• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Donald Trump is as close to being a Christian as you are to an In-n-Out.

At least Nate is in the same hemisphere as In-n-out. Trump and any theology that relies on a belief of a power greater than the self would never be remotely that close.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Do you believe he is even capable of the belief that he isn't winning? Certainly hasn't been my experience with narcissists.

I don't know...maybe it's that line between thinking he's winning and thinking it's everyone else's fault that he's not

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

I don't know...maybe it's that line between thinking he's winning and thinking it's everyone else's fault that he's not

Really depends on what his personal definition of winning is. Clearly I'm rather cynical on what that definition likely is.

14 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Trumps no Nazi, he's Israel's Lackey for Christ sakes.

The fundamentalist Christian support for Israel is entirely based in their requirement for the Jews to be the sacrificial lambs in their Armageddon fantasy. 

For Trump it's just a play to his moron evangelical base.  It is a tight rope for him really.  One part of his base fervently insists on unconditional support for Israel.  The other part are the white supremacists who hate Jews.   Tricky, tricky business. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

For Trump it's just a play to his moron evangelical base.  It is a tight rope for him really.  One part of his base fervently insists on unconditional support for Israel.  The other part are the white supremacists who hate Jews.   Tricky, tricky business. 

Much like his use of racism, except for the torn loyalties of his base part.

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The fundamentalist Christian support for Israel is entirely based in their requirement for the Jews to be the sacrificial lambs in their Armageddon fantasy. 

Foolish and inane.  

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Foolish and inane.  

This is an objectively accurate description of that crowd  MT.  They are the anti intellectual anti science lunatic crowd and absolutely the worst elements of Christianity in this country.  I didn't say they represent all Christians or even a majority.  They do not.  But they are a not small group.  100 percent the Armageddon thing is not small motivator for them.  You're a reasonable guy.  I'm not sure why you feel compelled to defend them.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

25 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is an objectively accurate description of that crowd  MT.  They are the anti intellectual anti science lunatic crowd and absolutely the worst elements of Christianity in this country.  I didn't say they represent all Christians or even a majority.  They do not.  But they are a not small group.  100 percent the Armageddon thing is not small motivator for them.  You're a reasonable guy.  I'm not sure why you feel compelled to defend them.   

Not objective nor accurate.  Zero for two.

you speak as someone how has been told these things, not as someone who knows.

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Not objective nor accurate.  Zero for two.

you speak as someone how has been told these things, not as someone who knows.

Actually, I have spoken with them.  I'm not making it up.  I know my personal experience doesn't necessarily represent anything but my personal experience jives with many many many things that I have read.  Feel free to disagree.      

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Actually, I have spoken with them.  I'm not making it up.  I know my personal experience doesn't necessarily represent anything but my personal experience jives with many many many things that I have read.  Feel free to disagree.      

Oh I do disagree and I might put my 35 years of being an evangelical Christian and hearing end times scenarios taught multiple times against a few conversations all day.

My favorite thing that MT does is explain how Christians really think.  He is like the Trump under secretaries that have to come out and explain what Trump really means when he says stupid shit.

Meanwhile the christian lobby groups are the ones pushing to ban gay marriage, in WV they even lobbied so hate crimes against gays are not tried as hate crimes.

If it is not Christian then why is it that the people you choose to represent you in the public say it is?

20 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Oh I do disagree and I might put my 35 years of being an evangelical Christian and hearing end times scenarios taught multiple times against a few conversations all day.

I appreciate your experience.  But im not talking about a few "conversations" you no doubt know that evangelical Christianity is quite fragmented.  The community falls over the spectrum in terms of theological interpretation.  Again, there is not a small group of Evangelical Christianity that is pretty radical.  Radical being my opinion of course.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, nate said:

My favorite thing that MT does is explain how Christians really think.  He is like the Trump under secretaries that have to come out and explain what Trump really means when he says stupid shit.

Meanwhile the christian lobby groups are the ones pushing to ban gay marriage, in WV they even lobbied so hate crimes against gays are not tried as hate crimes.

If it is not Christian then why is it that the people you choose to represent you in the public say it is?

Sorry if we all don't fit into the little box you and under the halo want to put us all into.  Bottom line is that we are no more singular than any other group.  It  is just that they feel they have to vote for someone and the someone that usually comes closest to their beliefs normally has an R after their name.  Doesn't mean they agree with most or even half of what they think, just closer than most d's.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I appreciate your experience.  But im not talking about a few "conversations" you no doubt know that evangelical Christianity is quite fragmented.  The community falls over the spectrum in terms of theological interpretation. 

Of course it does, which is why your statement perplexes me.

54 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Sorry if we all don't fit into the little box you and under the halo want to put us all into.  Bottom line is that we are no more singular than any other group.  It  is just that they feel they have to vote for someone and the someone that usually comes closest to their beliefs normally has an R after their name.  Doesn't mean they agree with most or even half of what they think, just closer than most d's.

Perfect example of only being Christian when it is convenient.