• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

40 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Conflicts will always exist but without a strong majority I believe it would be much more difficult for one to dominate the others.

Do you imply that right now and for the remainder of Trump's reign administration such a condition doesn't still exist?

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

54 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Under what metric? Sorry man, im not going to waste time digging up a bunch of statistics and graphs to support my argument against a random guy on the internet.

Common sense would imply it. I can't think of a time when million blacks, latinos, muslims etc. were being slaughtered recently in the US due to racial prejudice.

Well that's vague and subjective. Would you imply that the racial prejudice would have to occur within the boundaries of the country for it to count? Our foreign policy is curious.  What is your explanation for the disproportionate prison population?  Do you believe our current administration took advantage of tensions between ethnic groups to win the election? If there was another significant terrorist attack on this country in the name of extremist Islam, what percentage of the country would support interment camps for Muslims in this country?

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Would you imply that the racial prejudice would have to occur within the boundaries of the country for it to count? Our foreign policy is curious. 

Well, that's a little bit different. Foreign policy isn't exactly something the entire country's population has an active say in. The foreign policy is screwed up for a lot of reasons, but I don't think we're in the middle east because we just want to kill brown people. It's among the most complicated of issues. 

What is your explanation for the disproportionate prison population? 

Black people commit crimes at a higher rate than white people due to several reasons. Sons being raised without fathers among them. It's very unfortunate.

Do you believe our current administration took advantage of tensions between ethnic groups to win the election?

I don't know, it's possible? I can't pretend to know his motivations without being involved in the process of determining strategy. I think what happened is some white supremacists infected the conversation due to some of Trump's talking points (like curbing illegal immigration) affect them in a positive, yet unintended way.

If there was another significant terrorist attack on this country in the name of extremist Islam, what percentage of the country would support interment camps for Muslims in this country?

Wow, that's a wild hypothetical. It's really hard to say, but ultimately I don't think too many people's mind would change.

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So it's just one of the reasons?

Lol.

No, I don't think so. If the people at the very top are really spending trillions because they just hate brown people that much that we need to go kill them, well then they're absolute buffoons and it should be a mystery as to how they even got to such a powerful position.

It's mostly a lust for more power i'm sure, perhaps monetary reasons as well.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Greed is almost always the primary motivator. The question is the means of completing the objective.

I agree.

To be honest, i'm not sure what the US specifically gets out of killing people in these other countries. Donations from foreign leaders? Who knows.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Why would I imply that?  That is an interesting assumption.

The question is what in regards to the current demographics would prevent Trump from attempting the same things Hitler did? If anything your own words make the argument that it is more likely to happen.

22 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

and I already answered that question.  I am sorry you don't like my answer.

Regardless, not only do I believe demographics would stop it, I also believe Trump himself has no interest in it.  How would it enrich him?

No, you answered that it will eventually get harder. You have never answered the question regarding in the context of present day.

It depends on what kind of legacy he wants. If he's the man that takes down the American republic his name will be repeated ad naseum for centuries. What would the tyrant gain with the authoritative government unleashing a policy of fear and terror? Everything. Now I wouldn't exactly put money on this scenario yet. But his actions are well beyond the threshold of alarm. While the left deserves to be mocked for their political ADHD for everything Trump, they aren't wrong when in a Ritalin fueled focus they manage to point out the laundry list of rather fascist traits of the administration's actions.

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

No, you answered that it will eventually get harder. You have never answered the question regarding in the context of present day.

It depends on what kind of legacy he wants. If he's the man that takes down the American republic his name will be repeated ad naseum for centuries. What would the tyrant gain with the authoritative government unleashing a policy of fear and terror? Everything. Now I wouldn't exactly put money on this scenario yet. But his actions are well beyond the threshold of alarm. While the left deserves to be mocked for their political ADHD for everything Trump, they aren't wrong when in a Ritalin fueled focus they manage to point out the laundry list of rather fascist traits of the administration's actions.

No, I don't think in the present day either.  Look at the backlash over Charlottesville.  

I just think referencing one of the worst mass murderers in world history is over the top.  

