• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Wow, talk about missing your target. I'm sure Strad can fill you in on the details.

I figured he was saying that because he knew.  @nate, in case you don’t know my oldest son was recently married to his husband, Ernie.  Sorry he isn’t Muslim, my bad.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I figured he was saying that because he knew.  @nate, in case you don’t know my oldest son was recently married to his husband, Ernie.  Sorry he isn’t Muslim, my bad.  

No idea what you think that has anything to do with the fact that Christians in this nation and around the world have suppressed the rights of gays.

Congrats to your son

15 hours ago, Lou said:

You blew the last one, so...

“I” didn’t blow anything.  My choices were Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. I voted and it was an easy choice.  Because Donald Trump didn’t hide what vile human he is.  Yea, yea Hillary is terrible also.  You know, she’s less terrible then Donald Trump.  And to think other wise is to force yourself to accept things that are objectively not true.   They are not in the same realm.  Do we need to rehash Trumps entire fucking life of being a horrible person.  He’s far worse by any reasonable measure.  The people that struggled with the decision.  I think there’s an issue there.  

And you know.  I know I hope and assume that most people who voted for Trump aren’t despicable pieces of trash like Sheriff Clarke.  But you know.  They keep fucking voting for those people.  So I don’t know Lou and MT.  At what point does it stop being the liberals fault and begins being their problem ?  Isn’t there some kind of character flaw with someone who constantly spite votes ? It’s either that or they’re true believers.  Both are fucking bad.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Probably rehashing my previous thoughts. If social media is as big a factor in politics as many sources are saying it is then I believe people overstate how important the actual candidates are. The last POTUS election certainly implies that though one election isn't much to draw on analytically. Seeing the petty tit for tat in this forum from all sides only reinforces this idea for me. An increasing number of people are going to base part if not their entire vote on which side upsets them less on their social media feeds. It really seems that someone on the right has realized this and has really gone all in on intentionally antagonizing the left, goading them to react (most often legitimately) caustically. I don't even know what the proper response would be. If the left doesn't react strongly, do they risk normalizing these bad actions by the right? If they react strongly do they risk continuing to lose in elections more often than they win? Is it even reasonable to expect a tempered response considering what is being used to provoke these reactions? Maybe though if these tactics by the right are realized by the left at a cognitive level it might help a bit? Pessimistically I doubt it would much.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:07 PM, Blarg said:

Red, your and idoit. You used to be better than this but you've devolved to a complete fool these days. 

Now regroup and contact your people at the DNC and tell them to pull their heads out of their asses and put a candidate out there that people respect. Not a candidate they felt some obligation to but a real person that can lead without half the country hating their guts. 

Holy shit...did you but Clinton this portion of the thread? 

Image result for old man yells at cloud

Holy shit, are you unable to get the message? Your team needs to rebuild in order to win. Younger, smarter, with less baggage and a decernable message that isn't alt left. 

The only hope my team has is Trump goes skiing Sonny Bono style this winter. That eleviates them from the unpleasant task of supporting a renomination, which incumbents always get. 

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Holy shit, are you unable to get the message? Your team needs to rebuild in order to win. Younger, smarter, with less baggage and a decernable message that isn't alt left. 

The only hope my team has is Trump goes skiing Sonny Bono style this winter. That eleviates them from the unpleasant task of supporting a renomination, which incumbents always get. 

You could hope for a stray golf ball.  Although it might get suspicious when he gets hit by 3 golf balls at the same time, with only one person yelling fore.