• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

12 hours ago, Glen said:

i'm giving you extra credit for dropping in a yakoff smirnoff reference.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

What does that have to do with any of the subjects at hand, and why would I have a fit about it?

PS: I hope my response was timely enough for you.

5 hours ago, red321 said:

Your posting an article from April of 2016 as a sparkly object? Fun  

4 hours ago, Glen said:

What does that have to do with any of the subjects at hand, and why would I have a fit about it?

PS: I hope my response was timely enough for you.

The subject I was responding to was about shell corporations based out of Delaware. The article is relevant to the subject matter since. Even more information about the popular 1209 North Orange St address that house 285,000 companies is in this article. 

http://freebeacon.com/issues/delaware-address-home-200000-shell-companies-including-hillary-clintons/

While campaigning in 2008, President Obama slammed the "Ugland House," a five-story building in the Cayman Islands that is reportedly home to over 18,000 companies.

"That's either the biggest building in the world, or the biggest tax scam on record," said Obama.

"Some of you may have just heard about these disclosures about outrageous tax havens and loopholes that super-rich people across the world are exploiting in Panama and elsewhere," said Clinton during a campaign event last Wednesday.

"Now some of this behavior is clearly against the law, and anyone who violates the law anywhere should be held accountable," she added. "But it's also scandalous how much is actually legal."

According to advocates for corporate tax reform, Delaware’s laws rival well-known secrecy havens like the Cayman Islands and Panama.

"General secrecy laws and the ability of these corporations to hide the identities of those who own it, that’s what makes [Delaware] an onshore tax haven, and that’s what makes it just as bad as the Cayman Islands," said Phillips.

That could have been our president. Railing at the rich, which she is, claiming they are dodging taxes through shell corporations, which she does, having offshore investments with no accountability. 

Technically both Clinton and Trump do it, and it's shady anyway you break it down.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/25/delaware-tax-loophole-1209-north-orange-trump-clinton

The Clintons’ companies share the office with several of Trump’s companies. They include Trump International Management Corp and several companies that form part of Hudson Waterfront Associates, a Trump partnership to develop more than $1bn worth of luxury condos on the west side of Manhattan.

Of the 515 companies on Trump’s official Federal Election Commission (FEC) filing, 378 are registered in Delaware, he revealed, after being questioned by the Guardian about why so many of his New York-based companies are incorporated in Delaware.

This is a thread about Trump, Blarg.  Not the Clintons.  But yeah, just like your boy Trump you can't seem to go a day without bringing up Hillary.  And, as Rico pointed out, it's equally shady no matter who does it.  But yeah, Hillary is a hypocrite and don't look at our actual president.  Hillary.

Hillary could have been president.  Don't look at Trump!

Hillary.

Hillary.

Might as well talk about Hillary. What difference does it make? It seems regardless of what is released about Trump that not a damn thing is going to change. I mean the left could actually present a positive alternative. One to emote perhaps...hope? But no, anger and name calling feels better I'm sure. Thousands of years of human civilization. Arts. Literature. Science. Self understanding. Memes. But the most powerful country in the history of human existence has been reduced to the lowest common denominator and squabbling like preschoolers. We really do have the government we deserve.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Might as well talk about Hillary. What difference does it make? It seems regardless of what is released about Trump that not a damn thing is going to change. I mean the left could actually present a positive alternative. One to emote perhaps...hope? But no, anger and name calling feels better I'm sure. Thousands of years of human civilization. Arts. Literature. Science. Self understanding. Memes. But the most powerful country in the history of human existence has been reduced to the lowest common denominator and squabbling like preschoolers. We really do have the government we deserve.

Why can't we do both?  Focus on a positive alternative as well as keep an eye on the president.  And, the first part of your post illustrates the problem.  If a positive alternative is thrown out there, said alternative has about a five percent chance right now.  The people who voted for Trump would still vote for Trump.  There is no changing them.

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

Luckily for us we have the independents to tell everyone else they suck

Please elaborate where I've been wrong and you've been right the past year. It shouldn't take long.

7 hours ago, Rico said:

Technically both Clinton and Trump do it, and it's shady anyway you break it down.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/25/delaware-tax-loophole-1209-north-orange-trump-clinton

The Clintons’ companies share the office with several of Trump’s companies. They include Trump International Management Corp and several companies that form part of Hudson Waterfront Associates, a Trump partnership to develop more than $1bn worth of luxury condos on the west side of Manhattan.

Of the 515 companies on Trump’s official Federal Election Commission (FEC) filing, 378 are registered in Delaware, he revealed, after being questioned by the Guardian about why so many of his New York-based companies are incorporated in Delaware.

Technically they all do it, including most of the Senate. 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

That is the problem with so many libs and cons.  There HAS to be sides.

Sides are one thing. But it used to be that the sides WANTED people to change their minds and come to their side. They even offered cake and punch! But at some point that changed. Now there must be ideological purity on the sides. I understand this behavior from the Republicans. It's not a far leap from racial or religious purity to ideological purity. Practically kissing cousins. I mean you don't want diversity to mess up those group photos from the weekly picnic. But for the party of inclusion to act like this (see earlier posts) from those who are hardly fringe. A hatred akin to a virus that has permeated through the liberal population. I get attacking Trump and his supporters. It's stupid but I get it. Hate reciprocates hate. But they will just as quickly turn on each other over the most trivial matters. (Citation: Twitter. Pretty much all of it). I just don't understand. Zombie films are right. (RIP George Romero) A plague will devour our civilization and it isn't the zombies we have to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Sides are one thing. But it used to be that the sides WANTED people to change their minds and come to their side. They even offered cake and punch! But at some point that changed. Now there must be ideological purity on the sides. I understand this behavior from the Republicans. It's not a far leap from racial or religious purity to ideological purity. Practically kissing cousins. I mean you don't want diversity to mess up those group photos from the weekly picnic. But for the party of inclusion to act like this (see earlier posts) from those who are hardly fringe. A hatred akin to a virus that has permeated through the liberal population. I get attacking Trump and his supporters. It's stupid but I get it. Hate reciprocates hate. But they will just as quickly turn on each other over the most trivial matters. (Citation: Twitter. Pretty much all of it). I just don't understand. Zombie films are right. (RIP George Romero) A plague will devour our civilization and it isn't the zombies we have to worry about.

As someone medium to far left on most issues, I completely agree. I think its the backlash to having a fairly liberal president for too long - you set the bar waaay too high, and anything less than perfection is a horrible compromise with the devil. I think that its kinda ridiculous on both sides - the tea party is the exact same imo - though I see what you're saying. The republicans are the party of conservatism, and the democrats are the party of...uh...thoughtful science and public policy done in the most efficient way possible that will still minimize disadvantages of those groups at the largest disadvantage? I guess? Hard to fit that on a banner, though.

13 minutes ago, krAbs said:

As someone medium to far left on most issues, I completely agree. I think its the backlash to having a fairly liberal president for too long

I disagree. Even with Pres. Obama for 8 years he hardly existed in a vacuum and social changes happened slowly...  I think more it's a social change thanks to the interwebs. Republicans in a physical sense have been isolated from ideological diversity much more than their liberal counterparts for decades. Urban/Suburban vs Rural etc. (Small towns are crazy!) But social media has changed all that. Now many on both sides spend large if not practically their entire social time online in these echo chambers (credit @Glen) where they don't hear opposing thoughts from peers. And when they do hear anything they aren't exactly in line with they are super quick to the block button. So much so that we see it affect non-online aspects such as safe spaces at universities. This trend seems...dangerous.