• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I actually think Trump sucks at lying.  Other politicians lie and when the truth is found out, it gets backpaged.

Trump lies and it is immediately front page news.  (I am glad for this because all politicians should be called out for their lies)

So he must suck at it.

I think he sucks at lying because of his ego.  Whenever ha makes a claim (usually via tweet) he gets called out on it and instead of moving on or letting it go he doubles down like an asshole.  Other politicians as you noted are much more well versed at this game and when they get called out on it they try to distance themselves from it, generally don't blast it on a social media and just don't talk about it.  Instead the leader of the free world is in twitter wars with people and seems to have no problem tweeting the first thing that comes to mind any time there's some kind of attack overseas, i.e. claiming it's terrorism which makes it fact in his world.  

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I actually think Trump sucks at lying.  Other politicians lie and when the truth is found out, it gets backpaged.

Trump lies and it is immediately front page news.  (I am glad for this because all politicians should be called out for their lies)

So he must suck at it.

But he gets people to focus on the lies he wants them to focus on, not the ones he doesn't. He lies so much that it dilutes the significance of it. He likely is writing the playbook for the politics going forward unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I think he sucks at lying because of his ego.  Whenever ha makes a claim (usually via tweet) he gets called out on it and instead of moving on or letting it go he doubles down like an asshole.  Other politicians as you noted are much more well versed at this game and when they get called out on it they try to distance themselves from it, generally don't blast it on a social media and just don't talk about it.  Instead the leader of the free world is in twitter wars with people and seems to have no problem tweeting the first thing that comes to mind any time there's some kind of attack overseas, i.e. claiming it's terrorism which makes it fact in his world.  

The fact that these lies are repeated ad nauseam is the key to his strategy which he has used repeatedly. Regardless of political affiliation or political apathy you remember these catchy lies. Crooked Hillary being the most famous example. So he takes the mayor of London's words, twists the message that there will be increased police activity so to not worry about this activity into the message that he told the public not to worry period, and proceeds to attack him. Blatant scarecrow argument but logic fallacies are quite popular because they often work. The media repeats the phrase "London mayor said not to worry" over and over again while talking about his lie. The majority of public who only listens to soundbites only picks up this fragmented message and either accepts it consciously or subconsciously as true. Obviously the Trump opponents won't be receptive to his attempt but there are obviously many that are. If he told the truth it wouldn't get the necessary media attention to spread his political malware. Lying is crucial to his strategy.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The fact that these lies are repeated ad nauseam is the key to his strategy which he has used repeatedly. Regardless of political affiliation or political apathy you remember these catchy lies. Crooked Hillary being the most famous example. So he takes the mayor of London's words, twists the message that there will be increased police activity so to not worry about this activity into the message that he told the public not to worry period, and proceeds to attack him. Blatant scarecrow argument but logic fallacies are quite popular because they often work. The media repeats the phrase "London mayor said not to worry" over and over again while talking about his lie. The majority of public who only listens to soundbites only picks up this fragmented message and either accepts it consciously or subconsciously as true. Obviously the Trump opponents won't be receptive to his attempt but there are obviously many that are. If he told the truth it wouldn't get the necessary media attention to spread his political malware. Lying is crucial to his strategy.

I'm not sure that was a lie. As for Trump, you give him to much credit as I think there is more ignorance than lies that come from him.

Just now, Jason said:

I'm not sure that was a lie. As for Trump, you give him to much credit as I think there is more ignorance than lies that come from him.

Yes, he continually lucks into saying just the right thing to garner the exact media response he was looking for. He must be the luckiest SOB in the history of ever. If the guy lies all the time, how can one even believe that he is being honest about what he knows or doesn't know? Cherry picking when he is lying and not lying to support an argument is dubious at best. The only reliable metric is observing his actions and the results that occur. And those indicate that that there is a deliberate and repeated strategy that can be reliably predicted. This conclusion betrays an intelligence he clearly isn't keen on sharing with the public.

34 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The US media repeats the phrases but it seems like a lot of the rest of the world has caught on and they're not falling for it.  As you mentioned though the only thing that matters to him, for the 2018 elections and for any re-election hopes in 2020 is what the US public thinks.  I've had discussions going back to before the election with some hardcore R's who wouldn't vote D if their life depended on it and many of them are already over his antics.  Considering what he accomplished in getting elected I'm not going to write him off but we're less than 5 months into his presidency and the way he's acted as president is worse than anything most people could have imagined.  I'm not even talking about from a policy perspective I'm talking about as someone who is supposed to be the leader of the free world.  

