• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

This should pretty much put the nail in Comey's coffin. Somehow commenting 3 separate times on Clinton e-mail was warranted, twice right before the election...and yet an investigation into Russian attempts to influence the election wasn't

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article127231799.html

The FBI and five other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have collaborated for months in an investigation into Russian attempts to influence the November election, including whether money from the Kremlin covertly aided President-elect Donald Trump, two people familiar with the matter said.

The agencies involved in the inquiry are the FBI, the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and representatives of the director of national intelligence, the sources said.

Investigators are examining how money may have moved from the Kremlin to covertly help Trump win, the two sources said. One of the allegations involves whether a system for routinely paying thousands of Russian-American pensioners may have been used to pay some email hackers in the United States or to supply money to intermediaries who would then pay the hackers, the two sources said.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Red Storm Rising was probably his best though he cowrote it with Larry Bond. Granted I was 14 when I read it.

This was probably my favorite also but it's hard to choose.

Of the Jack Ryan stories Cardinal of the Kremlin is tough to beat.

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

Investigators are examining how money may have moved from the Kremlin to covertly help Trump win, the two sources said. One of the allegations involves whether a system for routinely paying thousands of Russian-American pensioners may have been used to pay some email hackers in the United States or to supply money to intermediaries who would then pay the hackers, the two sources said.

That seems dubious, at least as explained. Why would the Russian government outsource this to the US?  That is full of downsides and very little upside. I could understand if the money was flowing the other way. But why in the world would you not use the many many qualified hackers in your own country and why the hell would you use anyone subject to the US legal system?

23 hours ago, Adam said:

Tucker Carlson is my favorite mainstream right-wing media guy

http://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-ratings-versus-megyn-kelly-2017-1

Fox News 9 p.m. ratings soar as Tucker Carlson takes over for Megyn Kelly

Since taking over for Megyn Kelly, who departed earlier this month for NBC News, ratings in the 9 p.m. time slot have seen double-digit increases.

In the show's debut prime time week, "Tucker Carlson Tonight" averaged 3 million viewers and 576,000 in the key 25-54 demo, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Those numbers represented a 10% increase in total viewers over the 2016 average for "The Kelly File." The key 25-54 demo also saw a 12% spike.

Whatever the case, Comey needs to go. His "transparency" in the email investigation was shameful. Many on the right share the same sentiment, with some of them are calling for his resignation. His handling of the case influenced the election... although we can never be 100% certain if it shifted the results. It seems very, very likely that the Democrats would have at least won control of the Senate.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

This should pretty much put the nail in Comey's coffin. Somehow commenting 3 separate times on Clinton e-mail was warranted, twice right before the election...and yet an investigation into Russian attempts to influence the election wasn't

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article127231799.html

The FBI and five other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have collaborated for months in an investigation into Russian attempts to influence the November election, including whether money from the Kremlin covertly aided President-elect Donald Trump, two people familiar with the matter said.

The agencies involved in the inquiry are the FBI, the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and representatives of the director of national intelligence, the sources said.

Once they find the pizza connection all of the pieces will fall into place.

5 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Can someone please explain to me what is so wrong about the "America First" ideology? Serious question, I want a counter view point to mine...

According to the left, it is a viewpoint of Hitler. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/01/20/chris-matthews-msnbc-trump-speech-was-hitlerian.html

32 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Can someone please explain to me what is so wrong about the "America First" ideology? Serious question, I want a counter view point to mine...

Trump said it so it will be bad not matter what.  The left is still in the anger stage from the election 

34 minutes ago, Ordos said:

What is the ideology, exactly? What does it entail?

In theory, I agree with the concept. But if "America First" meant "Let's go to war with everyone," there may be an issue...

The left are the only one's that want to go to war with everyone.  Well, unless you donated to the Clinton Foundation that is.  But the rhetoric from the Dems was pretty much war with Russia was a guarantee.  And this was before their Trojan hacks.

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump said it so it will be bad not matter what.  

I know this is how you cons talk when you get in your little inner-circles but don't you think that's a little simplistic to attribute that rhetoric for most on the left? It's not crazy to oppose the wall or advocate against trade wars. A lot of that talk is attached to the America First slogan.

And yes I know there's plenty of nonsense spewed when libs get in their inner circles, too.