage by the Democrats to all vote no so they look like heroes to their constituents even though they will benefit financially. But next election cycle, as they pocket their refunds, the Democrats will say how they fought against those evil Republicans.

Well, except for the 12 that hung their careers on the line voting against their party.

laugh...the 12 who were allowed to vote no did so because they are trying to save their jobs in 2018. Rohrabacher and Issa voted no for no other reason than they are on the top of the list of poachable seats in 2018.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Rand Paul, one of the (albeit it's a really relative term these days) saner Republicans, is so enthusiastically distributing the Kool-Aid? That's disconcerting to say the least. Quite so.

But 12 republicans voted no! Suck it, Trump!

28 minutes ago, Glen said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/12/20/politics/trump-tax-cuts-victory-lap/index.html

Maybe you can throw out another "liberal dotard friend" to distract from being wrong.

But yeah, those 12 out of some 200 sure prove your point. And oh yeah, democrats for some reason. That proves Republicans don't support Trump!

The tax plan serves themselves, that's why it passed. It had nothing to do with Trump, just as the Democrats seized the moment to show solidarity even though most would have voted yes under a Democrat president. It's all politics, Glen.

28 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The tax plan serves themselves, that's why it passed. It had nothing to do with Trump, just as the Democrats seized the moment to show solidarity even though most would have voted yes under a Democrat president. It's all politics, Glen.

This tax heist wouldn't have come up for a vote under a Democratic president and congress.

30 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I assume you have an insightful retort?

here? are there any?

i found it funny because it's true. i don't even read this section anymore because of the confirmation bias and my team versus yours nonsense. i just had a second to read and just hopping to the back see someone mentioning glen going after blarg again. it's like groundhogs day.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

here? are there any?

i found it funny because it's true. i don't even read this section anymore because of the confirmation bias and my team versus yours nonsense. i just had a second to read and just hopping to the back see someone mentioning glen going after blarg again. it's like groundhogs day.

My apologies. I just played the odds that someone disagreed with me over appreciating my humor.

14 minutes ago, red321 said:

This tax heist wouldn't have come up for a vote under a Democratic president and congress.

This is bullshit. Whatever serves agenda would come up for a vote, if this tax bill would have served the Democrats agenda under their control they would vote for it. The two parties have changed their compass headings multiple times over the decades so I'm not buying your statement. 

14 minutes ago, red321 said:

You're right they would have just continued running deficits while trying to convince the middle class they're working for them while simultaneously screwing them.  Both sides have been doing the same thing for decades one just flat out didn't hide it with the tax plan.  As long as the majority continue to bicker and take sides in the rep/dem debate like they do here the country will continue on the same path of self destruction going broke paying for a lifestyle it can't afford.   

23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

My apologies. I just played the odds that someone disagreed with me over appreciating my humor.

not sure how "this is hilarious" can be misconstrued.

but have a great christmas with you and yours, man.

carry on gents. i dig that i can just click the back page button and see the same shit as however long ago this thread was started.

53 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You're right they would have just continued running deficits while trying to convince the middle class they're working for them while simultaneously screwing them.  Both sides have been doing the same thing for decades one just flat out didn't hide it with the tax plan.  As long as the majority continue to bicker and take sides in the rep/dem debate like they do here the country will continue on the same path of self destruction going broke paying for a lifestyle it can't afford.   

Republicans never, ever, get to talk about deficits again.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

not sure how "this is hilarious" can be misconstrued.

but have a great christmas with you and yours, man.

carry on gents. i dig that i can just click the back page button and see the same shit as however long ago this thread was started.

You're really missing out B. We're solving the world's problems in here, one issue at a time.

31 minutes ago, red321 said:

Republicans never, ever, get to talk about deficits again.

Thanks for proving my point..."but the other side!"  Thankfully the dems have done so much to tackle the debt and curb deficits like addressing defense spending, medicare and social security.  Actually they haven't and in the last decade they pushed through the ACA knowing full well there was no mechanism in place to pay for it long term.  Both sides are the party of "giving" something at the expense of future generations whether it's the top 10% or the bottom 90% who benefit.  I look forward to the day when they have no choice but to make drastic cuts and people on both sides still blame the other.   

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

here? are there any?

I'm not in here as often as I used to be and I only occasionally take jabs at Blarg, but it seems like most of the time I do it you're swinging off my nuts with a post like this.

I'm sure it's just coincidence, as you said.

Edited by Glen

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Hey @Blarg, remember a year ago when you were saying Republicans wouldn't work with Trump? Good call!

Screenshot_2017-12-21-20-09-44.png

i think the fact that trump won ought to make pursuing this an even grander waste of time that it would normally be.

but then again, if logic was present in washington, a lot of those folks would be unemployed.

37 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Despite this final, fleeting success, I genuinely feel bad for you old white dudes.  

You'll be dead soon and brown homosexuals will be running what you built.  

You're throwing your hat in the ring? 

42 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Despite this final, fleeting success, I genuinely feel bad for you old white dudes.  

You'll be dead soon and brown homosexuals will be running what you built.  

That eventuality is what large global armed conflicts with their  disproportionate costs in human lives are for.