I get where you are coming from Thomas, I do. But then he goes on a little rant like this morning, and in essence he's blown up any legal argument being put forth regarding the travel ban, along with tossing his justice department under the metaphorical bus.

Lawyer #1: It's not a travel ban

Lawyer #2: let's take a look at the ol' twitter thingie majigie...

I'm not sure I see what the 10th dimensional chess move is there...unless he's trying to ensure they lose in front of the supreme court so he can then turn around and tell departments to ignore the ruling and therefore saying judicial oversight of the administration no longer exists freeing them up to go even further on not just this issue, but others.

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The US media repeats the phrases but it seems like a lot of the rest of the world has caught on and they're not falling for it.  As you mentioned though the only thing that matters to him, for the 2018 elections and for any re-election hopes in 2020 is what the US public thinks.  I've had discussions going back to before the election with some hardcore R's who wouldn't vote D if their life depended on it and many of them are already over his antics.  Considering what he accomplished in getting elected I'm not going to write him off but we're less than 5 months into his presidency and the way he's acted as president is worse than anything most people could have imagined.  I'm not even talking about from a policy perspective I'm talking about as someone who is supposed to be the leader of the free world.  

I think it is easier for someone without a vested interest in domestic politics, such as well...the rest of the world, to see Trump for what he is. If you are an ardent R or D though I think it is easy to become influenced by ingrained biases. The right, God bless them, there are still many ready to support him regardless and many of those willing to shed blood over this. The left so drastically hate him that they can't help but be played as marks.

It is easy for someone to hate anyone versus the vacuum which is the current Democrat opponent. Replace the vacuum with the an imperfect candidate who has gone through the rigors of becoming the nominee and the race will tighten up considerably. I'd expect the blue collar to realize that Trump used them but then again I would not discount the left's ability to shoot themselves in the foot in this regard.

By any rational thought Trump (and his Democratic opponent) should have been disqualified from seriously consideration. So of course he was elected. Thank you two party system and less than perfect party nomination processes.

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by his actions or words. He acted as a pseudo-dictator in the campaign and he's acting like one now. I'm not sure supreme leader is his preferred future job aspirations but it's how he run his business. He surely has significant financial aspirations from this charade and one term may be enough to satisfy this obligation. He is running this country like he ran many of his businesses. The Bain Capital model. Extract as much money from the dying corpse as possible and laugh to the bank once it's dead.

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

I get where you are coming from Thomas, I do. But then he goes on a little rant like this morning, and in essence he's blown up any legal argument being put forth regarding the travel ban, along with tossing his justice department under the metaphorical bus.

Lawyer #1: It's not a travel ban

Lawyer #2: let's take a look at the ol' twitter thingie majigie...

I'm not sure I see what the 10th dimensional chess move is there...unless he's trying to ensure they lose in front of the supreme court so he can then turn around and tell departments to ignore the ruling and therefore saying judicial oversight of the administration no longer exists freeing them up to go even further on not just this issue, but others.

You really think he gives two squirts of piss about the Muslim ban? (Or the wall, ACA repeal, etc?)  He needed these issues to get elected. But they certainly aren't what motivates him much. And being able to bitch about those keeping him from accomplishing these things is a better political tool than actually accomplishing the task. Because then he isn't needed. But if he can fool those that would supporting him that he is actually trying?  Gold.

If he gave a boring, sane type of response to this issue like Pres. Obama would have given, the press doesn't spend hours and perhaps days constantly regurgitating it. And all those people who don't dig into the weeds, all they hear is that Trump really wants the ban and is hopping mad about it at the courts and the justice dept. about it. Targets that just happen to be already on the average right voter's shitlist.

Well that was a likely scenario once Trump decided he didn't need to gag him with executive privilege.  Trump will clearly um.. trumpet this as him having been proven to not having done anything wrong as this is his SOP.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Comey already testified that Trump didn't try to obstruct the investigation. Why would he change his story now?

He wouldn't. The media wanted people to believe he would. It makes for great ratings

On 6/6/2017 at 5:22 PM, Thomas said:

Well that was a likely scenario once Trump decided he didn't need to gag him with executive privilege.  Trump will clearly um.. trumpet this as him having been proven to not having done anything wrong as this is his SOP.

Yep

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/politics/donald-trump-james-comey-vindication/index.html?adkey=bn

President Donald Trump claimed "total and complete vindication" the day after former FBI Director James Comey testified on Capitol Hill, tweeting his first response to the bombshell testimony after spending all of Thursday off his social media site of choice

5 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

lol

Trump and peeps that lap his garbage up are adorable, and terrifying.

That's not as terrifying as knowing that anyone and everyone is subject to this behavior given the right frequency.