• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

11 hours ago, Glen said:

I may have exaggerated a bit, but everyone I know who voted for Trump (outside of somebody on this board who will remain nameless) (yay, anecdotal evidence) did so because of a) suck it libturds or 2) suck it Hillary or iii) all of the above.

You don’t know a single person who voted for him because they thought it was the best chance of lowering their taxes?  Or that thought he would try to secure our borders?  I’m not saying he will accomplish those, but that seems to be the reason I’m told when I ask.  

As ive mentioned I didn’t vote for him, but if I did, it would be in hopes of a tax break, but you and I have discussed this before.  I will say I’m happy with the current direction of my 401k, it’s been amazing since the low of  brexit, 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

7 hours ago, Rico said:

The only real obstruction has been to the Trumpcare bill the Republicans wanted to pass.  Meanwhile the bipartisan Alexander-Murray bill looks like it has legs.  

Don't forget the calls for impeachment after the first week. I'm sure the tax reform bill will get very little support from the dems #Resist

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't forget the calls for impeachment after the first week. I'm sure the tax reform bill will get very little support from the dems #Resist

Why should a trickle-down tax-reform bill get bipartisan support? That's like suggesting an "abortions for everyone!" bill should get the Republicans on board.

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You don’t know a single person who voted for him because they thought it was the best chance of lowering their taxes?  Or that thought he would try to secure our borders?  I’m not saying he will accomplish those, but that seems to be the reason I’m told when I ask.  

As ive mentioned I didn’t vote for him, but if I did, it would be in hopes of a tax break, but you and I have discussed this before.  I will say I’m happy with the current direction of my 401k, it’s been amazing since the low of  brexit, 

From what I've read, it looks like you'll be getting hit with a tax increase. Seriously, I hope the 401k boost offsets that.

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Why should a trickle-down tax-reform bill get bipartisan support? That's like suggesting an "abortions for everyone!" bill should get the Republicans on board.

I'm not arguing support for any bill. Just making the point that that the norm of resisting the opposition is the main priority. 

1 minute ago, Glen said:

From what I've read, it looks like you'll be getting hit with a tax increase. Seriously, I hope the 401k boost offsets that.

Yea very possible, but I’m surprised your buddies that voted the other way, none of them did it for perceived tax breaks or border security.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea very possible, but I’m surprised your buddies that voted the other way, none of them did it for perceived tax breaks or border security.  

Honestly, it's mostly family and the reason was mostly "fuck Hillary and suck it, libs!"

Edit: upon further reflection, "fuck brown people" was also part of it and I guess that could fall under "border security."

Edited by Glen

12 hours ago, Glen said:

You're as much of a broken record as Blarg, Nate, or myself.

The dems won't win by understanding and reaching out to Trump voters.  They'll win by finding their next Obama, an exciting and charismatic candidate who fires up the base, and gets people who didn't bother to vote (or voted for Bernie) to vote for that candidate this time. 

That is what I posted before, my leftist dotard friend. But you've got your broken record spinning at 33-1/3 all the time in your head, complete with scratches so it skips all the time. 

You need to come up for air and look around and see what people are actually saying on the board rather than living inside that bubble you created. 

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

Holy shit, are you unable to get the message? Your team needs to rebuild in order to win. Younger, smarter, with less baggage and a decernable message that isn't alt left. 

The only hope my team has is Trump goes skiing Sonny Bono style this winter. That eleviates them from the unpleasant task of supporting a renomination, which incumbents always get. 

In case you missed this, @Glen

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Trump tweeted this morning that Corker couldn't get elected dog catcher.

If someone acts in a certain way...

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Good luck getting those tax cuts, Mr. President.

Can't we then safely assume they really don't give a flying crap about the said tax cuts?

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

If someone acts in a certain way...

Can't we then safely assume they really don't give a flying crap about the said tax cuts?

With McCain it seems to be a personal vendetta against Trump. With Corker, who knows? The GOP can't afford more than two defections. There's a lot of spite right now in politics, and many Republicans hate Trump. They could sink those tax cuts just to weaken the president.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

With McCain it seems to be a personal vendetta against Trump. With Corker, who knows? The GOP can't afford more than two defections. There's a lot of spite right now in politics, and many Republicans hate Trump. They could sink those tax cuts just to weaken the president.

I meant Trump not caring about said tax cuts. Corker and McCain's motivations and reactions are much more straight forward. Though I think as always much of the spite is little more than political theater.

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That is what I posted before, my leftist dotard friend. But you've got your broken record spinning at 33-1/3 all the time in your head, complete with scratches so it skips all the time. 

You need to come up for air and look around and see what people are actually saying on the board rather than living inside that bubble you created. 

Speaking of broken records, do you get paid a dollar every time you post "liberal dotard?" 

Edited by Glen

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

And golfing. 

The only way golfing can be anymore about the self is if you play all 18 masturbating while looking into a full size mirror.  The fact that he plays it at Trump resorts is extra credit.

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The only way golfing can be anymore about the self is if you play all 18 masturbating while looking into a full size mirror.  The fact that he plays it at Trump resorts is extra credit.

Masturbating is difficult to accomplish when you are frustrated. I am such a shitty golfer.