• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Just now, nate said:

All of them.  That includes all the Christian groups that lobby for that politician.  It has to work both ways, you can't just use it when it is convenient.

But you're labeling it like it's an issue among all Christians.  Not every Christian has to own what the hyper conservative asshole evangelicals do. 

Like I said, plenty of Christians detest conservative politics.  And imo, rightly so.  It is the antithesis of christs teachings. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

But you're labeling it like it's an issue among all Christians.  Not every Christian has to own what the hyper conservative asshole evangelicals do. 

Like I said, plenty of Christians detest conservative politics.  And imo, rightly so.  It is the antithesis of christs teachings. 

You are making my point for me.  The same people voting because of Abortion or Gays and judges are nowhere to be found on the other non-Christian sides of that same politician.

46 minutes ago, nate said:

You are making my point for me.  The same people voting because of Abortion or Gays and judges are nowhere to be found on the other non-Christian sides of that same politician.

To be fair, on the left side of the spectrum, they don't exactly advertise their positions because of Christian teachings.  You are right though, politically Christian people who oppose the Christian conservatives are not well represented. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, nate said:

Another example of how Christians are only Christian when it is convenient for them:

Vote for Trump so they can get their gay stomping Judge

Look away when Trump bans people from the country including refugees that desperately need our help

Look away when Trump wants to take healthcare away from millions of Children and Elderly

and I could go on.  Christians are so quick to invoke the bible and Jesus when it is convenient for them, and nowhere to be found when it isn't.

Your bias causes your logic fail.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Another example of how Christians are only Christian when it is convenient for them:

Vote for Trump so they can get their gay stomping Judge

Look away when Trump bans people from the country including refugees that desperately need our help

Look away when Trump wants to take healthcare away from millions of Children and Elderly

and I could go on.  Christians are so quick to invoke the bible and Jesus when it is convenient for them, and nowhere to be found when it isn't.

You're 100 percent right. There are many Christians who are totally partisan and put their politics ahead of their faith. But that doesn't describe all Christians. Most of the ones I know are far more nuanced in their thinking.

4 hours ago, nate said:

All of them.  That includes all the Christian groups that lobby for that politician.  It has to work both ways, you can't just use it when it is convenient.

are you lumping me in with this crowd?

23 hours ago, nate said:

And at this point we have nothing more to talk about.

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Holy crap, did he really say that?

What a dick.

That's not even the half of it. He said Puerto Rico wasn't a real catastrophe like Katrina because their death toll was only 16. 

Fake news @Blarg.

He didn't say Puerto Rico wasn't a real catastrophe for fuck sake. He was basically saying that its good that they only lost 16 people as opposed to the hundreds lost from Katrina when the storms were both CAT 5. This is basic comprehension.

The budget thing was said jokingly. Inappropriate? Maybe, but he wasn't slamming Puerto Rico for costing them money like numb skulls would have you believe.