• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

I think this is a huge piece of our problems. We're not "one family." This is stupid and a contradiction to what America has traditionally stood for. 

During the campaign last February, Obama visited a Baltimore mosque and reminded the public that “we’re one American family, and when any part of our family starts to feel separate … It’s a challenge to our values.” 

47 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Interesting read.  I find it interesting that she brings up a couple of incidents of Muslims being attacked but doesn't bring up the Boston Marathon bombing or the San Bernadino shootings.

I also find it interesting that she found Obama "inspiring" while he has killed more Muslims than anyone but Bush.  

In other words I find her article to be self-serving and completely lacking in any self-awareness whatsoever.

I think everyone is already aware of those terrorist attacks. She did mention that some of the rhetoric from the alt-right is, interestingly enough, the same as the rhetoric from ISIS (Islam is at war with the West).

Yep, she's definitely an Obama nutswinger. But it's eye-opening to read about how the dynamics of the White House have changed, and how the power is far more centralized to a group of key advisors (who are all white males) compared to the diversity of the Obama White House. 

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think this is a huge piece of our problems. We're not "one family." This is stupid and a contradiction to what America has traditionally stood for. 

During the campaign last February, Obama visited a Baltimore mosque and reminded the public that “we’re one American family, and when any part of our family starts to feel separate … It’s a challenge to our values.” 

What has America traditionally stood for?

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think the term "alt-right" is just another label to dehumanize.  

I also think it is pretty hard for her to comment on the current white house when she was only there for eight hours.

Folks on the "alt-right" don't seem to detest the label.

Ahmed was there for eight days, not eight hours. I'm sure it was enough time for her to notice the stark difference between the two administrations, and some of the news stories that have come out in the past month probably confirm things that she suspected when she was there.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I don't see how those values contradict the idea that all Americans are part of "one family." Although, it was Adam who said that, not you.

Not sure what he is saying but for me the one family thing is really stupid.  IMO, Obama means that white folk need to accept everyone.  But it doesn't need to be a two-way street.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Not sure what he is saying but for me the one family thing is really stupid.  IMO, Obama means that white folk need to accept everyone.  But it doesn't need to be a two-way street.

When did Obama say that non-white people don't need to accept white people?

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

America is a place for radical individualism. This one family bullshit is what leads to hate and division and war

Please expand on this. What is an example? If you say that we're not "one family," does that not lead some families to believe they are superior to or "more American" than other families?

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Please expand on this. What is an example? If you say that we're not "one family," does that not lead some families to believe they are superior to or "more American" than other families?

Family members are the first suspect in a murder, so, yeah... 

52 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I guess, but should the entirety of one family pass judgement on the entirety of another? Or, is it better for 1 individual to assess another individual? The only commonalities between family members is shared DNA and experiences. Other than that, they can be as different from one another as any two random people. The only thing that truly unites Americans is commerce. The danger of leftism and 21st century conservatism is this desire and tendency to define people by their group(s). I can't think of a worse way to develop a point of view towards another person. 

Ok, I'll play along.

"You all can defeat Trump next time, but not if you keep mocking us, refusing to listen to us, and cutting us out. It's Republicans, not Democrats, who will take Trump down."

A challenge, first for the Conservatives in the room. Feel free to answer any/all, but try to do so without insults of the left or name calling - remember, you can't claim that as a reason, if you do the same in turn.

Why did you vote for Trump?

If you didn't, why did you prefer him over HRC?

What do you want most to see from him, and why?

What do you feel is the biggest complaint against government that they (gov or the left) haven't listened to your opinion/solutions on?

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

When did Obama say that non-white people don't need to accept white people?

I doubt he ever told the others to get along with white folk.  Besides, he doesn't have to explicitly say that.  He just needs to keep suggesting that white folk need to be accepting.

11 hours ago, Ordos said:

Ok, I'll play along.

A challenge, first for the Conservatives in the room. Feel free to answer any/all, but try to do so without insults of the left or name calling - remember, you can't claim that as a reason, if you do the same in turn.

Why did you vote for Trump?  Didn't, but many of my friends did.

If you didn't, why did you prefer him over HRC?  Because I didn't like the direction the country was going and I knew she would keep going that same way.  I also find her to be the most corrupt, unlikable politician I have ever seen.

What do you want most to see from him, and why?  I want him to limit government power.  I want him to let me keep more of the money I earn.

What do you feel is the biggest complaint against government that they (gov or the left) haven't listened to your opinion/solutions on?   1.  Keep out of my life.  Financially, personally, stop spying on me, stop telling me what I can and cannot believe.  Stop calling me stupid for not thinking their way is the correct way.  Basically just leave me alone so I can live my life the way I want, give to who I want to give to and have something left to leave for my boys.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-may-boost-recreational-marijuana-enforcement-spokesman-001059919--sector.html

Well, so much for being left alone.  So stupid and just a waste of time.  Hey Trump, you can't say states should have more rights and then fight them tooth and nail over something that is not Constitutionally a Federal area of concern.

Trump Fail!