• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

44 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Actually, yes, yes it is.

Image result for statue of liberty pics

i don't think she would approve of the way immigrants come here illegally and then get handed cash hand over fist by our wimpy politicians who are just pandering for votes.

but then again, maybe that's just me.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Waste of time, money and resources.  Not to mention making us the first country with a wall since East Germany.  

I'm no open borders person but this is beyond the pale.  

the berlin wall was built to keep people in. this wall will be built to keep people out. different.

56 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Building a wall is ridiculous.  

As ridiculous as it is I'd say it's less ridiculous than the federal government failing to secure the border which saddles border states with added costs then the feds step in when some of those states try to do something about it.  The hundreds of billions of tax dollars paid for illegal immigrants aside the security risk in this day and age is beyond worrisome.  

Having been a government contractor for the last five years, my biggest problem with the wall is it will be a money pit. It will be done very shitty and the government's solution will be to just throw more money at it to fix issues. I've seen this first hand as we all have with the government. 

Second problem with it is it might not be a realistic project. Not saying it can't be done but our southern border shouldn't be looked at in the scale of what a map or a globe shows. Our border is what, 2,000 miles long? And a wall is a wall but you still need someone to guard it, right? Who? Military might work but now you have to house these people and potentially their families and some of these areas are remote as hell. 

I guess we'll see. 

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

When our border seemingly has more holes than Brandon Wood's swing I'm all for trying to seal it up with a wall. If it helps deter illegal immigration it will eventually pay for itself.

Crossing the border on foot isn't the only way to get into the country - which is what makes this such a boondoggle. A tunnel underneath it defeats it completely.

Conservatives who don't think the government can do anything correctly suddenly think the government can build a wall hundreds of miles long (if not thousands) that will actually be effective.  Listen to Kevin.  It will be a massive pork-barrel project that is never adequately finished.

23 minutes ago, Glen said:

Conservatives who don't think the government can do anything correctly suddenly think the government can build a wall hundreds of miles long (if not thousands) that will actually be effective.  Listen to Kevin.  It will be a massive pork-barrel project that is never adequately finished.

This is a significant amount of truth

25 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'd rather throw money at highways and bridges. 

And power grids.

And water supplies.

And protecting wine country.

41 minutes ago, Glen said:

A lib against spending. Eureka!

4 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

One of the only things I want the federal government to spend money on is border security. It's pretty much what it's there for. 

Isn't it more a matter of lack of motivation than resources currently?