• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

10 hours ago, LHalo said:

One of three things happened with Trump:

• He has never been the outsider he says he is. 
  • He was swayed by the establishment after he was elected President.
  • Both. 

I'm going with the third option.

Some peeps still believe in his ability to enact change.

13 hours ago, wopphil said:

I am curious what Trump supporters like about him. What good, exactly, does he bring to the office?

Most honest answer I've seen.

"He pisses off liberals good."

Which makes sense since politics in this country has become a blood feud. If government can't actually fix anything, which is a common viewpoint, might as well have it be good for something. In this case, schadenfreude.

17 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, let's just focus on getting a charitable check from the POTUS late, rather than the family actually receiving the 25 grand that was promised. 

It's not just that it was late. It's that he wouldn't have done it if he hadn't got called on it.

Do you really believe that coincidentally, after months of nothing, that Trump's legal department happened to approve the check on the same day it became a story, and the two are in no way related?

And, a peremptory shout out to Chili.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

It's not just that it was late. It's that he wouldn't have done it if he hadn't got called on it.

Do you really believe that coincidentally, after months of nothing, that Trump's legal department happened to approve the check on the same day it became a story, and the two are in no way related?

And, a peremptory shout out to Chili.

I don't really care when he did it.  It's nice that he promised them that money.

My real issue is why that family gets that extra money when no other family did.

It does seem sort of like a kind of blood money.  Anyway the gesture is nice.  I’m not going to begrudge anyone anything when they’ve suffered like that.  I’m glad they ended up getting it. 

I’m not sure about this, is there any kind of funds for military personnel’s families if they are killed while in the service ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not sure about this, is there any kind of funds for military personnel’s families if they are killed while in the service ?

Well yes.  Very first week of bootcamp they make you sign some paperwork for next of kin.  If the service member dies the next of kin gets a 100k check.  It's called Death Gratuity.  

The problem here is Trump called the dad of the dead service member and he complained about the money going to his ex-wife.  So Trump promised the guy an online fundraiser of 25k.  Trump never did that online fundraiser.  Instead when the news broke months later he just wrote the guy a personal check.  

It's good that Trump promised the guy money when he didn't have to, but shitty that he made this promise and completely forgot about it/did nothing for months.

Trump speaking on opioids today was probably the most genuine I’ve ever seen him.  By a lot.    He’s doing a good thing bringing attention to this issue.  Credit where credit is due.  

There ya go Chuck .

This is clearly a facade for the message board. We see through you.

Trump speaking on opioids today was probably the most genuine I’ve ever seen him.  By a lot.    He’s doing a good thing bringing attention to this issue.  Credit where credit is due.  

There ya go Chuck .

To be fair even Cobra Commander was against drugs.
image.png

There ya go Chuck .

Somewhere Rush Limbaugh is squirming in his seat.