• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

He looks like casting central filed the role of President with the tough, fatherly looking candidate that could probably disarm a nuclear device with tweezers or fly solo into a squadron of Migs and come out victorious.

Just now, Blarg said:

He looks like casting central filed the role of President with the tough, fatherly looking candidate that could probably disarm a nuclear device with tweezers or fly solo into a squadron of Migs and come out victorious.

I really dislike that his religious views would affect policy, but Trump is governing like he's a religious nut, even though he isn't, to please his base. I know I wouldn't like him but I agree with colt - at least he would be a steady hand.

19 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

1. I didn't vote for Hillary.

2. I'm not marching.

3. Glad you finally seem to understand who deserves the brunt of the blame. Couple weeks ago, you tried to follow Jay's lead by putting the blame on Obama ("But Obama!"). In making that argument, you said that Hillary was "politically savvy" lol. Most who weren't in her base know that she is the complete opposite. Bill and Obama have that quality - not her.  It was a poor observation that you tried to fit into a false narrative.

Sorry, just an honest reaction. 

You've made lengthy posts very similar to that a few times now.

A) "you"= libs/democratic party 

2) see A

i) she was/is eons more politically savvy than Trump. Look at the clusterf*ck Trump has caused and he's only been in office for 10 days.  If you don't think Obama (see:Obamacare) had anything to do with Hillary's loss, you are blind. You keep attempting to make each of my comments as me stating they, each on their own, are the sole reason she lost. That is obviously not the case. The entire lot of them - Hillary, Obama, the Democratic Party... are all to blame for this historic bitchslap. 

That is a true narrative. 

Edited by Lou

18 minutes ago, Lou said:

A) you = libs/democratic party 

2) see A

i) she was/is eons more politically savvy than Trump. Look at the clusterf*ck Trump has caused and he's only been in office for 10 days.  If you don't think Obama (see:Obamacare) had anything to do with Hillary's loss, you are blind. You keep attempting to make each of my comments as me stating they, each on their own, are the sole reason she lost. That is obviously not the case. The entire lot of them - Hillary, Obama, the Democratic Party... are all to blame for this historic bitchslap. 

That is a true narrative. 

On 11/11/2016 at 11:50 PM, InsideThePark said:

Agreed, Doc.

Plus the emails, WikiLeaks, Comey's involvement and the ObamaCare premium hikes would have been tough for any politician to navigate through. Some of it was bad luck but a lot of it was a result of her own undoing.

So now that we've established that I'm not blind..

(What a relief)

Anyway I think we agree on the overall narrative. Seems that the disagreement was largely based on semantics.

16 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

So now that we've established that I'm not blind..

(What a relief)

Anyway I think we agree on the overall narrative. Seems that the disagreement was largely based on semantics.

well, I'll have to check, but I think I'm about to break AW TOS....

yep, we agree 

7 hours ago, cezero said:

Donald's administration doesn't see Radical Muslim terrorists who sneak into this country as wolves disguised in sheeps clothing and then murder Americans as humans. 

We completely agree on this. 

3 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

It's Sunday and the screening was for his family and staff families. Geez,  what a typical non story for the butt hurt press to publish just to try and stir up some negative response. They even admitted he didn't even watch the film but was working,  albeit five paragraphs in, after which most idiots were on their twitter account screaming how horrible this was since people were... Protesting! 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

It's Sunday and the screening was for his family and staff families. Geez,  what a typical non story for the butt hurt press to publish just to try and stir up some negative response. They even admitted he didn't even watch the film but was working,  albeit five paragraphs in, after which most idiots were on their twitter account screaming how horrible this was since people were... Protesting! 

Ivanka got grief for going to gala the other night while protests were going on. Not sure why she should put her life on hold because of what her dad does. Also, I'm jealous of her husband.

image.jpeg

7 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I agree that it's ridiculous that people are whining about Ivanka and the Nemo flick. That's all perfectly fine.

The real issue is that our President is a giant asshole and a con man. That's the problem.

and the libs STILL couldn't beat him

f'n amazing. every so often it just hits me - Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America. 

incredible 

I think some of us cons are dancing around this because it is uncomfortable.  I think it is reasonable for some of the libs to expect some kind of response that doesn't include "Hillary", "Obama" or the "DNC".  It is fair because the action that Trump is taking is all about Trump.  No dem had anything to do with his immigration policy.

Here is why I hate it:

1.  It is unconstitutional, folks can debate all they want but the First Amendment clearly states that no law can be made that discriminates based on religion.  Just because that said religion is unpopular does not negate that.  If they can somehow misrepresent the action to actually pass, then at least they are not following the spirit of the clause as in.

2.  As a Christian, this is basically everything that Jesus would not be.  We could not represent Him any less by backing this law and saying that people can't come here.  Also, and this this should be important.  If the goal of Christianity is to make more Christians, then having immigrants who are not Christians come to us, instead of us having to go to them is a boon.

3.  Lastly, this should scare the heck out of us Christians.  First because if it happens to Muslims it can happen to us.  Second, how do you think that these kind of laws make Christianity look?  Bad is the answer.

Thanks, I will take your answer off the air.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

and the libs STILL couldn't beat him

f'n amazing. every so often it just hits me - Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America. 

incredible 

It seems that it hits you very often (and it probably should), but there's obviously more to it than that. It was a Republican field that couldn't overcome him as well and had no idea how to respond to him.

It was a susceptible group of people that were ripe for the picking after years of feeling marginalized.

His team's approach was brilliant. He was marketed in a completely different manner than Hillary was, and to a completely different group of people, obviously.

It'll be an interesting 4 to 8 years.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think some of us cons are dancing around this because it is uncomfortable.  I think it is reasonable for some of the libs to expect some kind of response that doesn't include "Hillary", "Obama" or the "DNC".  It is fair because the action that Trump is taking is all about Trump.

I agree.