• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Just now, Jason said:

Honest question. Why haven't they become citizens yet?

Because there is no current legal path for them.   What do you want them to do?

Everyone that applied to DACA put an enormous amount of trust in the US government.  This was their path to legality.  Now they are documented and can be rounded up.

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

Everyone that applied to DACA put an enormous amount of trust in the US government.  This was their path to legality.  Now they are documented and can be rounded up.

Obama should never have done this to get their hopes up then. It really wasn't his place to do so. Other individuals become citizens so why can't they?  From what I know (which isn't much) the process is lengthy but if these folks have been here since they were children then they've had time, no? 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

The one good thing with DACA being rescinded is that the executive branch gave back some power it took from congress. Immigration laws should not come from executive orders. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/06/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Don't give me some rule of law bullshit.  Not after Trump pardoned Arpaio, an actual criminal.  

Dreamers btw have to go through a background check and have no criminal record.

arpaio being pardoned has zero to do with enforcing immigration laws.

we've reached a point where immigrants are deciding which laws they choose to follow, and citizens are supporting them in this. this will not end well.

why the discussion doesn't focus on revamping our immigration laws is as mysterious to me as stonehenge.

9 hours ago, Rico said:

How does DACA provide them with a path to legality? I realize they are considered legal while in the program, but after that? There is no path to citizenship under DACA . 

7 hours ago, red321 said:

Does that make a difference to you? Whether they were 2, 8, 12 or 16?

It apparently makes a difference to some or else the word baby wouldn't have been used.

I'm more surprised people are comfortable breaking up families.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

arpaio being pardoned has zero to do with enforcing immigration laws.

we've reached a point where immigrants are deciding which laws they choose to follow, and citizens are supporting them in this. this will not end well.

why the discussion doesn't focus on revamping our immigration laws is as mysterious to me as stonehenge.

Bullshit, it has everything to do with it.

Arapaio was a  law enforcement officer that abused the law and refused to follow it.  The law that he abused?  Immigration and racial profiling.

6 hours ago, nate said:

Bullshit, it has everything to do with it.

Arapaio was a  law enforcement officer that abused the law and refused to follow it.  The law that he abused?  Immigration and racial profiling.

i guess we'll see this differently then. arpaio's situation has little to do with the entirety of illegal immigration, but whatever.

you still didn't address my concerns about immigrants choosing which laws they'll abide by, and the citizens who enable them by supporting their refusal to obey our immigration laws.