• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

17 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

It was the obvious thing to do but he had to stay true to his personality and be a jackass about it.

I think you are losing your perspective, Arch. MAGA is a dipstick but you don't have to jump on everything he posts like Stradling does with Claude. This is just a tweet and not even close to being controversial.

Here's my take on the conversation

Advisor:I really think you should put your business in trust

Trump: No. Nothing can make me do that. It's my business and I'll run it if I want

Advisor: If you do that then everyone will insist on seeing your tax returns

Trump: No way. Not going to show them. I don't care what other presidents did

Advisor; then even the Republicans will turn on you and you'll get one last opportunity to be a grandstanding boob at your very own impeachment trial

Trump: Ok do it. but not because I have to. It's because I want to

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Sorry for the Nate-like tweet storm. Spin it lefties.

I'm not sure what you are looking to have spun.

He said he was going to do this during the primaries, he then backtracked...now he's doing what he said he was going to do which was always a farce.

This isn't the actual issue though. Having a blind trust, run by your adult children who are your closest advisors isn't a blind trust...especially when you have them in your meetings with foreign leaders. We also do not have a clear picture of what businesses he has pieces of because he won't release his tax returns. For example...he has investments in pipeline activities his administration now has approval over. He owes money to banks (like Goldman Sachs), and foreign banks...but nobody has a clear picture of that.

This is the issue, not a "blind trust" run by his children.

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

He said he was going to do this during the primaries, he then backtracked...now he's doing what he said he was going to do which was always a farce.

This isn't the actual issue though. Having a blind trust, run by your adult children who are your closest advisors isn't a blind trust...especially when you have them in your meetings with foreign leaders. We also do not have a clear picture of what businesses he has pieces of because he won't release his tax returns. For example...he has investments in pipeline activities his administration now has approval over. He owes money to banks (like Goldman Sachs), and foreign banks...but nobody has a clear picture of that.

People like you won't be happy unless he were to sell his entire enterprise.

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

This a weird issue.  One that I would have thought would have been brought up at some point during the elections.

But I see it as no different than Hillary leaving the Clinton foundation to be run by Chelsea if she won.  When she was clearly involved in some questionable moves regarding the foundation when she was Secretary of State. 

I don't agree with either, but it is what it is, and it's too late to cry wolf now.

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

People like you won't be happy unless he were to sell his entire enterprise.

As compared to fellating him for a grandiose proclamation that he was going to do nothing about his conflicts of interest I'm comfortable with that

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

This a weird issue.  One that I would have thought would have been brought up at some point during the elections.

But I see it as no different than Hillary leaving the Clinton foundation to be run by Chelsea if she won.  When she was clearly involved in some questionable moves regarding the foundation when she was Secretary of State. 

I don't agree with either, but it is what it is, and it's too late to cry wolf now.

It was...repeatedly...but Hillary sent an email...