• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

12 minutes ago, nate said:

Funny for you to say this since you and most of the people here are quick to condemn ISIS and demand war against them.

Nazis are worse than ISIS by many orders of magnitude, it isn't even close.

Beyond that, you and the rest of the people in our current administration would quickly arrest and send ISIS wannabes to Guantanamo but do nothing about Nazis marching.

The modern, Richard Spencer following, assholes are not the same as the German Nazis. Surely you can see that Islamic extremeists are a larger threat?

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

The modern, Richard Spencer following, assholes are not the same as the German Nazis. Surely you can see that Islamic extremeists are a larger threat?

Nope.  Just because they haven't tried to genocide anyone doesn't make them not a threat.  ISIS is weak, but because our DOD and all the Christian crusaders of the world need an enemy we have turned them into one.

Again, shows how white Christians see Nazis.  They were and are the greatest threat this world has ever seen.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Funny for you to say this since you and most of the people here are quick to condemn ISIS and demand war against them.

I'm what?!?!? Serious citation needed. Good luck on that pointless endeavor. I'm the exact opposite. You're simply wrong. I grew up reading reading about Americans eager to kill my ancestors because of their ethnicity. I'm sure as hell  never going to advocate the killing of other ethnicities simply to give me the laughably false sense of security at night some hope for. Let alone support the counter intuitive notion that we can eradicate an opposing ideology by bombing it. This country has tried that. A lot. It never works.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Nazis are worse than ISIS by many orders of magnitude, it isn't even close.

Beyond that, you and the rest of the people in our current administration would quickly arrest and send ISIS wannabes to Guantanamo but do nothing about Nazis marching.

I diametrically oppose any violent coercive political philosophy and organization that subscribes to them. Be it a descendant of the Nazis or whichever group this week has clothed themselves in the guise of Islamic radicalism. However I'm not going to double down on their violent coercion by advocating a similar response in kind. Or to trivialize the value of any human life, even if their political views oppose my own personal values. I'd rather hold myself to a much higher standard. Certainly never suggest we send members of any of these groups to the immoral prison in Guantanamo. Our justice system may be sadly inadequate but we will be truly lost if we eschew it for a more convenient answer. Be it the perversion of the law the current administration prescribes. Or the answer of vigilantism given by some on the left.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Nope.  Just because they haven't tried to genocide anyone doesn't make them not a threat.  ISIS is weak, but because our DOD and all the Christian crusaders of the world need an enemy we have turned them into one.

Again, shows how white Christians see Nazis.  They were and are the greatest threat this world has ever seen.

You do know Spencer is an atheist, right?

The Doyers lost the World Series yesterday and the Angels locked up Justin Upton today so im pretty happy and can’t really be bothered to get angry at political stuff right now.  That said, and I don’t know how many times this has been said  but I’ll say it again.  The president needs to forcefully reject and renounce white nationalists and nazis over and over again until they stop pointing to him as their victory symbol.  Maybe that’s unfair and it’s a shitty misunderstanding.  But as long as he doesn’t whole heartedly denounce them it really does look like at best tacit approval on his part. 

Fiscal conservatives that really think the best way to run the country is with absolute minimum taxation and full blown lessaiz faire capitalism, I would think would not want fucking nazis ruining their anti tax party.  

He doesn’t denounce them for a few reasons

1) he knows it’s his base

2) he subscribes to white grievance politics.

3) He is the Breitbart comment section. He is the Fox News watcher. He is your crazy uncle posting conspiracy theories about chem trails on Facebook. He is the infowars target demographic. He is the fwd: fwd: thread come to life. 

31 minutes ago, red321 said:

3) He is the Breitbart comment section. He is the Fox News watcher. He is your crazy uncle posting conspiracy theories about chem trails on Facebook. He is the infowars target demographic. He is the fwd: fwd: thread come to life. 

Apparently his bait catches more than just those on the far right.

In case you didn't notice there was peace and quiet for 11 minutes today. 

_98595053_twitter.jpg

US President Donald Trump's Twitter account briefly vanished on Thursday, but has since been restored, the social media company has said.

It said that the @realdonaldtrump account was "deactivated" by an employee, later clarifying that it was their last day in the job.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41854482

Edited by Blarg

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

If you are willing to vote for trump, knowing his autocratic white nationalist bent...you are no different than the garden torch wielding idiot even if you aren’t willing to own up to it and blame dirty liberals. 

I suppose this persuasion technique is more effective than kicking someone in the balls and slapping their kids but only just.

31 minutes ago, red321 said:

If you are willing to vote for trump, knowing his autocratic white nationalist bent...you are no different than the garden torch wielding idiot even if you aren’t willing to own up to it and blame dirty liberals. 

Donald Trump will send you a thank you card after his 2020 victory 

Just now, red321 said:

Do you think someone who is a trump supporter is persuadable? I thought that ship would have sailed. 

Are you implying the tens of millions that voted or supported Trump are in any way a homogeneous group? 

1 hour ago, red321 said:

He doesn’t denounce them for a few reasons

1) he knows it’s his base

2) he subscribes to white grievance politics.

i know this.  im just pointing out what he ought to do if he's not supportive.