• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

38 minutes ago, red321 said:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-speech-ms13-long-island

In a speech Friday to law enforcement officers, President Donald Trump urged them to not be “too nice” to suspected criminals and gang members, and appeared to endorse certain types of abuse by police and immigration agents...

“When you see these towns, and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough,” he said, referring to the arrest of alleged gang members. “I said, please don’t be too nice.”

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over,” he mimicked an officer putting a handcuffed person in the back of a squad car, the officer’s hand over the suspect’s head. “Like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody? Don’t hit their head?”....

....“When you want to take over used military equipment, they were saying you couldn’t do it,” Trump said. “You know what I said? That was my first day: You can do it. In fact, that stuff is disappearing so fast, we have none left. You guys know — you really knew how to get that.”

Well a certain thread in the hangout forum should give this one a run for its money. 

4 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

It doesn't unsettle me, it pisses me off.  Find any of our discord, or any of my discard that mentions race.  I guess I criticize Bill and Hillary because I'm racist against southern folks.  I didn't like Obama because I didn't like his policies.  Bringing up the race card diminishes your argument and the issues with race in general.

I wasn't referencing you specifically and I'm not sure what caused you to take it that way.  It doesn't have to be a factor for every single person to be significant.  

I don't believe you're a racist and have never accused you of being one.  You're also way more articulate and informed then the typical voter.  Just because it's not an issue for you it doesn't mean that it's not a factor for others.  You better believe the race thing is a factor for a lot of morons. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 hours ago, red321 said:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-speech-ms13-long-island

In a speech Friday to law enforcement officers, President Donald Trump urged them to not be “too nice” to suspected criminals and gang members, and appeared to endorse certain types of abuse by police and immigration agents...

“When you see these towns, and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough,” he said, referring to the arrest of alleged gang members. “I said, please don’t be too nice.”

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over,” he mimicked an officer putting a handcuffed person in the back of a squad car, the officer’s hand over the suspect’s head. “Like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody? Don’t hit their head?”....

....“When you want to take over used military equipment, they were saying you couldn’t do it,” Trump said. “You know what I said? That was my first day: You can do it. In fact, that stuff is disappearing so fast, we have none left. You guys know — you really knew how to get that.”

Phenomenal. Such a brilliant wordsmith and statesman!

17 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This whole military criticism is stupid.  There are so many great reasons to despise this president.

the last president who truly served in the military was H.W. Bush.

I agree. I think however this is backlash for his banning of transsexuals earlier this week. It might die down soon. 

Which makes me think how this guys actions could start to take a toll on people potentially. I think we all can agree that this was done to cause a distraction and draw attention away from other things going on. Four months ago, a tweet about Obama allegedly wire tapping him caused a stir. Tweeting about potential tapes between him and Comey caused a stir.

In the grand scheme of things it wasn't a huge deal. Trump got his distraction, the media got their story (hoping they are catching on but the almighty dollar might win out and they'll be happy to cover the distraction rather than ignore it).

This time the distraction potentially impacted people. Is Trump willing to throw more people into the fire to avoid it himself? Wouldn't doubt it. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I agree. I think however this is backlash for his banning of transsexuals earlier this week. It might die down soon. 

Which makes me think how this guys actions could start to take a toll on people potentially. I think we all can agree that this was done to cause a distraction and draw attention away from other things going on. Four months ago, a tweet about Obama allegedly wire tapping him caused a stir. Tweeting about potential tapes between him and Comey caused a stir.

In the grand scheme of things it wasn't a huge deal. Trump got his distraction, the media got their story (hoping they are catching on but the almighty dollar might win out and they'll be happy to cover the distraction rather than ignore it).

This time the distraction potentially impacted people. Is Trump willing to throw more people into the fire to avoid it himself? Wouldn't doubt it. 

My big beef is that people take his bait.