• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I have zero expectations that he will change, it's just that it's at the point that we'll be able to judge actual actions.  We shall see.  My point is why not just take him at his word ? He's been singing similar tunes since Obama got elected and he continues to do so.  Why should we give him credit for being some sort of evil manipulative genius? 

How in the bloody hell do you take him at his word?  It changes every time he speaks. Is there any issue he hasn't spoken out of both sides of the mouth on? He's been flirting with running for this office since Donahue was a thing and he sounded like a Democrat more than anything back then. And then post-2008 he creates this obviously pandering character of a right-wing blowhard, down to the trucker hat, that would make Michael Moore blush. And while evil manipulative genius may be a stretch, well perhaps, he clearly is a self aware conman with decades of training in selling the Trump brand. I'm not even sure how we judge him. Will we ever actually know his true motivations? He claims global warming is a Chinese hoax, then flatly denies it even though he of course famously tweeted that exactly while simultaneously trying to build a seawall around a Trump golf course in Scotland because of...rising ocean levels due to global warming. He got millions of people, many who voted for Obama, to honestly believe he cares about the plight of the common lower middle class. I think by this point if nothing else we can safely assume that he is one of the most amazing salesmen in the history of everything ever.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

5 hours ago, nehushtan said:

By burning the flag, one symbolically rejects this country and everything it stands for. What gives them any right to live under it? The First Amendment protects the freedom of speech, not treasonous acts.

What if instead of burning a flag, I purchase a pair of American flag underwear and intentionally shit myself while wearing them?  What if I don't fully shit myself but leave a giant skid mark.

You can see how this becomes a slippery slope.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Like it or not.  This is a huge feather in the cap for Trump.

Carrier says it has deal with Trump to keep jobs in Indiana

Trump saves 1,000 jobs and didn't have to spend a billion in tax dollars to do it. And he is not even the President yet, while Obama is sitting on his ass willing to watch Carrier shut out workers and not lift a finger.

Spin it Red.

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Trump saves 1,000 jobs and didn't have to spend a billion in tax dollars to do it. And he is not even the President yet, while Obama is sitting on his ass willing to watch Carrier shut out workers and not lift a finger.

Spin it Red.

Oh? Do you know what the "inducements" are yet?

7 minutes ago, Ordos said:

I'm sure the residents of Indiana will enjoy subsidizing a money losing factory, as much as you enjoyed subsidizing a money losing health care law. #gettingshitdone

There is no need to bring the Indianapolis Colts into this discussion. 

3 hours ago, Ordos said:

I'm sure the residents of Indiana will enjoy subsidizing a money losing factory, as much as you enjoyed subsidizing a money losing health care law. #gettingshitdone

"In February, 1,400 employees of Carrier Air Conditioner in Indianapolis were told their jobs were being transferred to Mexico to cut costs.

It turns out that, according to the annual report of United Technologies, its parent company, that Carrier was a profitable and growing business segment.  In 2015, it was UT’s best-performing division in the company."

Edited by Lou

5 hours ago, Lou said:

"In February, 1,400 employees of Carrier Air Conditioner in Indianapolis were told their jobs were being transferred to Mexico to cut costs.

It turns out that, according to the annual report of United Technologies, its parent company, that Carrier was a profitable and growing business segment.  In 2015, it was UT’s best-performing division in the company."

Sure hope it was a strong arm inducement, then, as opposed to a bribe to stay. Otherwise, I agree with this guy...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/803770794765651968?ref_src=twsrc^tfw