• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

On February 16, 2017 at 0:55 AM, InsideThePark said:

But honestly, there is a bright side to all this craziness. Late night talk shows and the internet have never been better. I haven't laughed this hard in years. 

that's all I ever wanted.

and to think, some here were pissed off when it came down to Trump vs Hillary 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Why, didn't they have a right to make a choice? Take some responsibility here,  there are more registered Democrats than Republicans. If you didn't want Trump you needed to present an acceptable alternative. 

I'm telling people to take responsibility for their vote and you're saying they didn't have a choice.

Interesting.

6 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Democrats need to look themselves in the mirror, too. Comey and the DNC hack didn't help, but even with that, they still should have beat a reality tv clown. They need to ask themselves how they got into a position to where those things became relevant in the results. None of those things should have mattered.

Refer to the SJW thread for some of those answers

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

You will never learn.  Folks that voted for Trump don't need to be absolved.  Many were put in a shitty position, forced to choose between someone that stands pretty much against all they believe in politically (and just an unlikable person) and a complete egomaniac who would be a wildcard. 

Many on here made the argument (which I do not adhere to) that voting third party made their vote irrelevant.  So where else did they have to go.

Oh, I've already learned.  Trump voters will use any justification they can for their vote but the fact remains that they had the choice, and they voted for him.  This is the result.  

There were plenty of people who were saying how bad Trump would be as president, and the counter to that was mostly "but Hillary."  Look at that press conference yesterday, and then look at who you voted for.  Nobody had to vote for Trump.  Now, as then, they're just looking for any shred of justification.

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

So Hillary voters are only absolved because she lost?

Hillary voters can at least look at the train wreck that is President Trump and say "yep, she would have been better."  

We have a few Trump voters on here.  Do any of them want to chime in about how they're feeling right now?

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Oh, I've already learned.  Trump voters will use any justification they can for their vote but the fact remains that they had the choice, and they voted for him.  This is the result.  

There were plenty of people who were saying how bad Trump would be as president, and the counter to that was mostly "but Hillary."  Look at that press conference yesterday, and then look at who you voted for.  Nobody had to vote for Trump.  Now, as then, they're just looking for any shred of justification.

I agree with most of this but it seems that there is a pre mature judgment on how he has done as president. He is an asshole and that will never change. What happens with his policies is yet to be seen. I didn't vote for him but I'm not yet ready to call him a failure after a month. It's like calling the game over when the pitcher loads the bases in the top of the 1st.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree with most of this but it seems that there is a pre mature judgment on how he has done as president. He is an asshole and that will never change. What happens with his policies is yet to be seen. I didn't vote for him but I'm not yet ready to call him a failure after a month. It's like calling the game over when the pitcher loads the bases in the top of the 1st.

But it's CJ Wilson pitching, not Max Scherzer.

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

It isn't so just because you believe it is.  The fact is Clinton was unpalatable to a large segment of the population.  You use words like absolution and justification as if voting for someone you despise is some kind of sin.  

Also, it has been less than a month.  

1 hour ago, Glen said:

You wanna know how people like Trump and to a lesser degree Hillary attain power? This post, though there are many in the thread which would also work nearly as well, is a perfect illustration. When otherwise quite decent people are resorting to divisiveness and framing administration of a country into us versus them you paradigm one can reasonably assume that it is indicative of a much larger problem. Each side thinks they will gain strength via shaming and blaming the other side. Instead we end up with two opposing sides entrenched their own version of the Somme. Indiscriminately launching volleys towards anything that dares moves.  And the only thing left alive aren't rats for we are not this fortunate. It's sociopaths and narcissists and those that thrive upon the chaos and discord. People who have spent their entire lives preying on the emotionally vulnerable and naive. People act as if the people in power are the crazy ones. They aren't. The fact that they thrive is the only sane thing in the insane asylum we call American politics.

43 minutes ago, Glen said:

Hillary voters can at least look at the train wreck that is President Trump and say "yep, she would have been better."  

We have a few Trump voters on here.  Do any of them want to chime in about how they're feeling right now?

