• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

I've watched the middle declare eating an apple and drinking radiator fluid as the same thing for over a decade. We have simply reached the point where one side has declared they do not care about facts. They have outright stated it...even given it a tag phrase....and this is far from the first time Conway has said something similar. This isn't even spin. This isn't making a campaign promise and failing. Hell, even Bush's truthiness people are going...whoa...

So, if the media wants to stop trying to equivocate, by all means...do it. Report facts and what happens. If the Republicans lie or do something stupid...report it. If the Democrats lie or do something stupid...report it. Stop covering the horse race as if that is what is important. If someone tries to bullshit you...call them out for their bullshit...don't cower in fear and say..."well, some people think..." as if it's being fair and balanced. Don't spend half your report trying to equivocate picking up after your dog shits and smearing yourself with feces and running naked through a preschool.

All parties will be party off if the media stopped worry about access and appearing "fair and balanced".

To be fair, Trump's forced his party to take political bullshit to a whole new level.

As for Kellyanne Conway, she was a strategist for a Cruz Super PAC before signing on with Trump. Cruz was probably the biggest liar in politics before Trump entered the game, so I think that says something about her.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

9 minutes ago, red321 said:

I've watched the middle declare eating an apple and drinking radiator fluid as the same thing for over a decade. We have simply reached the point where one side has declared they do not care about facts. They have outright stated it...even given it a tag phrase....and this is far from the first time Conway has said something similar. This isn't even spin. This isn't making a campaign promise and failing. Hell, even Bush's truthiness people are going...whoa...

So, if the media wants to stop trying to equivocate, by all means...do it. Report facts and what happens. If the Republicans lie or do something stupid...report it. If the Democrats lie or do something stupid...report it. Stop covering the horse race as if that is what is important. If someone tries to bullshit you...call them out for their bullshit...don't cower in fear and say..."well, some people think..." as if it's being fair and balanced. Don't spend half your report trying to equivocate picking up after your dog shits and smearing yourself with feces and running naked through a preschool.

All parties will be better off if the media stopped worry about access and appearing "fair and balanced".

That's quite a rant. It has nothing to do with my post but it's quite a rant.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Cotton drops the mic on Schumer 

The Senate reconvened after the inaugural ceremonies on Friday, with Pompeo’s nomination set to come up at 4:50pm. Cotton angrily confronted Schumer about his broken promise. According to witnesses, Schumer told Cotton to lower his voice and asked him move off of the Senate floor to an adjacent hallway for a private discussion. “We need to take this out into the hallway,” Schumer said. Cotton walked with Schumer but loudly rejected his first request. “Don’t tell me to lower my voice!” he shouted, with an additional salty admonition tacked on for emphasis. Burr and Cornyn were present, as was Senator Mark Warner, ranking member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, and several aides.

Schumer told Cotton that the Senate had never previously confirmed a CIA director on Inauguration Day and if Cotton had been around eight years earlier, he’d know that Republicans didn’t extend that courtesy for incoming president Barack Obama. “Eight years ago, I was getting my ass shot at in Afghanistan,” Cotton snapped. “So don’t talk to me about where I was 8 years ago.”

Fwd: fwd: fwd:

2 hours ago, red321 said:

Of course the media deserves to be shamed and ridiculed for their atrocious coverage of this election. Because they fucked that up means they shouldn't try and do their job covering the administration, hell, maybe even learn from their mistakes? Spicer even spent part of his press conference complaining that the coverage of Trump has been unprecedented and it hurts his feelings.

Ahh...don't worry baby...now that I'm president I'll stop beating you...promise*

* unless you make me feel bad about myself of course

I hope they hold his feet to the fire everyday for the next 4 years.  But spare me the battered spouse analogy.  They are every bit the train wreck that he is.  

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-plan-move-us-embassy-jerusalem/story?id=44989790

What do you guys think of this?

From a national security standpoint, it's pretty stupid. From what I understand, it's not even a top priority for Israel.  This is more about pleasing uber conservative American Zionists who care more about this issue than the average Israeli citizen. Hopefully it'll turn out that he was all talk on this one.

9 hours ago, Glen said:

Interesting. I created a petition on whitehouse.gov for Trump to release his taxes, and now the link they emailed me for it says "link not found."

https://wh.gov/iu39b

https://wh.gov/iuiXE

I just signed a similar petition and they asked me to share with my friends.  I guess you guys will do.

58 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-plan-move-us-embassy-jerusalem/story?id=44989790

What do you guys think of this?

From a national security standpoint, it's pretty stupid. From what I understand, it's not even a top priority for Israel.  This is more about pleasing uber conservative American Zionists who care more about this issue than the average Israeli citizen. Hopefully it'll turn out that he was all talk on this one.

I'm pretty sure no one on this forum has more contempt for this then I do.   You hit it pretty spot on. American, and also British and Australian (to a lesser extent) evangelical Zionist are driving this.  The trouble they cause is absolutely incredible.  I could rage about this at length.  Jews are basically sheeps to be slaughtered to these fucking fanatics.  Gotta make sure the stars are lined up right when baby Jesus comes back.  All the Jew bros gotta die in the fire to make that happen.  Hallelujah !  :-/ 

7 hours ago, red321 said:

The job is the press is not to be a stenographer for the white house, especially a white house that has made alternative facts part of today's lexicon.

Would it be better if the press just let the press secretary spout of for a few minutes and walk off without questions? The battered spouse who sits by meekly so they don't get beaten?

The press should have walked out on him when he boxed them up in a corner at his rallies and then spent hours yelling at them.

They don't need access to do their jobs, if this is the first step in them getting a back bone...good for them.

From the article

“CNN’s decision to not air the press conference live illustrates a recognition that the role of the press must be different under Trump. When the White House holds press briefings to promote demonstrably false information and refuses to take questions, then press ‘access’ becomes meaningless at best and complicit at worst,” said Danna Young, an associate professor at the University of Delaware who studies politics and the media. “Democracy works best when journalists have access to the executive branch, of course. But that holds true if and only if that access leads to verifiable, accurate information. The decision on behalf of CNN to wait and verify before airing it live suggests that the media are adapting quickly to this new era.”

Undisputed champ of fake news:

r-DONALD-TRUMP-OBAM-BIRTH-CERTIFICATE-la