• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The left are the only one's that want to go to war with everyone.  Well, unless you donated to the Clinton Foundation that is.  But the rhetoric from the Dems was pretty much war with Russia was a guarantee.  And this was before their Trojan hacks.

You mean like how some Trumpanzees want to go to war with "Jina."

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, Ordos said:

What is the ideology, exactly? What does it entail?

In theory, I agree with the concept. But if "America First" meant "Let's go to war with everyone," there may be an issue...

to me it meant let's take care of america and americans first, like our vets, infrastructure, jobs, economic growth, and border security. it's a view i agree with - let's take care of ourselves first, then help out wherever we can around the world.

he also said something about no longer exporting our way of life on others.

i wonder if he'll stop or at least reduce the number of drone strikes.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

to me it meant let's take care of america and americans first, like our vets, infrastructure, jobs, economic growth, and border security. it's a view i agree with - let's take care of ourselves first, then help out wherever we can around the world.

And if that's it, I can get on board. Also, hearing that from a Republican Pres is wild.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

As a veteran I'm beyond tired of being used as a political prop by politicians of any stripe but it's particularly egregious coming from Trump. He's been insulting towards the military his entire campaign and the only time his charities have done anything to help veterans is when he has been forced to. His ideas about the military are terrible to just about anyone with any military experience.

Mattis has his work cut out for him.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/11/02/survey-career-oriented-troops-favor-trump-over-clinton.html

Survey: Career-Oriented Troops Favor Trump Over Clinton

Career-oriented troops favor Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump over his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton by a 3:1 margin, a new Military.com reader survey has found.

It's interesting that they use the phrase "career-oriented troops." I work with a bunch of those and I haven't found one who supported Trump. I do have some old Navy friends on FB who at least kinda support him, though. Point taken.

That said,  nothing Trump has ever done in his life convinces me he cares about us in any way other than as props.

15 minutes ago, Glen said:

It's interesting that they use the phrase "career-oriented troops." I work with a bunch of those and I haven't found one who supported Trump. I do have some old Navy friends on FB who at least kinda support him, though. Point taken.

That said,  nothing Trump has ever done in his life convinces me he cares about us in any way other than as props.

I wouldn't take it personally.  It's not that he doesn't care about you and your fellow military brothers and sisters.  It's that he doesn't really care about anybody. 

And that's fine. McCain the politician is fair game and justified. But shouldn't McCains war service be left out of the conversation? 

I mean, Jesus Christ, ever since 9/11 the Republicans have bashed anyone when they thought the military or the troops weren't being supported. At least in their minds. But all we get is crickets from them when a veteran is mocked by their guy. Seriously hardly a peep.

One of the reasons I no longer am affiliated with them. Bunch of phony fucking douchebags like their Democrat counterparts.

Looks like he did take some heat from other GOP candidates but it was minimal and didn't last. I may be projecting what I see from social media and friends and family. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I wouldn't take it personally.  It's not that he doesn't care about you and your fellow military brothers and sisters.  It's that he doesn't really care about anybody. 

Except himself.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I was in the military also. I don't have as much experience as you but I know there are lots of different jobs in the military and that likely infuences members opinions about various issues.

Fair point. And once I gave it more than a few seconds of thought I realized "career-oriented military" probably just means people on at least their second enlistment.

15 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

I know this is how you cons talk when you get in your little inner-circles but don't you think that's a little simplistic to attribute that rhetoric for most on the left? It's not crazy to oppose the wall or advocate against trade wars. A lot of that talk is attached to the America First slogan.

And yes I know there's plenty of nonsense spewed when libs get in their inner circles, too.

I don't know why you're quoting me? I asked a simple question. 

21 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Russians.

But seriously.  When you have a new president, that thinks there is wasteful spending all over the government.  And he wants to put an end to it, and pretty much try and get rid of the deficit.  It's best not to poke the hornets nest.