• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

I remember when the left was team Sessions. That was a glorious 24 hours of the board/internet.

22 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think he mistook unpopular opinion with fucking idoit

And he's not the only one...there is a whole cast of folks who think this will end up with Hillary, Obama, Pedosta and a whole bunch of people in jail for various pizza related offenses amongst other things

What if we replaced pizza related offenses with um (oh Christ really? Is life really that vindictively poetic?) Ttrumped up charges to consolidate power and silence critics? Ignoring the Team Trump delusions of the tweet, it's hard to watch 18-24 months of rather fascist-leaning behavior without coming to the conclusion that's quite possibly where everything is heading to. I know we've become more or less numb to the status quo. But the absurd has become the normal and little more than shrugs have been the result.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/donald-trump-jr-asked-russian-lawyer-info-clinton-foundation-n826711

Donald Trump Jr. asked a Russian lawyer at the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting whether she had evidence of illegal donations to the Clinton Foundation, the lawyer told the Senate Judiciary Committee in answers to written questions obtained exclusively by NBC News.

The lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, told the committee that she didn't have any such evidence, and that she believes Trump misunderstood the nature of the meeting after receiving emails from a music promoter promising incriminating information on Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump's Democratic opponent.

Once it became apparent that she did not have meaningful information about Clinton, Trump seemed to lose interest, Veselnitskaya said, and the meeting petered out.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

It's still a crime to seek out or willingly accept dirt on your political opponent from a foreign hostile government, even if your overtures failed to get any actual dirt.   He She was guilty the moment he  she  agreed to the meeting.

Fixed.

Hillary is female. 

Edited by Lou

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

He is trying to say that Don Jr trying to obtain hacked material from a foreign government is somehow the same as Clinton hiring an American company to find dirt on Trump.  Of course, only one of these is a felony.  

Under what law?

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

He is trying to say that Don Jr trying to obtain hacked material from a foreign government is somehow the same as Clinton hiring an American company to find dirt on Trump.  Of course, only one of these is a felony.  

Oh, I know what the troll is saying

8 hours ago, Rico said:

It's still a crime to seek out or willingly accept dirt on your political opponent from a foreign hostile government, even if your overtures failed to get any actual dirt.  He was guilty the moment he agreed to the meeting.

Is the law really defined as hostile?  What would define hostile? Would a country we utilize as a space taxi be considered hostile? 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Under what law?

Hacked e-mails are stolen property.  Attempting to obtain stolen property is illegal in every state.  Furthermore there are federal laws specifically for cyber crime that this falls under.  See the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.  

42 minutes ago, Glen said:

So Trump is voicing his support for Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I'm not too savvy on the potential effects of this. Anyone care to fill me in?

i'm with you on this. i don't understand the importance or need for him to do this, nor do i understand the outrage that some are already expressing about it in foreign countries. one group has already called publicly for three days of violence in response to him doing this.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm with you on this. i don't understand the importance or need for him to do this, nor do i understand the outrage that some are already expressing about it in foreign countries. one group has already called publicly for three days of violence in response to him doing this.

As a Jew I don't really care where Israel's capital is. Also, why are we deciding where another country's capital is? Can we move North Korea's capital to, say, Boston?

5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Israelis must laugh at how blindly supportive American Christians are of them.  I mean, it's totally great for them, but they're playing American Christians like the hot chick plays the nerdy guy who is in love with her.

If you were a resident of an middle eastern country would seeing a national policy be dictated by an Abrahamic religion even register as unusual?

1 hour ago, Glen said:

So Trump is voicing his support for Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I'm not too savvy on the potential effects of this. Anyone care to fill me in?

I love the fact that it has been American law for over 20 years that we recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital but the current POTUS is allowed to hit the snooze button on the issue every six months if they feel it might threaten national security.  The United States of America ladies and gentlemen.

But yeah, this gives many regimes an easy reason to be outraged.

9 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Israelis must laugh at how blindly supportive American Christians are of them.  I mean, it's totally great for them, but they're playing American Christians like the hot chick plays the nerdy guy who is in love with her.

There is some truth to this. Many Christians are swept up in a theology that says the modern-day nation of Israel is the equivalent/continuation of the chosen nation of Israel that God set apart in the Old Testament. And so they see modern-day Israel as a holy, sanctified nation that must be defended and supported at all costs. The way I read Scripture, I see Jesus as the fulfillment of the original nation of Israel, who made God's chosen status available to the whole world, not just a single ethnic or national group.