• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Agreed. My best guess is that they plan to surround him with scientists that actually know how this shit works that will advise him, he'll take that info and he'll do the decision making.

Or he'll oversee the teardown of the department.

this is a token appointment if there ever was one. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

12 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Agreed. My best guess is that they plan to surround him with scientists that actually know how this shit works that will advise him, he'll take that info and he'll do the decision making.

Yeah.  Because if there's one thing Republicans love it's scientists that know how shit works.

58 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

or things will continue as they are now.

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

My guess is that isn't the same approach that they'll take when it comes to the EPA.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

sigh... "my husband is chasing them down to harass them"

more bitter libs

First page news on CNN.com, ABCnews.com, BBC.com, Foxnews.com.  Even if you directly search for Ivanka Trump, no where to be found on MSNBC.com  LOL

Edited by gotbeer

Definition of trumpery

1. 1a :  worthless nonsenseb :  trivial or useless articles :  junk <a wagon loaded with household trumpery — Washington Irving>

2. 2archaic :  tawdry finery

Trumpery derives from the Middle English trompery and ultimately from the Middle French tromper, meaning "to deceive." (You can see the meaning of this root reflected in the French phrase trompe-l'oeil-literally, "deceives the eye"-which in English refers to a style of painting with photographically realistic detail.) Trumpery first appeared in English in the mid-15th century with the meanings "deceit or fraud" (a sense that is now obsolete) and "worthless nonsense." Less than 100 years later, it was being applied to material objects of little or no value. The verb phrase trump up means "to concoct with the intent to deceive," but there is most likely no etymological connection between this phrase and trumpery.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/21/boeing-ceo-vows-to-build-new-air-force-one-for-less-after-trump-complaints.html

Boeing CEO vows to build new Air Force One for less after Trump complaints

The CEO of Boeing told President-elect Donald Trump Wednesday that his company can build a new Air Force One for less than originally quoted -- after Trump complained about the cost.

Earlier this month, Trump made headlines for blasting the company on Twitter for alleged cost overruns with the new fleet of Air Force One planes.

Trump called on the government to cancel the contract and called the supposed $4 billion price tag out of control.

Boeing’s Dennis Muilenburg, who met with Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., addressed the media after the meeting and said, “We’re going to get it done for less than that, and we’re committed to working together to make sure that happens.”

Just now, Blarg said:

Trump appears to know that the deal is always negotiable if you are willing to walk out of the dealership.

Yup.  My buddy talked to Trump when his golf course opened in Palos Verdes.  He said he always aims highest to start negotiations, even if it's unreasonable.  Because negotiations is you meet somewhere in the middle.  For instance.  Say he would be happy with $10.  He would say he would want $100.  You would negotiate, and he might only get $10.  But he also might get $50.  You would feel like you won, because Trump wanted $100 and you got him down to $50.  But in reality he won big, because all he really wanted was $10.

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

fantastic :mellow:

_93099030_trump.jpg

This is almost certainly a response to what Putin said hours before Trump tweeted that.

Putin said Moscow must “strengthen the military potential of strategic nuclear forces, especially with missile complexes that can reliably penetrate any existing and prospective missile defense systems.”

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This is almost certainly a response to what Putin said hours before Trump tweeted that.

Putin said Moscow must “strengthen the military potential of strategic nuclear forces, especially with missile complexes that can reliably penetrate any existing and prospective missile defense systems.”

Oh, well if you put it that way. I feel much better. 

57 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm not sure the idea of negotiating nuclear arsenals in 140 characters or less makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Yup.  My buddy talked to Trump when his golf course opened in Palos Verdes.  He said he always aims highest to start negotiations, even if it's unreasonable.  Because negotiations is you meet somewhere in the middle.  For instance.  Say he would be happy with $10.  He would say he would want $100.  You would negotiate, and he might only get $10.  But he also might get $50.  You would feel like you won, because Trump wanted $100 and you got him down to $50.  But in reality he won big, because all he really wanted was $10.

That's basic negotiating, not some Trump magic that only he knows.  Fuck's sake, my dad taught that to me when I was eight.  

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I know it's a response man.  It's a troubling response.  Has the policy of non proliferation been a bad one ? Do we need more then 7000 nukes ?  We have plenty of offensive weapons. 

Also, don't nukes cost a shit load of money ? I guess we won't be hearing about the deficit from conservatives for a while. 

Edited by UndertheHalo