• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Texas is about to get hit by a catastrophic hurricane and Trump is headed out to golf again, after his 17 day vacation just ended.

On his way out someone asked him what he has to say to the people of Texas and he responded "Good luck"

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Texas is about to get hit by a catastrophic hurricane and Trump is headed out to golf again, after his 17 day vacation just ended.

On his way out someone asked him what he has to say to the people of Texas and he responded "Good luck"

I blame the Republicans considerably for this, especially since they took it to new levels for Pres. Obama, but this idea that Presidents ever are off the job is silly. I get pissy if I have to be on call for IT for a week and that's a 2 on the scale of 1 to the 1,000,000 of being POTUS.  When is a President ever not President? If he or she is rubbing one out in a White House bathroom at 2am when North Korea does something scary, their fun time gets interrupted. The pressure of the office never goes away. There are too many things Trump is doing wrong to focus on the inane stuff.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

As someone that works from home, I know for sure that nothing compares to having everyone in a room.  Things get accomplished so much quicker.

Not having his FEMA people and other staff with him makes him ineffective.

What exactly is FEMA relying on the POTUS for?  This has always confused me since Katrina.
The things the POTUS is involved in. Picking the head of FEMA. The budget of FEMA. Approving the release emergency funds. This idea that any President is managing the emergency response is laughable.

11 minutes ago, nate said:

So you think that during a disaster the president has nothing to do and he doesn't need all his advisers?

The only thing I want the POTUS to do before and during a major hurricane is make a good concise speech 12/24 hours prior to the landfall that it'd be a really good idea to listen to emergency authorities. Trump did that well enough I guess. After that let the qualified emergency personal handle things. After the event people seem to think it's important that the POTUS show that they really are concerned about the event. That'll be pretty much impossible for Trump but thankfully it's pretty much the least important thing anyone actually does. Also he needs to authorize emergency funds be released for the regions affected. Something hopefully he does. Weirder things have happened in this administration but most likely it'll happen. At no point should any President be directing emergency efforts in any way. In the months following there will be federal spending required which is where lawmakers are actually qualified to do much of anything.

That is horse shit

The President should be on top of all major decisions and monitoring every disaster and major threat.  He shouldn't be playing fucking golf while Americans are being flooded and displaced from their homes, or threatened with nukes.

11 minutes ago, nate said:

So you think that during a disaster the president has nothing to do and he doesn't need all his advisers?

If the President needs to get involved, then FEMA isn't doing their job.  Plus this is more of a Mayor/Governor thing than a President thing.  I think the most that the President gets involved in is the photo ops after and the promise of federal funds. 

3 minutes ago, nate said:

That is horse shit

The President should be on top of all major decisions and monitoring every disaster and major threat.  He shouldn't be playing fucking golf while Americans are being flooded and displaced from their homes, or threatened with nukes.

Um...why? How is that helpful?

It's a category 4 now. 

As we all know, Trump just doesn't give a fuck.  That's why he's out golfing. 

Obviously him sitting in a command center doesn't really do anything.  He'll know what's going on.  It's just wild how he completely doesn't give a shit about messaging or imaging or anything.  

I think the best we can hope for is that hopefully, this helps hit home to all the people that voted for him in Texas that Donald Trump doesn't give a fuck about them. 

Hopefully people are smart and gtfo of dodge. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, Jason said:

It just looks callous to be out playing golf or whatever he's doing while this happening. Granted, him sitting in the briefing room with all the FEMA guys and disaster experts isn't going to help anything. 

Trump can't help but being callous. But ever since Katrina we've had this naive twisted idea of what the POTUS actually does. But worse it's dangerous. It gives the impression that the federal government has this super capability to respond. When the big one hits LA, your ass is on your own for 72-96 hours. You'd better prepare for it. You know. Like experts keep telling people. But instead people perpetuate this idea that our leaders are micro-managing this overwhelming response like some sort of real time strategy video game.  When 99% of what they do is say yay or nay on laws. Utterly bizarre.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Trump can't help but being callous. But ever since Katrina we've had this naive twisted idea of what the POTUS actually does. But worse it's dangerous. It gives the impression that the federal government has this super capability to respond. When the big one hits LA, your ass is on your own for 72-96 hours. You'd better prepare for it. You know. Like experts keep telling people. But instead people perpetuate this idea that our leaders are micro-managing this overwhelming response like some sort of real time strategy video game.  When 99% of what they do is say yay or nay on laws. Utterly bizarre.

I agree with this mostly.  But the federal government does have a huge role to play.  Even if they can't immediately provide aid. 

Also, I think mammoth tanks would have been very helpful during Katrina. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think the best we can hope for is that hopefully, this helps hit home to all the people that voted for him in Texas that Donald Trump doesn't give a fuck about them.

Wouldn't that be a wee bit hypocritical for most Texans seeing as that is pretty much exactly what they would do if you replaced golf with hunting or some other activity that involves guns?

Then whys he out golfing man ? He doesn't even care about the shitty image. 

Donald Trump is about Donald Trump and that's it.  Look at the healthcare thing a couple of months ago.  The man himself said that it was "mean" and yet, he was still going to sign it.  He still lobbied hard to get it through.  All he cared about was a legislative victory.  Not the substance of the policy.  Just a w for Donald.  He is who is.

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Well said Thomas. 

16 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

If you cared about something like the Angels for example and there was an important event going on, say them playing in the WS, would you go golfing or watch the game? 

I agree he shouldn't be golfing. That doesn't mean he doesn't give a shit 

16 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

If you cared about something like the Angels for example and there was an important event going on, say them playing in the WS, would you go golfing or watch the game? 

Playing golf at night?