• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Some of the ugliest stuff directed at the LGBT community does seem to be borne out of religion though MT.  

I guess it depends if you gauge hate by disagreement.  Sure there are the westboro's out there but they are such an outlier and Christians tell them to shut up all the time.

and we aren't killing anyone for it.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Some of the ugliest stuff directed at the LGBT community does seem to be borne out of religion though MT.  Not that every religious person has to answer for that. 

I don't think it's borne out of religion as much as it's justified that way

17 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't think it's borne out of religion as much as it's justified that way

That's an interesting "chicken or egg" argument.  Not sure if I agree with it, but it's definitely an interesting way to consider it.

chamber.jpg

7 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Wait.

What?

Perhaps you should rethink your statement.

As usual your insightful commentary brought nothing to the table. Feel free to either actually engage in the conversation or stick to your um...shtick as normal.

25 minutes ago, Glen said:

Meme

I suppose you spending 5 seconds looking for meme is the closest I'll get to actual conversation these days in here. I'm not quite sure how pointing out the fallacy of blaming a creation of people (whether any of the creations are correct in what they choose to worship is an entirely separate argument) for behavior that is quite literally ingrained into our DNA falls into controversial territory. But such are these days I suppose. We as a species behave badly. We always have and if history is any indicator we always will. Trying to blame this behavior on anything besides people being people feels like trying to shift responsibility from the rightful party.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

As douchey as quoting myself is, let me jump in before Thomas rightly points out that political quid pro quo has been the norm since politics was invented. 

Never mind. Carry on.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

The retaliation is hardly new. See also LBJ. But they at least previously were at least a little discrete about it. The troublesome thing isn't so much Trump. It's that the playbook that Trump has unveiled won't disappear just because he eventually will.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

The retaliation is hardly new. See also LBJ. But they at least previously were at least a little discrete about it. The troublesome thing isn't so much Trump. It's that the playbook that Trump has unveiled won't disappear just because he eventually will.

Just a thought along those lines: no matter who the Democrats run for president for at least the next two decades, republicans shouldn't be able to criticize.

"What? The dems are running Kim Kardashian for president?  Are you kidding me?"

"Yeah, but remember president Trump?"

"That doesn't excuse it, but point taken."

The Republicans could wheel out a Scott Baio/Ted Nugent ticket (Please God let me not be right about this one unlike Trump) and they would still criticize a Democratic ticket for being too celebrity. Though considering the celebrity level of this ticket perhaps they'd have a point.

The problem is illitercy in the third world is so high they would be the smartest people on the planet having not read this thread. Then the biblical meek inheriting the Earth would come true and we'd be out in the cold.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/07/27/scaramucci-if-reince-wants-to-explain-that-hes-not-a-leaker-let-him-do-that/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_scaramucci-9a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.3f8dad54c645

Looks like Trump has found his mini me. As much shit as people give the media, they are going to earn every dollar if they can wade through all of bullshit and chaff coming out of the White House.