• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

LOL, if you can't see the connection you are as dense as they come.  Who do you think came through Ellis Island, U.S. citizens?

If you can't see the difference between Ellis Island and today's immigration problems, you are as dense as they come.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well if someone brought you a birth certificate and a social security card it's pretty tough to tell whether it's that person or not.  Just make photo ID mandatory in our country.  

No, it has to be a photo ID plus either the social security card or birth certificate.  

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I would have no problem handing out huge fines for companies that don't do their due diligence with hiring.  However that isn't the entire problem.  The illegals will use someone else's identity and get jobs.  I wonder where they cash their checks or how do they get a picture ID to match to cash a check.  We aren't allowed to ask for picture ID in the hiring process, and we do back ground checks on nearly everyone.

Your HR people apparently do not understand the law and I would recommend they be fired immediately.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

If you can't see the difference between Ellis Island and today's immigration problems, you are as dense as they come.

Lawrence's original statement was it was important to keep "non-U.S. citizens out".  I do not agree nor do I think it fits into the goals or ideals of this country.  I believe we need to have that influx.  It just needs to be done legally.

But I really didn't expect you to be able to follow the discussion.

29 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Lawrence's original statement was it was important to keep "non-U.S. citizens out".  I do not agree nor do I think it fits into the goals or ideals of this country.  I believe we need to have that influx.  It just needs to be done legally.

But I really didn't expect you to be able to follow the discussion.

The immigrants on Ellis became citizens once they were scrutinized for sickness, insanity and criminality (albeit not as thoroughly as can be done today.) The rest were not allowed admittance. This is what I meant by non-U.S. citizens being allowed to stay. Sorry for the confusion.

2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

This is such a tired argument. Take away the welfare state and those jobs will be filled in a heartbeat. 

Makes me think of all the white people I see picking lettuce in the fields or hustling work outside of Lowes.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Not that it matters, everyone that works at in and out is white as F

One of my favorite "facts" about INO.  Here is a list off the top of my head of the last names of people that have my position with the company:

Nila

Concepcion

Delizo

Rodriguez

Guzman

Garcia

Marquez

Rodrigues

Gonzalez

Gonzalez

Padilla

So I would say about 25% of our DMs are hispanic.  In my division of 8 stores, 4 of the 8 are hispanic.  So no, we are not some bleach white company.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

One of my favorite "facts" about INO.  Here is a list off the top of my head of the last names of people that have my position with the company:

Nila

Concepcion

Delizo

Rodriguez

Guzman

Garcia

Marquez

Rodrigues

Gonzalez

Gonzalez

Padilla

So I would say about 25% of our DMs are hispanic.  In my division of 8 stores, 4 of the 8 are hispanic.  So no, we are not some bleach white company.  

You ship these white mexis in from Monterey?

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Nila

Concepcion

Delizo

Rodriguez

Guzman

Garcia

Marquez

Rodrigues

Gonzalez

Gonzalez

Padilla

We named our dog Nila. Fact. 

Few things are more irritating than pulling up to a drive-through at a fast-food restaurant and then not being able to understand what the person on the speaker is saying.

At INO they don't have this problem.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

Few things are more irritating than pulling up to a drive-through at a fast-food restaurant and then not being able to understand what the person on the speaker is saying.

INO does a good job of maintaining their audio equipment...the Golden Ox down the street from me...friggen terrible.

40 minutes ago, Jay said:

At INO, if there is a long line, they think it's worth it to have someone stand out there to take your order.  At other fast food places, the drive thru teller is taking orders, taking your money, getting your order, checking you order, and handing you the order.  In almost all cases, they forget at least one of the steps. 

It's just amazing when you think about it.  The amount In N Out charges, compared to other fast food joints.  And the number of people you see working at an In N Out compared to other fast food joints.  And yet, they pay more, and probably still turn a very good dime. 

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Huh? Are you implying that immigration wasn't hot topic in the 19th century and immigrants used as scapegoats to mask loss of jobs due to changes in technology and indifference to the plight of the average worker because of massive collusion between all levels of government and corporate interests?

Image result for no irish

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Huh? Are you implying that immigration wasn't hot topic in the 19th century and immigrants used as scapegoats to mask loss of jobs due to changes in technology and indifference to the plight of the average worker because of massive collusion between all levels of government and corporate interests?

dick...oh...wait...I was outed as Asian by Tank...never mind

36 minutes ago, Thomas said:

so no difference?

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Technology is a major factor but job loss due to illegal immigration began earlier than the digital revolution.