• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

It's very simple.  Violence in the black community happens because of the extreme poverty it finds itself in.  Poverty that is a symptom of the systemic racism it's faced its entire existence.  Of course most don't ever go down that path of violence, but many others simply don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I would say the black community has every right to feel anger. (I'm not condoning violence, just to be clear.)

So what is the excuse for the other side?

I'll get you a link in a bit, but Thomas Sowell vehemently disagrees with this characterization.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

58 minutes ago, Rico said:

It's very simple.  Violence in the black community happens because of the extreme poverty it finds itself in.  Poverty that is a symptom of the systemic racism it's faced its entire existence.

Racism from whites is also a symptom of extreme poverty. Most likely the single greatest correlating factor as it is tied in with poor education and susceptibility of believing the arguments of using other races as scapegoats. I've seen enough of that out here where I am to last a lifetime. The systemic racism you mention is quite possibly intentional to prevent unity between the poorest and represent the greatest threat to the ruling class.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

It's very simple.  Violence in the black community happens because of the extreme poverty it finds itself in.  Poverty that is a symptom of the systemic racism it's faced its entire existence.  Of course most don't ever go down that path of violence, but many others simply don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I would say the black community has every right to feel anger. (I'm not condoning violence, just to be clear.)

So what is the excuse for the other side?

So they should take zero accountability?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

So they should take zero accountability?

I mean if u want them to absorb blame for their problems then the whites have to own the white supremacists. 

Not that my opinion matter much, but I agree very strongly with Thomas description of the impact of poverty on minority and majority communities.  This same thing repeats itself all over the world through out the ages with the same conditions.  Blacks aren't genetically pre disposed to be gang bangers and whites aren't pre disposed to be dumb racists. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

43 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Racism from whites is also a symptom of extreme poverty. Most likely the single greatest correlating factor as it is tied in with poor education and susceptibility of believing the arguments of using other races as scapegoats. I've seen enough of that out here where I am to last a lifetime. The systemic racism you mention is quite possibly intentional to prevent unity between the poorest and represent the greatest threat to the ruling class.

I agree with.  I'd even argue that poverty is the driving force behind ISIS, not some religious zealots.

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

I agree with.  I'd even argue that poverty is the driving force behind ISIS, not some religious zealots.

It definitely has a role imo, I've argued here before that the Islamic radicalism is also rooted in decades of repression under autocratic governments.  The poverty is linked to that as well.  Isis and other radicals groups message of divine salvation sounds pretty damn good if you are poor and dumb.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

And as far as Trumps comments earlier.  Too little too late for all that.  He had his chance and he blew it a couple days ago.  This is just like when he was shamed into backing off David Duke.  He did it out of political expediency, why should he get the benefit of the doubt given his history. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I will say this though.  The white supremacists didn't look poor to me.  Not with their armor and assault weapons.

Those tiki torches are at least 40 bucks each, unless they got some bundle deal. /I'm being petty

I read right after the election that the average Trump voter grossed like 80k a year.  That may have been household income.  I don't remember, in any case.  Middle class. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 hours ago, Rico said:

I will say this though.  The white supremacists didn't look poor to me.  Not with their armor and assault weapons.

Those tiki torches are at least 40 bucks each, unless they got some bundle deal. /I'm being petty

Yeah, they're at least $40 each.

Or less than $4 at Home Depot.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 8.21.25 AM.png

34 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Go on ...

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 8.26.21 AM.png

He did do well among some poor voters, theres no doubt.  But overall his voters actually earned more then Clintons.  I went and dug up the article I read.  The median household income nationally for his voters was around 72k.  Clintons was around 61k.  I knew i hadn't imagined it ! lol

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mythology-of-trumps-working-class-support/

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-15%20at%208.05.4

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, they're at least $40 each.

Or less than $4 at Home Depot.

That should be the new marketing slogan...Colorado...where it's cheap to be a torch wielding nazi!

Talk about bad product association.

Jim: Well Bob, the good news is our sales went up in the 3rd quarter do to a spike of purchases in the Virginia area. We also received millions of dollars worth of free publicity on national tv.

Bob: That's great! Bonuses for everyone...

Jim: Well...about the bad news...

Image result for racists carrying torches

34 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He did do well among some poor voters, theres no doubt.  But overall his voters actually earned more then Clintons.  I went and dug up the article I read.  The median household income nationally for his voters was around 72k.  Clintons was around 61k.  I knew i hadn't imagined it ! lol

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mythology-of-trumps-working-class-support/

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-15%20at%208.05.4

But these are voting demographics from the Republican and Democratic primaries.  These are not the numbers from the November election. 

10 minutes ago, red321 said:

That should be the new marketing slogan...Colorado...where it's cheap to be a torch wielding nazi!

Talk about bad product association.

Jim: Well Bob, the good news is our sales went up in the 3rd quarter do to a spike of purchases in the Virginia area. We also received millions of dollars worth of free publicity on national tv.

Bob: That's great! Bonuses for everyone...

Jim: Well...about the bad news...

Image result for racists carrying torches

I'm actually wondering if they're blowing them out because 1) summer is almost over and 2) they have such a horrible association right now. 

Anyway, Colorado has different kinds of torches...

d0660fa70778f4fc6fc2a319845e2454.jpg