• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

If you're an eater and a carnivore and there are only two restaurants to choose from - a vegan joint and a steak place. Even though the steak sucks and the guy that owns it, his hostess and all the servers are fucking assholes, you'll make sure you bring a bottle of A1. 

I'd just go to Gary Johnson's restaurant. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

That’s not the point with Flake.  It’s indicative of where the party is going that a guy like Flake is being squeezed out.  

And, if the trends are to be believed.  Arizona is turning blue.  I believe a democrat is projected to take his seat.

Pretty close at the moment. I'd still give the edge to the Republicans in the state since while motivated, we have little evidence (until it obviously happens) that the left will get the vote out in a mid-term.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-does-jeff-flakes-retirement-change-the-arizona-senate-race/

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The investigation wasn’t completed for another 4 years after the deal was approved.  How exactly would Clinton or anyone in the administration even known something was foul when the decision was made.

also, an FBI assistant director and the republican chair of the intelligence committee didn’t even know an investigation was going on.   This isn’t a debate about whether it was a good idea.  It probably was not.  The question here is whether there was criminal conduct and it seems that to assume there was is reaching at straws. 

I'm not sure you are including all the facts into your knowledge of what happened.  The Clinton's were receiving money prior to the Uranium One deal, into their Foundation,  and then while it was completed.  All under Obama's nose.  Read here the by left leaning NY Times.  The new investigation is picking up where Mueller and his FBI comrades failed to go. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

So there are now three actively anti-Trump Republicans in the senate.  Flake, Corker, and McCain.  

All of whom are establishment members who need to go.  Down the with establishment on both sides. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Family says Trump sent $25K promised after soldier's death

by: The Associated Press Updated: Oct 24, 2017 - 12:13 PM

http://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-now/family-says-trump-sent-25k-promised-after-soldiers-death/629351968

Did you actually read the article? "Trump has sent a $25,000 check months after promising the gift during a June condolence call" "Last Wednesday, The Washington Post quoted Christopher Baldridge as saying the check hadn’t come since the president called about his son. The check bore the date that the story was published"

Just now, tennischmp said:

lol did you actually read the article? "Trump has sent a $25,000 check months after promising the gift during a June condolence call" "Last Wednesday, The Washington Post quoted Christopher Baldridge as saying the check hadn’t come since the president called about his son. The check bore the date that the story was published"

Jesse Baldridge said the check arrived in a FedEx package with a return address from The Trump Organization. The parcel also contained a letter on White House letterhead and Trump’s signature. The letter read: “Dear Christopher. I am glad my legal counsel has been able to finally approve this contribution to you. Enclosed is a check for $25,000 — I hope this will make things a bit easier, but nothing will ever replace your son, Dillon. He was an American hero.”

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jesse Baldridge said the check arrived in a FedEx package with a return address from The Trump Organization. The parcel also contained a letter on White House letterhead and Trump’s signature. The letter read: “Dear Christopher. I am glad my legal counsel has been able to finally approve this contribution to you. Enclosed is a check for $25,000 — I hope this will make things a bit easier, but nothing will ever replace your son, Dillon. He was an American hero.”

Because I am actually going to believe that it was just a coincidence that the legal counsel decided to finally approve the contribution on the same day a story was published about it. 

1 minute ago, tennischmp said:

Because I am actually going to believe that it was just a coincidence that the legal counsel decided to finally approve the contribution on the same day a story was published about it. 

Yeah, let's just focus on getting a charitable check from the POTUS late, rather than the family actually receiving the 25 grand that was promised. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

So spite voting.  Even though he’s truly despicable. 

Someone tell me again how it’s the left that is responsible for the conservatives vote. 

What strategy would work ? Stop being liberal ? The alt right is leaving no space for compromise. 

I think Bob Corker and Jeff Flake actions recently (Flake is resigning) should send up a massive red flag to principled conservatives. 

The left is responsible for their own dirty work. 

Strategy: Don't fix primaries. It illigitimizes your candidate.

Start there and you can probably figure out the rest.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, let's just focus on getting a charitable check from the POTUS late, rather than the family actually receiving the 25 grand that was promised. 

Yea because unlike you I think the legal counsel is just an excuse and he just sent it because he got called out in the news on it.

2 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Yea because unlike you I think the legal counsel is just an excuse and he just sent it because he got called out in the news on it.

You're just always going to hate because you hate Trump. Just like most of my right-winged friends hated on Obama for the same reasons.

All I'm asking is to be fair and see the positives and give credit where it's due. 

15 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

He gets called out in the news everyday for promises he's made and hasn't kept.  Nice that he followed through on this one.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

You're just always going to hate because you hate Trump. Just like most of my right-winged friends hated on Obama for the same reasons.

All I'm asking is to be fair and see the positives and give credit where it's due. 

I will give credit where credit is due but not in this case. 25k to trump is like 25 dollars to most of us, so I won't give credit to him for sending a promised check only after he got called out in the media. I look at intention here and imo it was not to send the check because he cared and wanted to help out the family, it's to save face. 

This is like if you made a promise to a member here to send them something but never did(even though that member sent you message on that subject) until that said member made a thread about it.

The 25k thing would be a good story if he actually followed through with it at the time.  But he made this promise to a Gold Star dad and then did nothing for months until he was called out on it by the media.  Keep in mind this all came out because the AP contacted Gold Star families and several said they had not received a call nor letter from the white house.