• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

10 hours ago, Thomas said:

Trump is like that heel in pro wrestling, well when he isn't literally a heel in wrestling, who knows by telling the crowd to shut up that the crowd will just boo and jeer even louder. By going off on the NFL protesters they will naturally respond tomorrow. Some already have.

image.png

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20796662/oakland-athletics-catcher-bruce-maxwell-kneels-national-anthem

And seeing how many people respond so negatively to these displays it can only play into his hands...

It's not astounding to me that he keeps doing this kind of stuff, but it is kind of astounding to me that people keep taking the bait. 

19 hours ago, Geoff said:

This is my new favorite story of the day...

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 1.32.08 PM.png

I've been in the sticks, disconnected from the world, waiting for Nibiru.  But is this what all the athletes are getting their panties in a bunch over?  Good.  Pandering to a bunch of people making millions playing sports.  IMO, only the US national teams should be invited to the white house.  Because they are doing something like you know, like representing Amerca!

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I've been in the sticks, disconnected from the world, waiting for Nibiru.  But is this what all the athletes are getting their panties in a bunch over?  Good.  Pandering to a bunch of people making millions playing sports.  IMO, only the US national teams should be invited to the white house.  Because they are doing something like you know, like representing Amerca!

It's not just this.  He also called NFL players who kneel for the anthem Sons of Bitches.  So, yeah ... athletes were a bit put off by that.

12 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It's not just this.  He also called NFL players who kneel for the anthem Sons of Bitches.  So, yeah ... athletes were a bit put off by that.

Trump needs to think outside the box.  If he wants them to respect the flag.  Threaten to sign an executive order.  No public funds to be used on entertainment venues that can house greater than 5,000 people.

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Trump needs to think outside the box.  If he wants them to respect the flag.  Threaten to sign an executive order.  No public funds to be used on entertainment venues that can house greater than 5,000 people.

Not incredibly unconstitutional or anything.  Trump is going to end up having 80 percent of the NFL and NBA not standing for the flag.  Don't be surprised if this spreads to baseball.  There's a lot of dark baseball players.  What are the folks butt hurt about this gonna do then ? NASCAR will be the last show in town I guess. 

One would hope that some of you that are more forgiving of his shit would at least be struck by his attitude with people who are minorities peacefully protesting a legitimate grievance vs.  how he approached racist fucks expressing their bullshit pretend grievances. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Not incredibly unconstitutional or anything.  Trump is going to end up having 80 percent of the NFL and NBA not standing for the flag.  Don't be surprised if this spreads to baseball.  There's a lot of dark baseball players.  What are the folks butt hurt about this gonna do then ? NASCAR will be the last show in town I guess. 

One would hope that some of you that are more forgiving of his shit would at least be struck by his attitude with people who are minorities peacefully protesting a legitimate grievance vs.  how he approached racist fucks expressing their bullshit pretend grievances. 

Already has or he got queasy from playing in the coliseum. 

2017-09-24-10-14-03-.jpg

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Not incredibly unconstitutional or anything.  Trump is going to end up having 80 percent of the NFL and NBA not standing for the flag.  Don't be surprised if this spreads to baseball.  There's a lot of dark baseball players.  What are the folks butt hurt about this gonna do then ? NASCAR will be the last show in town I guess

Hockey? 

This is obviously Trump's goal.  Well not to bolster the NHL ratings but to spread divisiveness and force people to take sides email end more than they already have. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

You really have no reason other then utter cynicism to believe this is true. 

The entire thing from Comney's firing forward reeks of White House manipulation and is terribly suspect.   But I understand the inexplicable optimism from the side that thought Sessions was going to turn on Trump. 

32 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The entire thing from Comney's firing forward reeks of White House manipulation and is terribly suspect.   But I understand the inexplicable optimism from the side that thought Sessions was going to turn on Trump. 

You know I buy in on some of the manipulation stuff that you think is going on.  But I don't have to have "inexplicable optimism" to not buy in on all of the tin foil hat theories you enjoy.  Also, I don't particularly appreciate the insinution that my opinions are robotic and formed by a "side" I've decided to cheer for.  In fact, I happen to believe that Trump will get out of this unscathed.  And if he does I'm not going to doubt the authenticity of the investigation. 

Mueller is from what I understand a man of great integrity.  I trust he'll do his job in an appropriate manner.  Regardless of the outcome. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You know I buy in on some of the manipulation stuff that you think is going on.  But I don't have to have "inexplicable optimism" to not buy in on all of the tin foil hat theories you enjoy.  Also, I don't particularly appreciate the insinution that my opinions are robotic and formed by a "side" I've decided to cheer for.  In fact, I happen to believe that Trump will get out of this unscathed.  And if he does I'm not going to doubt the authenticity of the investigation. 

Mueller is from what I understand a man of great integrity.  I trust he'll do his job in an appropriate manner.  Regardless of the outcome. 

Then perhaps state opinions that aren't so robotic and predictable. Just a thought. You do realize that the entire investigation is based on suspicion of a cold war scale conspiracy, right? Don't believe me? Just ask HRC. So to attack someone for suspecting conspiracies are involved is curious at best.  Cynically self-serving at worst.  And who the hell is DC isn't opined as of being of great integrity? Yet those traits aren't exactly ones that lead to promotion in the district. Let alone in the FBI. 

If I'm robotic and predictable with left wing rhetoric you are as well except you pull yours from YouTube conspiracy theory people.  I didn't attack you, I pointed out a fact that your opinion is formed out of your cynical outlook.  Do you have some information the rest of us do not ? I think not.  So again, it's cynicism.  I'm sorry you took that personally.  It's funny, you more then anyone on this board resorts to the ad hominem attack.  Even the tiniest of perceived slights apparently sets you off. 

I have no reason to believe Robert Mueller isn't an honorable guy.  So again, I'm fine with whatever outcome he produces.  If there's no evidence then it doesn't matter if the crime happened or not.  Trump and his goons will get away with it.  You know, it's usually the coverup that screws these guys they say.  It was the same with Watergate.  Maybe Trumps grand Cold War conspiracy won't be what fucks him.  Maybe it'll be good old fashioned obstruction of justice.  Doubtful.  But who knows. 

You can call me an idiot again and have the last word.  I'm not dancing round and round with you on this. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I didn't realize attacking opinions was ad hominem. Who knew? But I guess stating as such provides "justification" for doing such on your part.  But truthfulness from your posts would seem lacking since I sincerely doubt you can quote me in any way questioning your intelligence or calling you an idiot or anything actually saying anything personal towards you at all. Or myself taking anything you said personally. But since you most like realize this you gave me the last word. As I said, predictable. 

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/24/jared-kushner-private-email-white-house-243071