• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The president has handled this badly, but I think this morning's Washington Post headline is over the top:

Trump lit the torches of white supremacy in Charlottesville. We must extinguish them.

Did you read the Washington post op Ed piece from a contributor or just get offended at the headline?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trump-lit-the-torches-of-white-supremacy-in-charlottesville-we-must-extinguish-them/2017/08/13/6cb02b94-8014-11e7-902a-2a9f2d808496_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_dvorak-10am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.2e89a14c6322

Donald Trump gave everyone permission to take those hoods off with his winks, nods and refusal to take a moral stand on racial hatred and intimidation during his campaign and during the first six months of his presidency. He’d already spent years questioning the birthplace and legitimacy of President Barack Obama, the nation’s first black commander in chief. And the haters loved him for it.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

After eight long years, it's now ok again for white people to be upset at editorial attacks on the president.

Oh come on.  Hypocrisy is all consuming in politics.  That argument always goes both ways.

by the way, white privilege, safe spaces and the SJW's play right into these morons hands.  

14 hours ago, nate said:

Tank, you are a smart man but that's a really stupid thing to say.

Radical Muslims never went down the street chanting Obama's name, they didn't vote for him in elections and champion him in their news letters.  Obama also bombed the fuck out of them.  So when Trump starts actually bombing white militias and denouncing them, maybe you can have an argument, as weak as that would be.

You misinterpreted what I was saying, buddy. My point was that just as obama refused to call them radical muslims, so Trump has refused to call them white nationalists. I meant nothing else.. 

that these clowns in Virginia feel emboldened to do what we witnessed yesterday is a horrible problem nationally, and our POTUS needs to condemn and prosecute them as strongly as possible. He also needs to distance himself from them very quickly and very publicly.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Why is it so hard for the President to condemn Nazis, white-supremiacists, and the KKK?

Because he knows they support him. Look, at this point it's not a bug, it's a feature. It's who he is. It's easy to denounce white supremacists...Trump simply can't bring himself to do it. Even today the white house official who stated, "Of course that includes white supremacists, KKK, Neo-Nazi and all extremist groups,” wouldn't put their name on the record.

He made it clear when he talked about Obama's birth certificate. He made it clear when he announced and called mexican rapists and murderers. He made it clear when he made O'Bannon, a guy who ran a website that made it's name catering to white nationalists, his campaign manager and brought him into the administration. He makes it clear every time he hedges or tries to equate white nationalists with those who are protesting the white nationalists or tosses out words like "respecting our history". He made it clear when he appointed Jeff Sessions as AG, or Miller and Gorka to his administration. Once twice...ok, maybe that's a bug...at a certain point the realization is, this is who he is, they are his supporters and he supports them. 

These are his people...

_82A2202b.JPG

53 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Your liberal sensibilities won't let you even consider he's correct, but he is.  And until liberals can accept that fact we are not going to get anywhere with this.

Islam shouldn't get a pass because it is a religion.  Could I make up a religion whose tenets allow me to do all sorts of shady shit and call you a bigot if you tried to criticize my bullshit religion?  Well, yes, according to people who think like you.  I could.

I'd like to know what exactly you know about Islam other then that there are Muslims who are terrorists.  Islam is a religion like any other.  A good deal of it up for interpretation.  For every violent verse there's a verse that demands peace and compassion.  That is a fact.  There have been radical and violent Christians, Jews Hindus, and Buddhist.  In large numbers at various times in history.  Their teachings can just as easily be bent to whatever nefarious purpose.  There are a whole number of different factors that cause people to radicalize.  It's not my "liberal sensibilities" that cause me to have that opinion.  There are wonderful concepts and philosophies in Islam, that even you would find beautiful.  Just as there are in the other world religions.  

The point that you are making, specifically that Islam directly dictates that it's adherents be violent and radical is false. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

24 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'd like to know what exactly you know about Islam other then that there are Muslims who are terrorists.  Islam is a religion like any other.  A good deal of it up for interpretation.  For every violent verse there's a verse that demands peace and compassion.  That is a fact.  There have been radical and violent Christians, Jews Hindus, and Buddhist.  In large numbers at various times in history.  Their teachings can just as easily be bent to whatever nefarious purpose.  There are a whole number of different factors that cause people to radicalize.  It's not my "liberal sensibilities" that cause me to have that opinion.  There are wonderful concepts and philosophies in Islam, that even you would find beautiful.  Just as there are in the other world religions.  

The point that you are making, specifically that Islam directly dictates that it's adherents be violent and radical is false. 

Islam should get it's shit together then. 

42 minutes ago, red321 said:

Because he knows they support him. Look, at this point it's not a bug, it's a feature. It's who he is. It's easy to denounce white supremacists...Trump simply can't bring himself to do it. Even today the white house official who stated, "Of course that includes white supremacists, KKK, Neo-Nazi and all extremist groups,” wouldn't put their name on the record.

He made it clear when he talked about Obama's birth certificate. He made it clear when he announced and called mexican rapists and murderers. He made it clear when he made O'Bannon, a guy who ran a website that made it's name catering to white nationalists, his campaign manager and brought him into the administration. He makes it clear every time he hedges or tries to equate white nationalists with those who are protesting the white nationalists or tosses out words like "respecting our history". He made it clear when he appointed Jeff Sessions as AG, or Miller and Gorka to his administration. Once twice...ok, maybe that's a bug...at a certain point the realization is, this is who he is, they are his supporters and he supports them. 

These are his people...

_82A2202b.JPG

I agree with this post but I don't think it's appropriate to call these "his people". It's fair to state "these people support Trump". I know a lot of people, my wife included, that voted for Trump but do not have anything else in common with them. 

That would be like calling these Obama's people just because they support him.

fergusonriots1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Islam should get it's shit together then. 

There's nothing to get together.  The trouble is sourced in political and socioeconomic chaos. 

Some of you ought to look up your local mosque.  Many of them have open houses that welcome the community to come in and see what it's about.  Not attempts to convert or anything, just to take a look at what actually goes on in a mosque and meet the adherents and the clerics.  You'll probably get a solid meal out of it at least.  I'm sure you'd come away with a different and illuminated perspective. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There's nothing to get together.  The trouble is sourced in political and socioeconomic chaos. 

Some of you ought to look up your local mosque.  Many of them have open houses that welcome the community to come in and see what it's about.  Not attempts to convert or anything, just to take a look at what actually goes on in a mosque and meet the adherents and the clerics.  You'll probably get a solid meal out of it at least.  I'm sure you'd come away with a different and illuminated perspective. 

I'm actually not referring to Muslim Americans. The dickwads on the other side of the world

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I agree with this post but I don't think it's appropriate to call these "his people". It's fair to state "these people support Trump". I know a lot of people, my wife included, that voted for Trump but do not have anything else in common with them. 

That would be like calling these Obama's people just because they support him.

fergusonriots1.jpg

Those are Trumps people.

And those are Obama's people.

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It's amazing the stereotypes that people come up with for religions from the Middle East (which if history is correct, Jesus came from there as well). I am Baha'i, a faith that originated in Persia, now Iran. I have been accused of being a Muslim, of being associated with terrorists, of being affiliated with an offshoot of Islam and so forth. Interesting, if this is part of Islam, that Baha'is are persecuted in Iran to the point that many of them have left the country to avoid it.