• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

6 hours ago, cezero said:

If the leaks about Donald possibly using Medicare as a replacement for Obamacare are correct, you may just see me say complimentary things about his administration. IMO, it was the logical next step, so not a step backward at all. 

We'll see, I guess. 

Is this true?

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Calscuf.  I have noticed that you are apparently a lawyer.  Since you are a doctor of the law.  What is your opinion of this banning people from Muslim majority countries (7 of them) but giving preference to Christian immigrants.  This seems plainly unconstitutional to me.  

Not a lawyer but I am a Christian and this wrong, wrong, wrong.  For multiple reasons.

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Calscuf.  I have noticed that you are apparently a lawyer.  Since you are a doctor of the law.  What is your opinion of this banning people from Muslim majority countries (7 of them) but giving preference to Christian immigrants.  This seems plainly unconstitutional to me.  

Oh man, if you were looking for an answer you liked on anything dealing with Muslims, you asked the wrong guy lol

It's Friday night... I can't wait to see his answer after he's knocked back a few cold ones.

8 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

Oh man, if you were looking for an answer you liked on anything dealing with Muslims, you asked the wrong guy lol

It's Friday night... I can't wait to see his answer after he's knocked back a few cold ones.

I'm not looking for any particular answer lol.  Genuinely want to know what he thinks.  I'm sure he'll have something amusing to say. He always does.  If there's other lawyers here, I'd love to hear their takes as well.  That said.  I've talked to a couple of personal acquaintances about it who are lawyers (not shitty diploma mill lawyers.  Successful practicing ones) and they think it's pretty black and white.  This is unconstitutional.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Not a lawyer but I am a Christian and this wrong, wrong, wrong.  For multiple reasons.

And strangely enough (as I understand it, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) Saudi Arabia isn't on the country watch list. You know, Saudi Arabia, that place where most of the terrorist assholes who pulled off 9/11 came from.

43 minutes ago, Glen said:

And strangely enough (as I understand it, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) Saudi Arabia isn't on the country watch list. You know, Saudi Arabia, that place where most of the terrorist assholes who pulled off 9/11 came from.

They have leverage. He won't piss them off just yet 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

From what I've read...of the seven on the list, Trump's companies do not have any business holdings in those countries, another thing they have in common...not a single American was killed on US Soil by citizens from those countries in the last 30+ years......countries that did not make the list, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, and Turkey...Trump's companies either have business deals or potential deals in place.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-immigration-ban-conflict-of-interest/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-muslim-ban-excludes-countries-linked-businesses-article-1.2957956

Should also be noted...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/us/politics/trump-syrian-refugees.html

In fact, the United States accepts tens of thousands of Christian refugees. According to the Pew Research Center, almost as many Christian refugees (37,521) were admitted as Muslim refugees (38,901) in the 2016 fiscal year.

32 minutes ago, red321 said:

From what I've read...of the seven on the list, Trump's companies do not have any business holdings in those countries, another thing they have in common...not a single American was killed on US Soil by citizens from those countries in the last 30+ years......countries that did not make the list, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, and Turkey...Trump's companies either have business deals or potential deals in place.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-immigration-ban-conflict-of-interest/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-muslim-ban-excludes-countries-linked-businesses-article-1.2957956

Should also be noted...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/us/politics/trump-syrian-refugees.html

In fact, the United States accepts tens of thousands of Christian refugees. According to the Pew Research Center, almost as many Christian refugees (37,521) were admitted as Muslim refugees (38,901) in the 2016 fiscal year.

It's not corruption, it's just good business! 

14 hours ago, calscuf said:

I'm not sure that banning immigration from particular counties is problematic if there is a national security interest, but banning Muslims in favor of Christians likely is.

But I'm not an immigration or constitutional law lawyer, so asking me is basically like asking a foot surgeon if, in my professional opinion, if Trump is a lunatic.  I'm not a psychiatrist, but I have eyes and ears so I'd say "yes".  But that opinion isn't good for much.  Now if you wanted my opinion on if he has bunions and gout, my opinion would hold much more weight.

But then again, I'm not a foot doctor in real life, I'm a lawyer, so my actual opinions on foot and bunions are useless, too.

You know what I mean?

I think so.

2017-01-28-13-03-25--899342840.jpg

On 1/25/2017 at 11:31 AM, mtangelsfan said:

He's spoken about making a veteran's care a priority.  While I doubt he comes through I am going to give that one a little time.

You mean by banning them from the country?

Two US translators already fucked by his pro-Christian policies.

The fact that anyone believes a word that moron says still boggles the mind.