• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Human's being the main factor is the left's talking point here. It's like getting diarrhea from a taco bell chalupa and claiming the sauce as being the main contributor to it. 

If by left you mean almost all the scientific data, research, published scientific papers, etc. than yeah...good point. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

35 minutes ago, red321 said:

If by left you mean almost all the scientific data, research, published scientific papers, etc. than yeah...good point. 

The point is that regulating the shit out of everything we humans do may not do anything to slow it down or prevent it as there probably things out of our control. Hell there's already been 5 mass extinctions without our help. 

Very few people take that garbage seriously.  Nice job conflating the the two things tho MAGA. 

There are 2 genders.  I have no problem saying that, and in this place.  I’m pretty liberal. 

There Is a wide swath on the conservative side of the spectrum in this country that rejects the human influence on climate change and that’s a terrible thing.  Apparently some on this board are among those ranks.  Pretty sad. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Very few people take that garbage seriously.  Nice job conflating the the two things tho MAGA. 

There are 2 genders.  I have no problem saying that, and in this place.  I’m pretty liberal. 

There Is a wide swath on the conservative side of the spectrum in this country that rejects the human influence on climate change and that’s a terrible thing.  Apparently some on this board are among those ranks.  Pretty sad. 

I don't think anyone rejects that but to assume it's the only cause seems a bit simplistic 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

The point is that regulating the shit out of everything we humans do may not do anything to slow it down or prevent it as there probably things out of our control. Hell there's already been 5 mass extinctions without our help. 

Your point is dinosaurs couldn’t save themselves from a massive meteor so humans shouldn’t attempt to modify behaviors resulting in climate change?

maybe we aren’t the smartest species on the planet

5 hours ago, Jason said:

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/programs/biodiversity/elements_of_biodiversity/extinction_crisis/

And we're in the middle of the sixth. With our help, it's the worst since the dinosaurs went extinct.

12 hours ago, red321 said:

Your point is dinosaurs couldn’t save themselves from a massive meteor so humans shouldn’t attempt to modify behaviors resulting in climate change?

maybe we aren’t the smartest species on the planet

We haven't been doing that?

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

No, not really.

Are you saying that technology has not advanced and the energy we are currently using isn't cleaner than it was 20 years ago? People will buy alternative energy when it makes sense for their wallet. Most people who purchase alternate energy don't do so because they are worried about their carbon footprint. In all seriousness what is that you want to see happen? Restrict the miles a person can drive their car a year? Limit the amount or airline travel? What will be good enough?

41 minutes ago, red321 said:

And a large reason the technology advanced and it became financial realistic was mandates and government subsidies. 

your second statement is ridiculous and a straw man. We can’t do A and B because of Z. 

So I'm assuming that you want more of that? 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

So I'm assuming that you want more of that? 

At a minimum I would say rolling back what has been done is short sighted and stupid. And yes, I think we should be converting our economy to non carbon based and green technologies for both environmental and financial reasons  

You were the one who stated we shouldn’t be doing that and regulating shit doesn’t help. 

Edited by red321

It amuses me how people conflate personal freedom with industrial freedoms.  People cry about the “debt” (laugh) being passed down to our children.  How about destroying the planet in lieu of some regulatory suffering for dead/dying industries.  How’s that gonna work out for the kids ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, red321 said:

At a minimum I would say rolling back what has been done is short sighted and stupid. And yes, I think we should be converting our economy to non carbon based and green technologies for both environmental and financial reasons  

You were the one who stated we shouldn’t be doing that and regulating shit doesn’t help. 

That's not what I said but our government loves to over regulate EVERYTHING. I agree that there does need to be standards that must be met. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Are you saying that technology has not advanced and the energy we are currently using isn't cleaner than it was 20 years ago? People will buy alternative energy when it makes sense for their wallet. Most people who purchase alternate energy don't do so because they are worried about their carbon footprint. In all seriousness what is that you want to see happen? Restrict the miles a person can drive their car a year? Limit the amount or airline travel? What will be good enough?

I’m saying that we should as policy drive along the death of dirty industries.  We have other solutions, those should be favored in the extreme.