• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

A new development in the continuing Flynn saga:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/whistleblower-flynn-told-ex-partner-russia-sanctions-would-be-ripped-n827031

Donald Trump was just 11 minutes into his presidency when his choice for national security adviser, Michael Flynn, texted a former business partner to say an ambitious U.S. collaboration with Russia to build nuclear reactors in the Middle East was "good to go," according to a new whistleblower account.

As Trump delivered his inaugural address, says the unnamed whistleblower, Flynn directed Alex Copson, managing director of ACU Strategic Partners, to inform their business partners "to put things in place."

The whistleblower also says that Flynn assured Copson that U.S. sanctions on Russia that could block the nuclear project would be "ripped up" once Trump was inside the White House.

35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

There is some truth to this. Many Christians are swept up in a theology that says the modern-day nation of Israel is the equivalent/continuation of the chosen nation of Israel that God set apart in the Old Testament. And so they see modern-day Israel as a holy, sanctified nation that must be defended and supported at all costs. The way I read Scripture, I see Jesus as the fulfillment of the original nation of Israel, who made God's chosen status available to the whole world, not just a single ethnic or national group.

Regardless, God doesn't need help.

57 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Israelis must laugh at how blindly supportive American Christians are of them.  I mean, it's totally great for them, but they're playing American Christians like the hot chick plays the nerdy guy who is in love with her.

When you explain it that way, I totally understand.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I love the fact that it has been American law for over 20 years that we recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital but the current POTUS is allowed to hit the snooze button on the issue every six months if they feel it might threaten national security.  The United States of America ladies and gentlemen.

But yeah, this gives many regimes an easy reason to be outraged.

Because following this 20 year old law will cause more violence and deaths in that region, but who gives a shit, we are the United States of America ladies and gentlemen, it's all about us (even though this does really nothing for the US)

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I love the fact that it has been American law for over 20 years that we recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital but the current POTUS is allowed to hit the snooze button on the issue every six months if they feel it might threaten national security.  The United States of America ladies and gentlemen.

But yeah, this gives many regimes an easy reason to be outraged.

do you understand why many consider this an outrageous thing? i don't, and no one is explaining why, but many in the middle east are downright incensed at the notion.

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

do you understand why many consider this an outrageous thing? i don't, and no one is explaining why, but many in the middle east are downright incensed at the notion.

Remember that only two predominantly Arab countries even acknowledge Israels legal right to exist. The remainder consider Israel as illegal occupiers of the region. Jerusalem has been fought over for millennia and we, the biggest military force on the planet, just declared that Israel gets to keep it. Thus certainly the city won't be given to a future Palestine state, who also consider Jerusalem their capital. This is why we as a species cannot have nice things.

Because the Arab (Muslim) world also holds Jerusalem as their own.  The city is in dispute and has been for thousands of years.  The Dome of the Rock is second only to Mecca in importance to the Muslim world.

Tel Aviv is actually where the seat of Israeli government is and this is only a symbolic move that does nothing except to anger millions of people for no reason.  

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Remember that only two predominantly Arab countries even acknowledge Israels legal right to exist. The remainder consider Israel as illegal occupiers of the region. Jerusalem has been fought over for millennia and we, the biggest military force on the planet, just declared that Israel gets to keep it. Thus certainly the city won't be given to a future Palestine state, who also consider Jerusalem their capital. This is why we as a species cannot have nice things.

don't know how i forgot this. thanks for the explanation/reminder.

Also, it would be nice if people stopped spreading the false notion of historical enmity between Arabs and Jews.  Jersusalem has not been fought over for a “millennia” it’s been subject to a dispute for the last century.  The result of colonial policies merging with Zionist ideology.  

Israel occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank during the 6 day war in 1968.  The occupation is illegal under international law.  Zionist  hardliners and their backers (mostly evangelicals in the West)  have pushed the policy of settlement growth in order to make Palestinian resettlement impossible.  

The Palestinians have been victimized and paid the price for current events largely out of their control for the last 100 years.  Tragically they have responded very poorly often and here we are.  Human beings are human beings.  Their situation has been desperate and impossible.  I’m not sure any other group would have dealt better. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, it would be nice if people stopped spreading the false notion of historical enmity between Arabs and Jews.  Jersusalem has not been fought over for a “millennia” it’s been subject to a dispute for the last century.  The result of colonial policies merging with Zionist ideology.  

Israel occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank during the 6 day war in 1968.  The occupation is illegal under international law.  Zionist  hardliners and their backers (mostly evangelicals in the West)  have pushed the policy of settlement growth in order to make Palestinian resettlement impossible.  

The Palestinians have been victimized and paid the price for current events largely out of their control for the last 100 years.  Tragically they have responded very poorly often and here we are.  Human beings are human beings.  Their situation has been desperate and impossible.  I’m not sure any other group would have dealt better. 

Middle Eastern broads are hot

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, it would be nice if people stopped spreading the false notion of historical enmity between Arabs and Jews.  Jersusalem has not been fought over for a “millennia” it’s been subject to a dispute for the last century. 

Are you implying that the city of Jerusalem has not been fought over during this time, even if Jews and Arabs weren't necessarily the combatants? I assume you have citations for such a statement.

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think there are plenty of Palestinians who don't give an F about who the land belongs to. They just want to live in peace. 

49 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Are you implying that the city of Jerusalem has not been fought over during this time, even if Jews and Arabs weren't necessarily the combatants? I assume you have citations for such a statement.

No Thomas, I don’t have a time line prepared for you that flags every single conflict around Jerusalem.   Since the crusades and up until Zionist movement.  Conflict in the area has been between short term and limited.  Between feuding Arab factions, between the ottomans (occupiers) and local overseers, and I guess the French for a short time during the napleonic Wars.  Though, I don’t believe that they actually attacked Jerusalem.  They were in the area. 

Anyway, that’s neither here nor there.

It is often heavily implied that that there is some ancient never ending blood feud between Arabs and Jews that is hopeless and unresolvable.  That is a fiction that has no basis in reality.  When you say things around the topic like “fighting over Jerusalem for a millennia” whether you mean it or not you are reinforcing the false narrative.  And it’s a narrative that is extremely damaging.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I think there are plenty of Palestinians who don't give an F about who the land belongs to. They just want to live in peace. 

Absolutely true.  If give the opportunity many would happily accept Israeli citizenship.  If they were actually allowed to be equals.  That has been demonstrated in many opinion polls over the years.Israel does not want this due to their requirement of having Israel have a Jewish character.  Like I said, tragically the situation is often impossible for them. 

Edited by UndertheHalo