• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

Obama was often regarded as her best surrogate. The biggest problem for the dems was the candidate.

But sure, his administration is far from perfect. One of the biggest issues that hurt Hillary towards the end was the rising cost in Obamacare premiums. Overall, Obamacare has been a cancer on the Democratic Party. Definitely has a lot to do with why they've lost so many governorships and seats in Congress.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On 1/7/2017 at 10:56 AM, Blarg said:

Oh look, Red still doesn't want to talk about Guantanamo. I don't blame him, it's been 8 years and the Nobel Peace Prize winner still has a couple days to make good his promise. 

Meanwhile the Yam still hasn't taken an oath of office.

So, hey, what are your feelings about Guantanamo? Do you want it closed? If not, did you ever want it closed? I'm just curious.

21 hours ago, Lou said:

There are a whole hell of a lot of murder victims that weren't killed by someone who hated them. 

Here is a story for you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2017/01/09/mom-boyfriend-plotted-a-rape-murder-fantasy-that-left-her-teen-daughter-dead-prosecutor-says/?utm_term=.872655ec06fc

Tell me how any hate crime is worse than that.

7 hours ago, RallyMo said:

So, hey, what are your feelings about Guantanamo? Do you want it closed? If not, did you ever want it closed? I'm just curious.

I guess you missed what I posted to Thomas a few pages back. Let me elaborate.

I think the prisoners were and still are refused their due justice and should have been given representation and a trial well before Bush's term ended. Obama also didn't live up to his promise and as such there has been no justice served. Indefinite detainment is unnaceptable.

The closure of the prison is of  little concern, the detainees are the real argument. Until all are allowed to stand trial the closure of a structure means little. They will just be transfered to another facility and their basic human rights ignored.

I would say Obama was naive at best and disingenuous at worst when it came to the prison but I wouldn't blame him either seeing as there has been bipartisan obstruction when it came to closing the prison in congress.  As I had previously said no one has the stomach to bring them to the states.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2015/11/10/senate-bill-would-ban-guantanamo-bay-detainees-from-us

they've attempted to find places to relocate them here stateside, but there was a ton of uproar about keeping them away from local populations.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

I have a feeling those guys will be there until they just die of old age. Nobody wants to do shit about it.

yeah, barry failed on his "a year from now gizmo will be closed" promise. these prisoners aren't going anywhere soon.

https://www.ibm.com/blogs/policy/ibm-ceo-ginni-romettys-letter-u-s-president-elect/

IBM CEO Ginni Rometty’s Letter to the U.S. President-Elect

You’ve spoken about the importance of vocational education, and we agree. IBM has championed a new educational model for the United States – six-year public high schools that combine traditional education with the best of community colleges, mentoring, and real-world job experience. The first of these schools opened with IBM’s support 5 years ago in New York; we have hired some of the first graduates. There will soon be 100 such schools across the country. With your support, we could do much more. Let’s work together to scale up this approach of vocational training, creating a national corps of skilled workers trained to take the “new collar” IT jobs that are in demand here in America.

13 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Quit being so simplistic. It's the wall coupled with increased man power, air coverage and technology. If it won't work, why are all you libs so afraid of it?

because it's a waste of billions and billions of dollars that could be spent on things like schools, bridges, roads, etc...or real immigration enforcement improvements 

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

Anyone have anything on his press conference? I didn't get to see it.

I had to turn it off after thirty or so minutes...I then spent the next hour curled up in a fetal position muttering the words..."so fucked....so fucked...". It was as awful and petrifying as most people feared. But he is doing us a huge favor by letting his spawn run his companies because legally he can do whatever he wants.