• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

thanks trump! I got to make a bunch of great phone calls today. this dumbass, plus Charlottesville, plus North Korea has me sitting well:

Mortgage Rates Back to 2017 Lows on Trump Tweet

Mortgage rates dropped today after news broke (first rumors, then confirmation via Twitter) that President Trump was disbanding his councils of CEOs.  The move apparently came in response to attrition among several CEOs following Trump's press conference on recent events in Charlottesville, VA.  In not so many words, Trump disbanded the councils before any more CEOs had a chance to quit.  

Political turmoil--especially that which appears "anti-business" in any way--always runs the risk of hurting stocks and helping bonds.  That's exactly what happened today.  "Helping bonds" in this context means higher demand for bonds among investors.  Excess demand for bonds pushes rates lower.  

The market reaction to the Trump news overshadowed what was set to be the day's big-ticket event up to that point--the release of the Minutes from the most recent Fed meeting.  The Minutes ended up being fairly tame--especially for those who'd tuned in to most of the recent Fed speeches (which, over the past 3 weeks, have largely reiterated views stated in today's Minutes).  In other words, the Fed Minutes were old news, and they did nothing to stop the positive moves in bonds.

Rates ended the day back at 2017's lows, but only after a throng of mid-day price improvements from mortgage lenders.  The average lender is right in line with last week's best levels.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Amazing how fast Trump ball washers like Blarg, AFL and Larry move on from him dignifying Nazis... Shows you how much integrity they have.

So nothing's changed, huh?

No condemnations?

I won't comment on their integrity, but if they want to keep defending a neo-nazi sympathizer from this point on, let them have at it.

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

what does it mean when you go down the street marching wearing a motherfucking bike helmet and some wrap oakleys?

These are the Special Ed of protesters. 

11 hours ago, nate said:

Amazing how fast Trump ball washers like Blarg, AFL and Larry move on from him dignifying Nazis... Shows you how much integrity they have.

Where have I posted anything about Trump's stance on the Charlotte protest? 

6 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

So nothing's changed, huh?

No condemnations?

I won't comment on their integrity, but if they want to keep defending a neo-nazi sympathizer from this point on, let them have at it.

I think I've been pretty vocal in the past on my stance regarding neo-Nazi and white supremist groups like the KKK. I've also been swamped at work with little time to post on the board so I've spent my leasure time on the baseball side of the board instead of the JC PoliSci forum.

My three posts in all of these threads were pretty much to the point as to what I've thought of the current situation in Charlotte without spending a lot of time here. 

1) Destroying history is the sign that totalitarianism is taking hold. ( See Palmyra reference)

2) I really wish Trump would shut his face (see Coolidge reference)

3) Nothing sadder than seeing innocence destroyed by people who should never procreated. ( See photo of child in clan outfit)

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Ok, a van/truck just plowed into a bunch of pedestrians in Spain.  Let's see how long it takes Trump to Tweet out something about a terrorist attack.

According to BBC News the Barcelona  police are treating it as a terrorism. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Ok, a van/truck just plowed into a bunch of pedestrians in Spain.  Let's see how long it takes Trump to Tweet out something about a terrorist attack.

Or how long it takes for him to get in a fight with the Mayor of Barcelona.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

According to BBC News the Barcelona  police are treating it as a terrorism. 

I have no doubt that it is a terrorist attack.  And it should be called as such.

But he was very slow to the trigger this weekend, and I'm just guessing he won't be so slow on this event.  Because ... mooooslums