• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

59 minutes ago, Glen said:

image.jpeg

Though I'd be utterly surprised if they didn't have a proper paper shredder in the building. Burning is not an approved means of destroying documents. I'd severely reprimand anyone who just threw sensitive papers into a fireplace.  I wonder what the exactly they were doing. Perhaps burning the shreds? Maybe as an F U to the liberal locals?

10 hours ago, Thomas said:

Have we reached rock bottom? Regardless of what Trump does from here forward that his approval numbers will stay relatively static?
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/theres-been-a-lot-of-news-but-little-change-in-trumps-approval-rating/

Trump disapproval crocodile!

DHNNAvjVwAAGfu8.thumb.jpg.aecfbf113dc65eb1937f51f0fe8dcc89.jpg

I don't have a major issue with DACA but it should have been enacted by congress in the first place, not by executive order. Word is he will delay it six months to give congress time to come up with a better plan.  I think we all know this means they will accomplish nothing

this DACA stuff seems incredibly unsurprising.

I've always thought the dreamer acronym was shitty politics.  hearts need to be changed, and that one has always struck me as particularly snobby and self righteous.  I'm a supporter and even I find it annoying.  Just seems like the wrong approach on a fundamental level.  I don't know if it makes any difference though.

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

Yeah. Fuck those 4 year olds who didn't stop their parents. Dreamers my ass. 

I think it's funny that he made his decision on the "national day of prayer" 

insisting that these people be deported is cruel and wrong and the way the president is handling it cowardly.  What else is new. 

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/amp/Missing-volunteer-pulled-from-Cypress-Creek-12170986.php

"I've lost a great son, you have no idea," she said, weeping softly. "I'm asking God to give me strength."

She said she hoped U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials would take pity and grant her a humanitarian visa so that she could come to Houston and bury her son, but she was turned back at the border.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it's funny that he made his decision on the "national day of prayer" 

insisting that these people be deported is cruel and wrong and the way the president is handling it cowardly.  What else is new. 

He's struggling. Has to throw some red meat to the base. 

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Yeah. Fuck those 4 year olds who didn't stop their parents. Dreamers my ass. 

You're responding to something I never said. My post is about the name used to describe those who've come here illegally and then expect us to take care of them.

how come you're okay with some people breaking some of our laws?

As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong) dreamers have to pay $500 every other year and pay all applicable taxes. Sounds like they're paying their fair share.

As for breaking laws: we all break laws every day. Selective enforcement has always been an aspect. Do you want to end DACA?

I think the better question is what is the right way to deal with an issue that is complex.  Illegal immigration, particularly from mexico and Latin America is a two way street.  They come here for a better life, we have plenty of people willing to pay for that labor thus encouraging the immigration.  Ethically, and practically.  It seems obvious to me that deporting them is wrong. 

And I think it's a bit of a reach to say we're "taking care of them" as I understand it.  Most of them go to school and work.  They aren't any different then anyone else. 

I just wish, politically.  A more sterile name was used for the program. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The DACA people are not breaking laws and even have more to follow than any of us.  Far as illegal and taking care of them seems every community I go to they all work and I only take care of them when they mow my lawn.  The stigma is ingrained in peoples head just like the 5 million illegal voters when it is closer to 50.  This place never disappoints.