• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

We know you do. 

Now that you have that sick burn out of the way, what are your feelings about this revelation and how completely stable the narrative has been about this thing from the Trump team from its revelation?

I am personally of the opinion that he was there exclusively to help with the adoptions, but I may be in the minority.

Going into the Trump presidency, the only area that I was remotely hopeful about was that they might fix the international adoption situation that the Obama administration completely rat-phucked.  With Russian adoptions being the stated "reason" for this Don Jr. meeting with people with Russian ties, it's going to push this problem down the road and the problems will continue for a long time to come. 

So yeah ... phuck these guys!

44 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Going into the Trump presidency, the only area that I was remotely hopeful about was that they might fix the international adoption situation that the Obama administration completely rat-phucked. 

is this a thing? never heard the phrase before.

I guess it's worth discussing what exactly the Magnitsky Act is for those that are only loosely following this.  The Magnitsky Act is named after Sergei Magnitsky.  He was an auditor/lawyer that was trying to expose the corruption of Russian officials.  It's a story of mobsters, money laundering, tax fraud, and corrupt police, judges, and politicians.  He was arrested, tortured, and basically murdered in prison without ever getting a trial.

His wikipedia page covers the whole thing if you want to know more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Magnitsky

The Magnitsky act was a bipartisan bill meant to punish those involved.  In response to the bill Russia issued a ban of U.S. adoptions of Russian children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnitsky_Act

One note, one of the frauds that Magnitsky exposed led to the 230 million money laundering case that was being prosecuted by Preet Bharara.  That case was settled by Trump's DoJ for 5.8 million.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-was-russian-money-laundering-case-dismissed-house-dems-2017-7

Rico, you must remember...he's a good boy...who amongst us wasn't a young scamp running around our father's office building after getting back from hunting endangered species accidently meeting with a representative..sorry...representatives...of an adversarial foreign power? 

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Now that you have that sick burn out of the way, what are your feelings about this revelation and how completely stable the narrative has been about this thing from the Trump team from its revelation?

I am personally of the opinion that he was there exclusively to help with the adoptions, but I may be in the minority.

I think Trump Jr. was duped into thinking he would find some dirt on Clinton but instead got pitched on changing the Magnitsky Act. I have no problem with him trying to find dirt on his opponent. She wasn't a government official and wasn't acting on behalf of Russia.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is all bullshit.  The real scandal is that the orange one was having his piss parties at Trump tower.  On America soil ! Not just while visiting Russia.  Also, the Russian hookers were undocumented.  OUTRAGE !

Finally, a Trump story I want to hear more about.

8 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I think Trump Jr. was duped into thinking he would find some dirt on Clinton but instead got pitched on changing the Magnitsky Act. I have no problem with him trying to find dirt on his opponent. She wasn't a government official and wasn't acting on behalf of Russia.

For the purposes of this meeting...he thought she was as outlined in the emails...he provided. Whether or not she turned out to be is besides the point...and who has actually determined she wasn't acting on behalf of Russia...outside of comments from her and the guy who has "transparently" had to correct his story multiple times?

I also find it interesting...why would she lobby someone who wasn't in office about the Maginsky Act? Trump Jr. was in no position to do anything about it when the meeting took place and it was months before the election. Hey...let's set up a clandestine meeting months before an election to discuss something you have no ability to impact! I love this!

Now, that doesn't mean the Maginsky Act didn't come up, and it might have been a central point of discussion, as in...we give you this (support in your candidacy)...and one day, one day in the future...I may ask you for a favor...(Maginsky Act and oh by the way...you have this pesky lawyer trying to seize 200+ million of our dollars we were trying to launder).

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Here is the problem for Trump.  Since becoming President he is acting like a guy that took a deal.  He has been trying to appease Russia on these sanctions since day one.

Probably because the sanctions should have never been enacted in the first place. If it wasn't for Victoria Nuland's coup this whole mess could have been avoided.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

It seems pretty obvious that she was acting on behalf of the Russian government.  Also, now they're saying this Akhmetshin guy was there at the meeting in June.  A guy that definitely has links to the Russian government. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

She wasn't a government official and wasn't acting on behalf of Russia.

Yeah, but for the purposes of his gauging his apparent intent and perception of what she actually was, she wasn't any of that in the same way that this guy wasn't actually a kid:

chris-hansen.jpg