• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

9 hours ago, Ordos said:

Sure hope it was a strong arm inducement, then, as opposed to a bribe to stay. Otherwise, I agree with this guy...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/803770794765651968?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

1300 jobs are still going to Mexico.  600 jobs from Carrier and 700 jobs from other UTEC businesses.  And they'll get 700k a year in tax breaks.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

57 minutes ago, Rico said:

1300 jobs are still going to Mexico.  600 jobs from Carrier and 700 jobs from other UTEC businesses.  And they'll get 700k a year in tax breaks.

That $700K comes out to $700 per employee that won't have to go on unemployment, hoping to find another job. Looks like Trump saved the state a ton of money in unemployment insurance, food stamps, subsidized Obamacare...

I wish Obama could have thought of this but he was too busy raising funds to put a criminal in the white house that supports NAFTA.

44 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That $700K comes out to $700 per employee that won't have to go on unemployment, hoping to find another job. Looks like Trump saved the state a ton of money in unemployment insurance, food stamps, subsidized Obamacare...

I wish Obama could have thought of this but he was too busy raising funds to put a criminal in the white house that supports NAFTA.

that's not fair.  Obama gave Carrier $5.1 million in stimulus cash in Dec 2013.  At that time, they stated they would use the money to “expand production at its Indianapolis facility to meet increasing demand for its eco-friendly condensing gas furnace product line.”

Fourteen months later they announced they were moving 1,400 jobs to Mexico...

and Obama did nothing. 

the lib outrage here was incredible 

Edited by Lou

On 11/29/2016 at 6:40 PM, the dude abides said:

What if instead of burning a flag, I purchase a pair of American flag underwear and intentionally shit myself while wearing them?  What if I don't fully shit myself but leave a giant skid mark.

You can see how this becomes a slippery slope.

then i would think you would have had a great night of drinking guinness and jagermeister

20 minutes ago, Lou said:

that's not fair.  Obama gave Carrier $5.1 million in stimulus cash in Dec 2013.  At that time, they stated they would use the money to “expand production at its Indianapolis facility to meet increasing demand for its eco-friendly condensing gas furnace product line.”

and Obama did nothing. 

To be fair, he and the several administrations before him have tried to do the only thing they can do to keep manufacturing in the US. That's allow illegal immigration to create a class of non-citizens that can be used as dirt cheap labor without all the inconvenience of giving them rights. It's the big edge these other countries have on us. The Europeans are trying to do this now with African and middle Eastern migrants but they're going to get a rude awakening when they find that there's no work ethic among these groups.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

and Obama did nothing. 

This is what confuses me, how Trump can save 1,000 jobs for a $700K tax break but the liberals bitch and moan without ever addressing what the economic impact 1,000 jobless Americans would cost society.

Meanwhile Obama burned enough cash to cause a carbon tax, floating a half billion dollars into Solyndra that went belly up, dropping billions into the auto industry and not a damn thing has changed in their production of gas eaters, in fact they are producing more high performance gas guzzlers than ever before, then gives his college buddy the ACA contract that was doled out to a Canadian company that they had to fire for incompetence and cost overages, meanwhile his secretary of state is running a Pay to Play scheme with her foundation but... but... but... Trump.

Always the liberals bad guy even though he is getting stuff done while on what should be his last vacation before taking over for the the Fundraiser in Chief. If only the actual sitting President wasn't sitting on his ass all the time and getting jobbed every time he makes a decision, this country might have been in good enough shape that such a terrible candidate like Trump couldn't have gotten through the primaries.

Thank you Obama for your generous donation to the MAGA campaign.

In general I don't think this is a bad thing. It will be interesting to see what concessions were made on the part of the state and local governments, I'm guessing tax incentives and the like. A big driver of this was Carrier is part of a larger company, UTC, which is a defense supplier, and they had a lot of concerns about federal defense related contracts. I think it's absolutely appropriate to hold that threat over these companies who make a living doing business with the federal government that business needs to be kept onshore.

what trips me out post election is people really seem to spend a great deal of time, energy, or focus on random dumb people from whichever party they despise like it's a new phenomenon that dumb people exist or that dumb people do dumb things.

it's like an arms race to see which side has more dumb people.

12 hours ago, Taggart said:

what trips me out post election is people really seem to spend a great deal of time, energy, or focus on random dumb people from whichever party they despise like it's a new phenomenon that dumb people exist or that dumb people do dumb things.

it's like an arms race to see which side has more dumb people.

The problem is that there is no clear winner.