Does Trump use nationalistic language, yes.  Does he believe any of it?  I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Don't you think implementing an authoritative, fascist regime is literally impossible with the way our government is structured? The checks and balances we have exist to deter that.

Are you suggesting our republic is invulnerable? It's proven to be pretty damn dependable but that seems unrealistic.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Are you suggesting our republic is invulnerable? It's proven to be pretty damn dependable but that seems unrealistic.

I don't think anything is invulnerable, really. Maybe the term literally impossible is overboard, but we have a lot of redundancy. It would take absolute chaos to turn our republic into fascism.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

No, I don't think in the present day either.  Look at the backlash over Charlottesville. 

You don't think a bunch of white people weren't scared by what they saw in Charlottesville? Think how many collective panties are in a bunch about kneeling at sporting events. The political fulcrum is swinging wildly back and forth. An ill omen for our time.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I just think referencing one of the worst mass murderers in world history is over the top. 

We're barely a year in. It's comparing a hot rookie's first year to a hall of famer career. (God I hate that analogy but it's apt) But man does Trump have the underlying numbers. There are so many analogues between the rise of the Third Reich and Trump's first year. Yes the degree of difficultly is way harder for Trump to actually do this in the current context than it was Hitler in his.  But you hate government overreach as much as anyone on this board. I know this has to be alarming part of at least part of you. Even if it goes no further it's horrific how relatively close to the edge we've already gotten. Way closer than I ever thought I'd see in my lifetime.

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Does Trump use nationalistic language, yes.  Does he believe any of it?  I doubt it.

It's a dangerous assumption. Odds say he's just in it for the big payday. But it's still a possibility I'd rather not have to worry about. One even this country doesn't deserve. But in the spirit of @Glen, who apparently is in line for the new Star Wars already...
Risk%20Assessment%20Matrix.bmp
Even if the chances of Trump going full Putin is small, the severity of the consequences are beyond severe. That in itself represents a moderate to serious concern. Not something to shrug off because it's never happened in this country. We've had a lot of firsts this past year or so.

13 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You don't think a bunch of white people weren't scared by what they saw in Charlottesville? Think how many collective panties are in a bunch about kneeling at sporting events. The political fulcrum is swinging wildly back and forth. An ill omen for our time.

We're barely a year in. It's comparing a hot rookie's first year to a hall of famer career. (God I hate that analogy but it's apt) But man does Trump have the underlying numbers. There are so many analogues between the rise of the Third Reich and Trump's first year. Yes the degree of difficultly is way harder for Trump to actually do this in the current context than it was Hitler in his.  But you hate government overreach as much as anyone on this board. I know this has to be alarming part of at least part of you. Even if it goes no further it's horrific how relatively close to the edge we've already gotten. Way closer than I ever thought I'd see in my lifetime.

It's a dangerous assumption. Odds say he's just in it for the big payday. But it's still a possibility I'd rather not have to worry about. One even this country doesn't deserve. But in the spirit of @Glen, who apparently is in line for the new Star Wars already...
Risk%20Assessment%20Matrix.bmp
Even if the chances of Trump going full Putin is small, the severity of the consequences are beyond severe. That in itself represents a moderate to serious concern. Not something to shrug off because it's never happened in this country. We've had a lot of firsts this past year or so.

Not shrugging off the possible danger he can put us in.  Also still not going to agree with the Hitler comparisons.  Personally I am much more concerned about things he is actually doing or threatening to do and some of the people he has chosen.

Edited by mtangelsfan

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

What the heck has Trump done that's outside the norm that makes people draw comparisons to Hitler?

TDS ~ Trump Derangement Syndrome 

The left is obsessed with Trump's persona, and they're too ignorant to understand his policies. So they reach for Hitler comparisons because that's all they know.

That chart someone came up with is epically funny.

3 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

TDS ~ Trump Derangement Syndrome 

The left is obsessed with Trump's persona, and they're too ignorant to understand his policies. So they reach for Hitler comparisons because that's all they know.

That chart someone came up with is epically funny.

image.png