Didn't vote for Trump.  But outside of his blustering.  Stock Markets and manufacturing is up, which is good for the economy and for jobs.  SJW's are freaking out, which is just entertaining as hell.  We aren't pussies taking it up the ass on the world stage anymore.  We are telling other countries we are no longer world police.  We are going to do massive infrastructure investments.  Which looking at the incompetence of California, looks to be a good thing. 

Not too thrilled on his stance on illegal immigration.  I don't mind if we get rid of the crooks, but it seems to be going a bit too far.  Indifferent on his Muslim country ban.  The countries listed are shitshows, and he should of really said extreme vetting of those countries instead of bans. 

Wall is just that.  1/3 of it has already been put up, 1/3 is protected by a river and mountains, and there was no bitching back then.  Obamacare will hopefully get a revamp where it's financially viable. 

As for his beef with the media, that's just entertainment.

So overall.  I'm good with what Trump is doing.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Didn't vote for Trump.  But outside of his blustering.  Stock Markets and manufacturing is up, which is good for the economy and for jobs.  SJW's are freaking out, which is just entertaining as hell.  We aren't pussies taking it up the ass on the world stage anymore.  We are telling other countries we are no longer world police.  We are going to do massive infrastructure investments.  Which looking at the incompetence of California, looks to be a good thing. 

Not too thrilled on his stance on illegal immigration.  I don't mind if we get rid of the crooks, but it seems to be going a bit too far.  Indifferent on his Muslim country ban.  The countries listed are shitshows, and he should of really said extreme vetting of those countries instead of bans. 

Wall is just that.  1/3 of it has already been put up, 1/3 is protected by a river and mountains, and there was no bitching back then.  Obamacare will hopefully get a revamp where it's financially viable. 

As for his beef with the media, that's just entertainment.

So overall.  I'm good with what Trump is doing.

Kind of where I'm at with him too. If it falls apart then screw him.

8 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

Democrats have been losing momentum for 6 years, they figured a brand name like Clinton was their best bet. Trump winning was the best thing that could have happened to them. Pendulum should swing back harder than usual.

Democrats are who they are supposed to be. Republicans are a long way from Reagan. Reform is needed.

It may not happen if all these blowhard celebrities and SJWs continue with their out of touch nonsense 

15 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

Democrats have been losing momentum for 6 years, they figured a brand name like Clinton was their best bet. Trump winning was the best thing that could have happened to them. Pendulum should swing back harder than usual.

Democrats are who they are supposed to be. Republicans are a long way from Reagan. Reform is needed.

Trump winning was the best thing that could have happened to them if they get their shit in order.  I felt the same way about the dems in 2004 then the reps in 2012 yet both times the incumbent won because the other party trotted out bad candidates or rather they ran on the "I'm not the other guy" platform.

Democrats are who they are and that's a big reason why Trump got elected.  For the last so many years we've heard the dems and SJW's talking about how we have to be tolerant of every little thing and respect people's decisions/way of life/whatever.  Now they've shown that they don't know how to take a loss and it epitomizes the participation trophy generation who thought just showing up was enough.  Like gotbeer I didn't vote for Trump (or Clinton) but seeing people need a safe space and the SJW's having meltdowns has made it at the very least that much more amusing.    

30 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

Pendulum should swing back harder than usual.

How is that going to happen for Democrats when the amount of undecided in this country keeps going down? I mean there will be swings but with so few non-partisans there won't be much wiggle room for the fulcrum to move. They may well win the White House in four years, though that is hardly guaranteed when the every other level of politics on a national level is not very friendly to blues and the reds will do everything they can to make it less so by 2018.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I didn't vote for Trump, but am happy with the result. 

and "but Hillary" will always be a valid justicification for voting for Trump.

1 minute ago, cezero said:

idiots elect a supreme idiot, and still find a way to blame liberals

surreal

and idiots voted for a supreme lying, unethical b*tch and still think their shi*t doesn't stink.

get off your high horses libs. that's exactly why you went all "Rangers in the World Series" this past Election Day.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

This is the equivalent of Angels fans in 1995 talking shit to the Mariners fans for their team losing to the Indians.  Multiplied by a lot.

Ha! I came so close to using the 1995 Halos in my analogy but it hit just a little too close to home. 

jerk 

Edited by Lou